shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday. Marty is about ½ way home now. Sweet.

Deegee, it’s funny you mentioned you like your shutters in your family room and kitchen without curtains because it looks cleaner. I was thinking the same thing in our den plus the room seems larger by the window. I noticed the same thing with our French doors once we took down those curtains. I am DYING to hear if you got your ring and pictures of it of course. We do the same thing at night shut both the door to the living room and door to the bathroom when we go to bed.

Dee Jay, that is a good point knowing whether it’s morning or not when you wake up. I never used to mind if my bedroom was that dark but we hard shades and room darkening draperies at our old house and I slept better with the room being dark. Now I am a fan. What do you want me to bring to AZ? I generally don’t take much jewelry when I travel but a few rings are certainly a possibility. I definitely will have my ering and new studs. My jewelry is small by PS standards but I like it. I assume your email is still the same? We can firm up time and place maybe early next week. I can email you my cell phone number. It sounds like the kitchen is coming along. Sweet. I got my rings in the mail today and emailed that lady back asking if it is possible to get the ring delivered to me Friday. I haven’t heard from her yet. I think last week she was off Tuesday and Wednesday, which doesn’t bode well for me getting the ring done and shipped Thursday. We will see.

I woke up early to check Marty’s flight status. He sent me some text from Dubai. Poor guy is fried from not sleeping much. Sadly he won’t get to Denver until about 10:30 tomorrow then he has to drive home.

Work was busy so the day zipped by. We got a big assorted gift basket from someone we do work for so I ate far too much junk today. It was from a bakery in NY. They sent things like marble bread, scones, cookies, shortbreads, etc.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Quickie post.. I have a long design document to read for a meeting tomorrow, and I'd better get cracking or I'm going to nod off before I'm halfway through.

When I first opened the ring box, I immediately thought the ring was too wide and was going back. And then I proceeded to wear it all day, and I LOVE it! It's too wide for my ering, but I decided I really like them together anyway. It looks overwhelming in pics, but in person it's just freaking sparkly and awesome. Hee-hee! Marcy-you were sooo right about the sparkle! It's a beautiful ring in person. I am wishing I had ordered a 6 instead of 6.25, but it might be okay. My fingers are all over the place because of arthritis and I definitely don't want it too tight.

I'm jealous of you two meeting up in AZ. I hope you have lots of fun!

A few pics:

_24360.jpg

_24361.jpg

_24362.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, your ring is gorgeous and looks fabulous with your ering. I am glad you love it. I think my ering is a little thinner than yours but I like mine together. It does sparkle like crazy, huh? You and Matt should take a trip to AZ next week.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks marcy! It sparkles so much and I can't stop looking at it. Im sitting by th fire right now and my ring is distracting me from reading the design document. A trip to AZ sounds so nice. What's the temp there? I'm freezing my keister off!

_24363.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You better not watch your ring while your driving it's too distracting. I have my fireplace on too. I'm freezing. Temps in AZ look like they are in the 70s with lows in the 40s.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday.

Marty's home. :appl: :appl: :appl: He's actually still awake but he's been eyeballing the clock.

Work seemed to last forever today. I worry what will happen next week with me being gone but oh well they will sink or swim. Our department just got a nice congratulatory email today for going an entire year without an error. I was looking at stuff from today through Tuesday and finding tons of errors. Aak. I have all these handy little reports that can find errors. Next week is a short week so MTW they will be doing all the work through the following Monday. I would ask my second in charge to do my reports but with doing his work and my work I doubt he has time. Oh well not much I can do about it and I am going to go on vacation and not worry about it. Really!

The jeweler said my platinum ring would be mailed tomorrow and I should get it Friday. My first piece of platinum. What if I love it and want to change over everything I have? :lol:

Laters,
Marcy aka Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-so glad marty is home safe & sound! Yay! I'm taking off next week too, and I swear I'm not going to worry about work at all. So do you get reports to identify errors before they become a big deal? I can't wait to see your platinum ring. I hope you like the platinum. I'm still loving my new band. I keep thinking I'm going to look at my hand and decide it is too wide, but I love it anyway. I wore gloves driving to work the last two days so I wouldn't get distracted. Plus it's cold, so it's a win-win.

We had our thanksgiving luncheon at the old office today, and our friends from India came bringing Indian food. They got to try traditional American dishes, and we got to try some really good Indian food. It was a lot of fun! Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday. Have a great day!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday!

