shape
carat
color
clarity

Indian Royal Jewels at The Met

April20

Ideal_Rock
I was at The Met yesterday and had the opportunity to see the temporary installment of the Indian Royal Jewels. I'm going to be honest and say I didn't spend much time reading any of the information. I mainly stood there with my tongue hanging out, slobbering all over the place. My phone battery was all but shot, unfortunatley, so I didn't get the best pics. Just the ones I could quickly snap before it died on me. I'd like one of each, please. Especially the sword. I think I could really rock a sword with a jewel encrusted hilt.

Oh wait. I did read enough to learn that the last picture in my collage (huge pear diamond drop brooch) is Cartier.

_24497.jpg

_24498.jpg

_24499.jpg

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for posting this. I plan to see the exhibit.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Spectacular! I'd LOVE to see it. I could handle that sapphire if anyone offered it to me & the emerald isn't shabby either. Wonderful you got to see it -- and thanks for letting us see a little too. I envy you!

--- Laurie

Bananas

Rough_Rock
April20|1416754986|3788975 said:
I'd like one of each, please. Especially the sword. I think I could really rock a sword with a jewel encrusted hilt. .

LOL :lol:

Thanks for sharing! I wish I was in town to see this.
There really are no words to describe these pieces! :lickout:

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sure I'd be slobbering all over the place too. lol.

Thanks for the pictures! I wish I was closer to the Met!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
thank you for the pictures!
stunning pieces is an understatement.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow wow wow! I know it is kind of silly, but I am glad there are things like this in "real life" rather than just in stories, fables and myths. And it's nice to think that some of those stories are based on real things.

April20

Ideal_Rock
part gypsy|1417025534|3790769 said:
Wow wow wow! I know it is kind of silly, but I am glad there are things like this in "real life" rather than just in stories, fables and myths. And it's nice to think that some of those stories are based on real things.

I know, right? It's almost hard to believe they're real. There wasn't much of a crowd in the room either. You could stand and stare without being hurried along. It was mesmerizing.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That pear OMG :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for posting and also for reminding me about this. Definitely on my to visit list now. Gorgeous pieces. :appl:

April20

Ideal_Rock
Elliot86|1417030337|3790804 said:
That pear OMG :love:

I think the sign said it is 57 cts!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results