shape
carat
color
clarity

E color in 18k Rose gold

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
I am getting a setting made for an E color diamond. I love rose gold but wonder if it would tint the stone too much that it won't look icy white. Or do you think the E would pop next to the rose gold? I tried to search for colorless stones in rose gold but find that most of the rose gold rings have lower colored diamonds and they look beautiful but I wonder what it would do to an E? Any ideas or links/photos of rose gold rings with D/E/F/G/H/I diamonds? Thanks.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I don't have any photos to show you just to say that i have a yellow gold setting with a trillion stone. My jeweler put rodium underneath the stone to keep it from looking yellow. the stone is G color on its own

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks heididdl for your input. I gather from your post, that yes, the metal color will tint the stone,huh? So I guess white metal it is :(sad unless someone comes in and chimes differently ;))

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
I have rose gold set- mine is a 'G'. Lots of photos on the SMTB thread. There is also a G AVC in rose gold Ritani.

My husband really valued color, and we looked at an E and a D, and they told us at GOG that D was the best, color wise, with the rose gold in this scenario because it really popped. In the end we went with a G for more size, but anyways I will share a photo of the RG with an 'E' from GOG, and what I think is a higher colored diamond in an entirely rose gold setting- it is from the van craeynest thread, I forget where, but you can search and track it down. There is also a 'show me the rose gold' thread. Good luck. If it were me would get the metal I wanted.

_24465.jpg

vcrg2.png

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for those photos....I love your van craeynest ring. It is 18K RG,right? You are the perfect person to answer my questions. :appl: I hope you don't mind. Do you think the diamond looks whiter,pops, in RG or reflects the RG and shows more tint? I love the icy white diamonds but also love RG. Would be wonderful to combine the two. Thank you in advance for your insight.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like the prongs on the first VanC ring are white metal, though, which I would prefer. I certainly think an E color diamond would be beautiful in a rose gold setting, but I would always have the head/prongs in platinum or white gold or else those rose prong tips will reflect in the stone.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with DS. If there is a way to keep the head white metal, that is my preference as well.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dont think it makes as significant a difference as everyone claims. My brother's fiancee's ring is a six-prong solitaire in 14k rose gold, with an ideal cut H color diamond, and it looks very white still. If you put it next to an ideal cut H in a white setting, yes, it looks a little more tinted. But it's not worn next to a comparison. I think on its own, the stone looks really white and does pop next to the color of the setting. So I imagine a D color would pop even more. Everyone here recommended getting platinum prongs but my brother and his fiancee are really happy they went with all RG. I'll dig up some pictures when I'm posting from my computer instead of my ipad.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Distracts, I'd love to see the photos. I suspect that the more well cut a diamond is, the less it will show the underneath, just the prong tips will possibly be reflected? Just a theory. What you wrote was my initial thought- but, I am not a connoisseur like the more experienced posters.

Diamondbug, to show your stone in its most colorless glory, I would completely defer to diamondseekers and gypsy's judgement- they know what they are talking about more than me :)

My observation and what they told me at GOG was that yes :love: the colorless stones really contrast and pop against the rose gold. I see a lot of grey in my diamond. I don't know if that is the prongs being reflected or just the contrast against the metal. I even wondered if my diamond is one of the ones that graduates to grey. I love the contrast. My rings are 18carat- really warm/yellowy rose gold, vs. the 'cooler' pinker tones of 14carat. Also, my husband thinks the diamond looks as white as can be and really pops against the metal.

Here is another photo (from GOG) that shows RG settings with all RG prongs, and another one from them with my ring, with a 'G' in the white metal prongs, and, finally, one of my most favorite rings, lokelani's- her AVC is a 'G' if I am not mistaken. Lol, I was happy for an excuse to revisit her thread:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-gog-avc-in-rose-gold-ritani.153987/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-gog-avc-in-rose-gold-ritani.153987/[/URL]

10526021_10152591552604449_6608302292578829975_n.jpg

9641_ll_van_craeynest_with_123ct_g_vvs2_avc_front.jpg

rgritaniavc2.png

rgritaniavc3.png

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
So I am more confused than ever. In the Van Craeynest set and the three rings from GOG, the diamonds looks very RG tinted but the other photos looks very white and pop. I am still looking for the V. Craeynest set thread to see if maybe it was just the lighting thats making the stone look so tinted. I love the richness rose gold but don't actually own one. I've seen it in person and love it but just too chicken to pull the trigger for a major piece of jewelry that I will wear everyday.Hubby thinks I should start with a RG stacking band to wet my toes instead of jumping in head first with a RG e-ring...... does that means he just gave me the go ahead for another ring,eh? :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results