Deegee, I am glad to hear you are taking off next week too. Are you coming to Arizona? I can pull reports that compare what we are supposed to enter to what we did enter. It can review about 75% of what we do so it really helps catch big and little mistakes. I know what you mean about thinking the band is too big; I still think it is wide compared to my ering but then I put it on and I’m fine. You can’t argue with pretty sparkly rings. Your luncheon sounds fun. Marty would have thoroughly enjoyed the Indian food.

I left work about 75 minutes early. I stopped to buy a raffle ticket for a 1966 High Country Mustang. I actually had one before we got married but sold it for a more practical car. The money goes to support a few local charities.

Then I went to a viewing. A friend of mine from college passed away this weekend. She was my older sister’s age but set out for several semesters so she was still in school when I was there. She moved here after college and we used to watch football together on weekends until I got married. She had MS and had struggled for years. Her kidneys were failing and they took her the hospital and found her full of cancer. She’s had a rough 15 or so years. Pretty sad.

Marty called me to meet him at the bar so we had a drink with his golf buddy and his wife then all 4 of us went to dinner. Marty was out the minute we got home but I am working on laundry. I need to pack tomorrow night. Aak!

My dryer is buzzing . . .

Have a great Friday!

Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Deegee, how is your new band treating you?!? And I'm so happy for you that you're off next week -- you SO deserve it! I bet the Thanksgiving event at work with all of your Indian colleagues was interesting!

Curby, has Marty recovered from his trip yet? I'm sorry to hear about your friend passing away. You've certainly had your share of funerals these past few years. What's the delivery status on your new ring?

Today the appliances came. The "built in" microwave drawer had a 1-3/4 gap at the top, despite the fact that my contractor built the cabinet opening to the EXACT specifications provided, and the refrigerator is deeper than the specs stated so the drawers in the cabinet perpendicular to the fridge, which was already spaced away from the wall an extra amount, don't open. There's also a part that you need to keep the refrigerator and freezer doors from opening more than 90 degrees, so they don't slam into the wall, cabinets, etc., and the part is nowhere to be found. Needless to say I called and had a *talk* with the sales rep. She was like, "what do you want me to do about it?" I about lost my mind. She's "going to get back to me." You best your sweet a$$ she is.

BTW, there is a weight loss thread that just started in Hangout. They are already two pages in and I don't have the heart to tell them about this forum now that they're so deep into the discussion. To be honest, the thread will probably get more participation in Hangout that here so maybe it's better anyway. Plus, since it's just the three of us, this is kind of my on-line coffee klatch!

Tomorrow I'm taking a new client to see a bunch of things. We're looking for a unicorn... which me luck!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Happy lazy Saturday!

Marcy-do you use your jewel jet on your channel band? I'm discovering the pears on my ering are impossible to clean, so I think a jewel jet is a must! My nieces are coming to stay with me next week, but you and dee*jay have a blast in AZ. I'm sorry to hear about your friend. You sure have had your fill of funerals. Do you get your ring?

Dee*Jay-nothing is ever easy, is it? I hope your latest issue gets resolved without too much fuss. I think this is why I never wanted to build or remodel...I don't have the patience to deal with the problems! I'm loving my ring. I think it's perfect in person, and in person is what matters. Did you find that unicorn?

I slept in late today and it felt so wonderful. We pulled some Christmas decorations out to see what we have and what we need to go buy. I put together a giant 5ft in diameter wreath for over the garage, and started on the tree in the foyer but ran out of steam. I usually have a "no decorating until after Thanksgiving" policy, but in recent years have found I need to do a little at a time, so starting early lets me finish up early enough to enjoy the season. Today I had a ham sandwich for lunch, and we're heading out to Home Depot for Cmas lights and to eat somewhere. I love Saturdays!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday from warm Arizona! It's nice down here.

Dee Jay, Marty is pretty jet lagged but seems to be enjoying relaxing for a change. He is in bed already but we got up at 4 am today though. I can't believe what that lady said to you about the obvious problems with your kitchen. Aargh. People sometimes! I am sure you'll be calling her back if she doesn't get back to you. I did get the platinum ring and like it. I'll attach a dark picture I took on my phone. I like platinum. Oh oh. A new trend. How was chasing unicorns today?

