shape
carat
color
clarity

Gingerbread house decorated with real pearls? Please, Santa?

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
The house is being offered to customers who would like it built as a small-scale model of their own home. It will be baked with premium ingredients and come donned with 150 real pearls and a ruby, which the buyer can keep after the neighborhood kids are done gnawing on its fancy walls.

The deal is being offered by VeryFirstTo, a luxury products company, which has teamed up with London-based baker Georgia Green of Georgia's Cakes.

Whether the house ends up being a millionaire's chalet in France or a McMansion in Florida, Green is ready for the challenge.

"I've made architecture models before," she said. This will be the first time she's using precious gems on a creation.

Green said the ingredients, which are fair trade and organic, will cost her about £100, or about $150. The accompanying 150 white South Sea pearls come in at a total cost of $44,850 and the five-carat Mozambique ruby has a value of $7,800.

141119120837-gingerbread-house-620xa.jpg

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Re: Gingerbread house decorated with real pearls? Please, Sa

Well, there you go- I know what I'm putting on my list for Santa!! :lol:

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Well that is just too cute ! Expensive...but cute!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock

How fun Ennui. Thanks for posting.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock

Super sweet! Thanks for sharing ennui! :wavey:

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock

Now that is a real Christmas present!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think I'm a bit too OCD for this....I would worry about the icing damaging the pearls! Or that a kid would eat one of them. And if I'm gonna have $44K worth of WSS pearls on my cake, I'd want to be able to make them into a necklace or jewelry set later (as it seems like there would be plenty there for a necklace, bracelet and earrings, maybe with the ruby set into a gorgeous clasp).

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

cmd2014|1416853812|3789634 said:
I think I'm a bit too OCD for this....I would worry about the icing damaging the pearls! Or that a kid would eat one of them. And if I'm gonna have $44K worth of WSS pearls on my cake, I'd want to be able to make them into a necklace or jewelry set later (as it seems like there would be plenty there for a necklace, bracelet and earrings, maybe with the ruby set into a gorgeous clasp).

Haha! I thought of exactly the same thing! What if the pearls are damaged? The horrors! :errrr:
The house is too cute but I will rather have a gingerbread house with a separate strand of WSSP necklace and a ruby ring. :D

Thanks for sharing! I don't mind a Christmas tree decorated with ropes of pearls and dangling large pearls and gems tho...

ennui

Brilliant_Rock

I don't think the frosting would damage the pearls. Sugar is a preservative. It's not an acid (is it?). I was wondering if the pearls are drilled. For $44K, they should be good quality pearls, no?

And what about shipping. Maybe the artist comes to your home.

RE shipping, maybe the pearls come in a separate bag and you can grab them and run. :D

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock

I shall have two please.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results