shape
carat
color
clarity

Can I see your split shank with your wedding band?

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all- I posted a thread on RT regarding split shanks, and because I plan to wear my Tiffany Novo wedding band with my new reset, I am torn as to whether this style shank would work well with a band... would any of you be kind enough to post pictures of this combo? Did you find that you had to upgrade your ring size due this?

TIA!! :wavey:

ewozobski

Rough_Rock
20141030_153424.jpg

Here is my set! Sorry for the terrible quality photo as it was taken using my phone.

At first I was very hesitant about my split shank but because it is quite subtle I think it adds a nice touch. Hope this helps!

ewozobski

Rough_Rock
here are 2 other images for you as well! again, sorry for the terrible quality.
share_0.jpg
share_2.jpg

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
ewozobski|1416711836|3788760 said:
share_0.jpg
share_2.jpg

Beautiful! Your band looks slightly curved? Is it custom? I will be wearing this with my Tiffany Novo, so I worry about whether it would compliment a split shank... lovely combo... would you mind sharing a sideview? Also- I am assuming your setting is custom, who was the vendor? The halo is nice and substantial, I love it!

Thank you, kindly!!

ewozobski

Rough_Rock
TruLuv858|1416748736|3788937 said:
ewozobski|1416711836|3788760 said:
share_0.jpg
share_2.jpg

Beautiful! Your band looks slightly curved? Is it custom? I will be wearing this with my Tiffany Novo, so I worry about whether it would compliment a split shank... lovely combo... would you mind sharing a sideview? Also- I am assuming your setting is custom, who was the vendor? The halo is nice and substantial, I love it!

Thank you, kindly!!

Thank you!

My band is slightly curved. My DH and I thought we were going to have to go the custom route after trying on many bands, but we were lucky enough to find this one off the shelf at a local jeweler. Unfortunately I don't really have an specs on it but I can surely find out if that is helpful to you.

My setting is custom. We had it made at R&R Jewelers in NYC. DH was very specific with what he wanted for the halo... not TOO big to overshadow the center stone but not too small either (guess I should call him Goldielocks!). Here are additional photos for you (again sorry for the really terrible quality, it's a rainy day here AND I took them with my phone). Let me know if you'd like any other views.

20141123_085651.jpg
20141123_085701.jpg
20141123_085757.jpg

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Ewozobski- well, your DH did a lovely job...that is my dilemma now, how large do I want to go on my halo, not too big, but not too delicate? Do you know if your Halo Melee are 1 pointers? I'm curious? It's quite lovely! I really love the shank. It's gorge. Just for reference, what size is your center stone? And ring size? I'm trying to gage... it's always hard when going custom! It's exciting, but the research involved is crazy! Lol!

Thank you for taking the time to share your gorgeous ring!!

ewozobski

Rough_Rock
TruLuv858|1416760433|3789020 said:
Ewozobski- well, your DH did a lovely job...that is my dilemma now, how large do I want to go on my halo, not too big, but not too delicate? Do you know if your Halo Melee are 1 pointers? I'm curious? It's quite lovely! I really love the shank. It's gorge. Just for reference, what size is your center stone? And ring size? I'm trying to gage... it's always hard when going custom! It's exciting, but the research involved is crazy! Lol!

Thank you for taking the time to share your gorgeous ring!!

Thank you so much... I will have to pass your words along to him and he will be quite thrilled. He is an engineer and technical and perfectionist tendencies came in handy for this project of his.

The stones in the shank and halo are .01 carats each (I'm not up on my jewelry lingo but I think those are 1 pointers?). The size of my center stone is 1.72 carats (dimensions = 7.69x6.49x4.5). The stone really does sparkle, unfortunately my photography skills and lack of a proper camera really hampers me from capturing the beauty. The ring is sized as a 6 but my finger is more like a 5.5-5.75.

I spent so much time trying to gauge other people's ring sizes/ finger coverage/ etc. when we were looking at rings so I am quite happy to help!

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi, here is my set. The e-ring was made by Victor Canera.

No, I did not have to do any special sizing to accommodate wearing both.

Good luck with your decision!

Anne

split_shank_ring_with_band.jpg

napatastic

Rough_Rock
Anne: May I ask where you got your wedding band? Is it VC as well? It is BEAUTIFUL and I love the contrast between your ering and the band, :love: I would love to see some more pictures of your set!!!

TruLove: I am sorry if this is a "thread jack" (I am new to interacting on forums and am not 100% confident of etiquette) I am also on a bit of a split shank journey (custom oval split shank) so I seem to have some of the same questions as you.

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
anne_h|1416772997|3789132 said:
Hi, here is my set. The e-ring was made by Victor Canera.