Deegee, I think my jewel jet gets my jewelry more clean than just soaking it. I do clean my channel set band with the jewel jet. You'll have a blast having your nieces there this week. How fun to start working on Christmas decorations. I am excited to decorate our house too. I got my ring Friday and that is the ring I wore on my trip. I am quite fond of platinum. Should I change out all of my rings? Ha ha.

Our flight was quick and painless. Marty might convince me to fly somewhere else next year. Marty's sister house is larger than ours and we have a suite at the front of her house. That will be nice. We spent most of the day at the in-laws house. Marty is hitting the range in the morning. Not much else exciting going on. I am enjoying being on vacation.

Take care.

Marcy / Curby

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1416714857.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Killer Rabbit testing out a cactus.

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1416715854.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I looked at your ering and sorry if you already do this but my suggestion on cleaning your pears is to use a soft brush to scrub them underneath. On rings I have like that I soak them about 10 minutes then scrub them underneath then soak them some more. The jewel jet will work great for that too.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-maybe I need to join that other weight loss thread. I'm eating a piece of warm pumpkin pie smothered in whipped cream, and drinking a cup of coffee laced with a healthy serving of Bailey's caramel Irish cream. Where am I going wrong in the weight loss department?

Marcy-I love your new ring! I used to have all yellow gold, then went to white gold when I replaced my original ering, and now I have a platinum ering and band and some of everything else. And your stone is a sapphire, right? Before this forum, I thought sapphires were only navy blue, garnets were deep dark red, etc. I love the variety of colors you have. My ering is a basket setting so I can get in there to clean the pears, but I think my brush is just too big and doesn't get in there well enough. I was thinking I need an itty bitty round brush. Killer rabbit looks a little uncomfortable on the cactus! The sky looks lovely and blue. Ahhh.....

Matt and I got outside to get some decorating done before it starts raining. We got the giant wreath above the garage and wreaths on the windows in the garage side of the house. I'm a boring, traditional cmas decorator. I like wreaths, red bows, garland, and all that stuff. I bought colored LED lights for the real tree this year, and now I'm anxious to go get the real tree! I only have 2 rows done on the artificial tree in the entryway, so I'll work on that tonight. Food today-bad. I had a leftover pasta meal from O'Charleys for lunch, and the aforementioned pumpkin pie and coffee. Decorating is exercise. :) Have a great day tomorrow! (Yay! Vacation!)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday!

Deegee, I need to join that weight loss thread. Ugh. It's good you have a mixture of metals in jewelry too. I like it all. Yes, my orange stone is a sapphire. I was excited when I found out how many colors sapphires come in. I used to think garnets were way too dull and dark. That was before I saw well cut garnets and all those other colors of garnets. I would say sapphires then garnets are my favorite gemstones. I bet if you buy one of those little plastic jars of jewelry cleaner they will have a little brush in there that works on the pears. I've actually used jewelry cleaner soaked Q tips on the bottoms of some gems. I bet the rabbit was not comfortable on that cactus. I am way to anal to set one of my bears on something like that. Your decorating is well underway. Please post pictures when you get finished. It sounds fabulous.

We had a lazy day. The in-laws are feeding us way too much food and liquor. I feel so bloated right now and I only ate half of the steak and potato they gave me.

I did check out how far Tiffanys is from here. Ha ha.

Take care.

Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Deegee, I considered joining the weight loss thread, but then I thought, why post my repeated failures over and over again on yet another thread... HA! :lol: I admire your decorating motivation! I'm considering the santa-saurus and the 15' tall blow up sled all the decorating I'm going to do and call it a day!

Curby, there is a really good Tiffany's in the Fashion Square Mall. Have you ever to been to that one? They have two big rooms, one for all the silver and gift stuff and some of the speciality lines (like Ghery), and then there is a separate big room with all the super duper bling. If you want, we can meet there and have brunch or lunch at one of the restaurnts in the mall rather than going to Chandler? I'll send you an email right after I post this so let me know if you don't get it.

So when the contractor went to install the range hood this morning in anticipation of the tile guy starting tomorrow he realized it's damaged. The box was held together with duct tape (???) and when he opened it the protective plastic coating was off and there are scratches on the hood, so obviously it's been taken out ofthe box. I called the appliance store and had a fit. They are bringing another one tomorrow and we are scheduled as the first stop (which could mean anything up to 9:30 with them. Whatever. There really wasn't any other alternative. I'm so over this...

