color
clarity

Life with or without Sugar?

Life with or without Sugar?

• I live without sugar.

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • I should live without sugar.

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • All things in moderation - a bit of sugar is O.K.

Votes: 24 50.0%
  • I eat a lot of sugar.

Votes: 12 25.0%

• Total voters

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
it also depends on the type of sugar.

high fructose corn syrup I try to avoid as a dangerous poisonous substance.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I watched the trailer and am glad someone is bringing the fact that so-called "healthy" foods can be laden with sugar to light. I eat a lot of plain yogurt, but will sometimes add a couple of spoonfuls of Stonyfield Lowfat Vanilla to add a bit of sweetness. One day my supermarket ran out of Lowfat Vanilla so I picked up Nonfat Vanilla (same brand). It turns out that Nonfat and Lowfat have the exact same number of calories. I emailed them and asked why they would bother having a Nonfat version (which tastes terrible) that, because they've added even more sugar, has the same number of calories as Lowfat? Their response was that some people are trying to restrict sugar while others are restricting fat.

I couldn't argue because they are absolutely right. Most people are under the misguided notion that all these low fat options are healthy when in reality the sugar content is pumped up. I switched from low fat plain to whole milk yogurt about a year ago and am now 5 pounds thinner. The whole milk version has more calories but by keeping me full longer, it makes up for that.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results