No, I did not have to do any special sizing to accommodate wearing both.

Good luck with your decision!

Anne

Anne- your halo size I what I'm leaning towards... love it!!! Would you mind sharing your ring specs? I wanted something large on the halo, without looking "flowery," your ring is stunning!!

split_shank_ring_with_band.jpg

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Ewozobski- Thank you so much fo sharing!!! Gorge!

Napatastic- no problem, this is what the forum is for! Anne's ring is TDF, and I'm curious about the band as well!! Welcome!!

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi guys, thanks for your interest! More specs on my ring are available in my original show and tell thread: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ct-oec-victor-canera-split-shank-halo.168492/

The band is from this vendor: http://antiqueengagementrings.com/shopping/ I bought it about 8 years ago, and it was a style I had not seen on his website. I was visiting New York one day and went to his shop and it was something ready-made for sale. It's a cast piece (antique reproduction), not expensive, was ~1k at the time. It's platinum set with marquise blue sapphires alternating with tiny round diamonds.

I don't have any other threads or pics of the set, today was the first time I ever took any, lol.

Hope this helps!

Anne

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Anne- so I'm clear the halo is 1.8mm? It seems so much more delicate? I love how it's the perfect combination of delicate and robust, but it's probably because its one serious rock!! Lol! I am wondering if I should lean towards a 1.5mm halo to achieve similar proportions for a 2.5 OMB, which is what has been suggested. I LOVE a super delicate halo, but I don't know that it will fulfill the coverage I am looking for. Your proportions are perfection! Absolutely perfect!! I love that Mark found your upgrade! Isn't he wonderful? He found my current diamond and created my current setting. I wish I could upgrade my stone, but that isn't in the budget right now- a new setting will have to do :naughty:

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
ewozobski - Your ring is lovely!! What a great set.

ewozobski

Rough_Rock
CharmyPoo|1416803266|3789353 said:
ewozobski - Your ring is lovely!! What a great set.

Thank you so much! I need to stop ogling everyone else's sets because I feel like mine doesn't even compare!

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
TruLuv858|1416800644|3789332 said:
Anne- so I'm clear the halo is 1.8mm? It seems so much more delicate? I love how it's the perfect combination of delicate and robust, but it's probably because its one serious rock!! Lol! I am wondering if I should lean towards a 1.5mm halo to achieve similar proportions for a 2.5 OMB, which is what has been suggested. I LOVE a super delicate halo, but I don't know that it will fulfill the coverage I am looking for. Your proportions are perfection! Absolutely perfect!! I love that Mark found your upgrade! Isn't he wonderful? He found my current diamond and created my current setting. I wish I could upgrade my stone, but that isn't in the budget right now- a new setting will have to do :naughty:

Hi TruLuv,

Yes, according to my records, Victor said the halo was 1.8mm. I believe my stone is ~9.8mm across, so 9.8 / 1.8 = a ratio of 5.4

If you want a similar ratio, you can use the diameter of your stone to solve for the halo diameter that would yield the same ratio. Algebra, our favorite!

For example, if your stone is 8mm across, the calculation would look like:

8 / x = 5.4
8 = 5.4x
8 / 5.4 = x
x = 1.48, so a halo of 1.5mm

I would probably not go any narrower than that, but also run your plans by your jeweler.

Yes, Mark is great. He completely surprised me by finding what eventually turned out to be my stone only a few days before I got to New York for my diamond hunting trip.

Is he going to do your new setting?

Anne

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
uploadfromtaptalk1392692327381.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1372883059138.jpg

My split shank is a little different, in that it has no stones in the shank. My band is from IDJewelry.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So mine is a triple split shank, but I thought I'd post anyway. I'm not a fan of curved bands, and I love a gap between the ring and wband. :)) *sorry these pics are dark
imageuploadedbytapatalk1410622076.jpg
imageuploadedbytapatalk1413545000.jpg

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
msop04|1416894205|3790052 said:
So mine is a triple split shank, but I thought I'd post anyway. I'm not a fan of curved bands, and I love a gap between the ring and wband. :)) *sorry these pics are dark
imageuploadedbytapatalk1410622076.jpg
imageuploadedbytapatalk1413545000.jpg

msop04- I just love your setting, and I agree, I like the gap too! This provides great perspective. It's absolutely beautiful, thank you for posting! I never tire of looking at this beauty...I'm going to have to look up all the specs of your ring again :)

Kaekae- Thank you for posting!! Your ring is lovely!! I appreciate all different perspectives and styles- I adore your band!!

Anne- Thank you so much for the ratio information! This is incredibly helpful. I would have NEVER figured out that calculation. Lol!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results