And I sent out the evite for the party. A list of 150 people, which means potentially 300 if everyone came and brought a guest, but more realistically it will probably be 150-200 total or so. Ack.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday! Of course being on vacation who cares? Ha ha.

Dee Jay, holy crap another problem with your kitchen. I hope they get a non- scratched hood to you soon. Some day you will look back on all of this and laugh. We hope. Your party sounds like the social event of the season. Deegee and I will be watching for our invitations. Is it still snowing there?

Deegee, when do your nieces get here?

We went to an outlet mall today. I almost bought a $550 Armani purse today but I wanted red not orange. It was very nice leather. Marty picked up a shirt at Tommy Bahamas. I got some Clinique cleanser. Not much exciting tho. I passed on looking at the Zales or Helzburg outlet stores.

We had burgers for supper and everyone else is out around the fire pit. I best go put in an appearance.

Laters
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday.

Dee Jay and I met for lunch today and some Tiffany window shopping. I sure enjoyed it. Marty and CB put up with us talking jewelry. I have pics on my phone but they haven't shown up on my iPad yet since its on a my SIL's wifi and my phone is just using cellular data.

We didn't see a thing at Tiffanys to buy.

Marty went to Ping today to get fit for golf clubs. I bet he'll be ordering a new set of clubs before long.

I hope all of you have a very Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow!

Marcy aka Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Happy snowy Black Friday!

Dee*Jay and Marcy-Glad you had a good time at lunch and jewelry shopping. No purchases though? I was expecting great things from you two! Are you still in Arizona?

We took my nieces back home to KY yesterday. We had a great time, went to whatever restaurants they requested, went bowling and to the movies, watched a couple movies at home, played cards and Carrom (aka Flip Game). Some of my best memories of my grandmother were of Flip Game battles when we stayed with her. I pulled the Flip Game out the last time the girls were here, and they asked to play it again this time. I'm continuing the tradition! Thanksgiving was a wonderful day. Dad is feeling better and you could sure tell it. I love to see how happy he gets when we're all there. Matt's brother, his wife, and their 5 boys were visiting her mom (which is close to my parents), so we were able to visit with them for a while too. It's been over a year since we've seen them, and kids sure do change a bunch in a year. Today we're hanging around the house, NOT shopping. We were going to finish decorating outside, but it's cold and snowy. We'll wait until tomorrow. Have a great day!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday.

Deegee, yay for continuing a family holiday tradition with the card game. I was very happy to hear your dad is feeling better. That's nice you got to visit with some of Matt's family too. You had a very nice holiday. Good idea to stay in on a snowy day. I honestly didn't see anything at Tiffany's I wanted to try on. We should have drank more wine then we would have tried on everything.

We went to the PGA Superstore. Marty didn't buy new clubs but found golf shoes that fit his size 14 feet. He was excited. They had almost 8 different styles and brands. Wow!

We met some of his former employees / friends for lunch. Sat on the patio and visited for about 3 hours. It was nice.

Everyone had curry chicken for supper and I had a piece of steak. I sure ate and drank a lot this week. Ugh.

We head home tomorrow. Boo.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Safe travels, Marcy! Did you used to live in Arizona? I agree...more wine and you'd have tried lots of stuff on. Oh well, fun to shop anyway.

My arthritic fingers are achy tonight from fluffing wreaths and garland. We got the garland and lights on the bannisters and I have the rest of the wreaths ready for outside. They're big wreaths, but they look small on the tall windows. Everything in this house is so tall! We'll try to get to the farmers market for a family room tree tomorrow. I'm enjoying my time off so much. I'm already dreading going back to work!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday!

Deegee, I have always been a Wyoming girl. Did you go buy your real Christmas tree today? I bet your house is going to look fabulous. I love seeing big wreaths on houses. I hope your fingers and hands feel better today!

Our trip home was not as expected. We got to the gate to board and were called to the desk. They DOWNGRADED us from first class to economy because "they overbooked first class and we paid for the tickets with miles". We weren't happy about that at ALL!!! They gave each of us a $500 travel voucher but Marty is going to call and call and call until he gets his miles back. He was very upset. What happened was the plane was switched out and that plane had fewer first class seats. :angryfire: They could have at least put us in business class.

We got out of the airport rather quickly then exited the toll road to get on the interstate and could see traffic backed up in both directions as far as we could see. We were able to split off and head south to Denver then back tracked to a state highway to come home.

We stopped about 1/2 way home and had supper. We got home about 6 pm. I worked on laundry most of the night and this morning. My SIL uses those electronic scent devices and whatever fragrance she uses just choked me up. By Friday I was coughing so much I sounded like I had bronchitis. The one she had in our bedroom I moved it the first night to the room next to our bedroom. So anyway I wanted to wash everything because it smells like that.

We've been watching football all day and snacking. Marty is making us tacos for supper.

I've been going through the mail unpacking everything. My cleaning lady is coming this week so I need to pick up around here.

I was going to get on PS about an hour ago but decided to do something else and I see I missed at least "trying" to win one of those $1000 for posting at one of those magic numbers. Rats.

I don't think Marty is going to hang up lights outside this year but we'll see. Our new neighbors put up all white lights.

Take care
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also spent most of my day checking accounts online. We got a notice in the mail while we were gone our personal webspace and email accounts for our old internet provider is going away December 5. Initially I thought "oh I have lots of time" then I realized um no December 1st is tomorrow. Now that we have our own domain that will never happen again.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Just a quickie because I've still got a thousand things to do.

Deegee, I'm glad you had a great holiday with your family! And all those decorations -- you go girl! I bet you're exhausted.

Curby, I CANNOT believe they downgraded you guys!!! I hate the airlines with the passion of a thousand suns. Maybe more.

The CB and I have been going non-frickin'-stop since we got home. Today alone we went to two different Home Depots (and then I ended up ordering what I needed on-line anyway), Home Goods (where I bought enough stuff to finish off the book case squares, but there were three separate people wrapping my stuff and they forgot to put one of my things in the bad, Costco... where I spent $1,061 on food and prosecco... And I haven't even gotten the wine or beer yet... ACK!

OK, off to do the fifth load of laundry and finish washing the 200 wine glasses I need to unpack for my party.

Double ACK.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot to post a pic of the bookcase. A couple of things are dark and they don't show up well, but all the squares are full now!

Also, I put a couple of kitchen pics in the marble countertop thread in hangout if you want to take a peek.

I'm getting close... !

bookcase.jpg

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-your kitchen pictures are awesome. I love the colors, the marble...everything! Beautiful. And your shelves look really good too. Did you happen to pick up 8 extra items you'd like to send me for my 8-cube TV cabinet? :) 200 wine glasses? That's funny...I have 3. My house is so decked out right now, I need to have a party. I can only invite 2 people though, due to the shortage of wine glasses. We're heading to Pittsburgh for a concert next weekend. Any casual restaurant recommendations for downtown?

Marcy-I can't believe you got downgraded! I hope Marty bugs the snot out of them until they give you your miles back. And yeah, why economy? I hate flying. I'm so spoiled by my last 9 flights being on the private plane, I think I'll go crazy the next time I fly commercial. We went to the farmers market to get a tree, but didn't find one. The vendor (who happened to be the one who sold us our very first real tree) told me it had been the busiest weekend he'd ever had at the market. There were lots and lots more trees wrapped up and stacked, not pulled out and standing up yet. We'll go back later in the week to look again.

One of the kids who stayed with me last week ended up being sick, and now half of my family has a virus. Fever, nausea, headache and cough, and I have had very little to eat since Saturday night. Maybe that will jump start me losing some weight! Unfortunately my dad has it too, and mom is fretting because he's still weak from chemo. I stayed home yesterday and left work at 2 today, but ended up working from home this evening anyway. Right now I'm wrapped up in a quilt on the couch by the fire. Have a great day tomorrow.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday!

Dee Jay, your kitchen looks fabulous! Your bookcase is terrific. I don’t see a single teddy bear in a cube though. Is your party this weekend? I can’t imagine washing that many wine glasses.

Deegee, I hate to hear some of you got sick especially your dad. I hope all of you get rid of that virus soon. That’s interesting the farmer’s market sold so many Christmas trees last weekend. I see a lot of lights up on my way home. Have fun at the concert next weekend.

I am suffering from the “only 3 weeks till Christmas” panic. We are having my family here for dinner on the 21st so I am working on the menu, making plans and also need to start my Christmas cards. December arrived very quickly for me this year.

I hope all of you have a great day tomorrow.
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Deegee, you are welcome to borrow all the wine glasses you want as long as I get invited to the party too! And I'm sorry to hear your family has some sort of ick, especially with the situation your dad is in. Hopefully it will all pass quickly and everyone will be up and about. And if you need eight things to fill your cubes, I'm on it! Just tell me where to ship it to!

Curby, there actualy is a teddy bear in one of the cubes. He's from the Conrad Hilton in Singapore (which is printed on his T-shirt) and he's sitting on a pile of design magazines toward the lower right, but unfortunately you can't see him in the pic. As for three weeks 'til Christmas -- HOW DID THAT HAPPEN? I am NOT READY. Do you hear me? NOT!!!

Last night the CB and I did a bunch of things on the "honey do" list. We have a couple more to do, including going to the grocery store and liquor store and I'm trying to decide if I should do that tonight or just go straight home and work on the rest of the list and do it on Thursday. The wild card is that I need those Hawiian rolls for the ham sandwiches and if I put the grocery store trip off too long I may not be able to find them. Hmm... maybe tonight is the answer!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-nooooooo!!!! 3 weeks until Christmas? How did that happen? It always comes way too fast. I was determined to be finished getting decorations up by Nov 30 so I could sit back and enjoy, but I got sick and fizzled on inside stuff. Did Marty decide not to do the outside lights? Our neighbors hire a company to do the lights on their house and they do the low stuff themselves. The company comes back in January to remove everything, and they store the decorations offsite. We asked for an estimate, but they're super busy and didn't have time to get back with us. We'll call earlier next year...and wow, aren't we lazy? Have you met your new neighbors? I am thinking of sending my band back to WF to have it thinned some. Vera checked with Leon, and he said it could be done...just how much do I want it thinned? I'd love to get it to 3mm, but that might be asking too much! Are you still liking your platinum ring?

Dee*Jay-you're more ready for Christmas than I am! Weren't you picking up gifts right after Christmas last year? As much as I hate going shopping, I think I'm going to have to drag myself to the mall this weekend to pick out something for mom and dad. They put this ridiculous $50 limit on me...how do you buy anything for $50? I usually lie and tell them I had coupons and got a good deal on whatever I bought. Our town is having such a rash of thefts of packages from front porches right now that I decided I need to suck it up and go to the mall instead of ordering. One thief stole all of the packages from a porch, and the wreath from the front door! I think thieves would be too lazy to walk up the hill to get to my front door, but you never know.

I worked from home today. Three of us are in one office with no walls or dividers, and I figured my hacking all day would be a huge distraction to them. Plus, whatever this ick is, it is very contagious. I had a cup of tomato soup today and so far it has worked out. I really need to eat something, but I'm afraid to! I'm in my usual spot on the couch by the fire, wrapped up in a blanket. Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday Kids! :wavey:

Dee Jay, I am glad to hear there is a teddy bear in one of your cubes. I could have spared one to send you way; in fact Marty would gladly pack them all up and ship them to you. I have no idea how it happened that Christmas is 3 weeks ago. Who do we talk to about this nonsense? You sound very organized for your party this weekend. I went and looked at your kitchen pictures again. It is so awesome!

Deegee, I bet WF can trim down your ring. Do you find it too thick in general or just want it pared down to go better with your ering? Isn’t Vera great? Tell her hi for me. I really like the chunky band so I keep thinking of trying a chunkier ering but that would be a lot of ring on my finger. I do really like my platinum ring. I wore it to Arizona so I wore it that entire week. Did you order a steamer to clean your rings? Hiring someone to decorate your house is a great idea. I’d do it. How wonderful they will store your decorations as well. I have no met my neighbors yet. I should bake something and run over a plate to them.

Marty got out some Christmas decorations today. We have these 4 little reindeer we put under our entryway table. He hung up our stockings and put some snowflakes on the outside garage lights. He also hung up our new Snoopy print and a few other pictures around the house. He has to patch the holes in the walls where we had curtain rods. I am glad he is home and can get some of his honey do list done.

We went out for supper tonight and went to Hobby Lobby, Menards and Sears to look at Christmas decorations.

I made some Christmas progress tonight. I ordered the honey baked ham for dinner and sent truffles to my aunt and uncle. It looks like I only need one box of Christmas cards and stamps. Then I have to write my aunt Christmas poem. The pressure it ON!

Take care.
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results