color
clarity

Multicolour Tahitian Rope

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cmd2014|1416453273|3786962 said:
icy_jade|1416373067|3786227 said:
Yc: it looks great. Can we pls hv neck shots?

Any chance that you are referring to these?
YC said:
Another style which I was very tempted by were multicoloured Tahitian strands in the style of "Harvest" strands but with round pearls of varying sizes and colours. However, the price tag was quite impressive as well ( think cos it contains several very large Tahitians) and above my budget.
image_2498.jpg

Aaarg! I soooooo want these as a double strand! Clearly I have champagne and caviar taste! (and a canned tuna budget). :devil:

Lordy! Who owns these???? I need to stay off of this forum...as I am developing a serious case of pearl envy!

cheers--Sharon

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
I would like to know along with other pearly girls I'm sure…
" What is the price range for one of these strands" ! A ball park is fine! What are we looking at here, AAA, Gem Grade?

image_2498_0.jpg

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
YC , Your rope is a fabulous look, so colorful! Please post more styling photos. The "Tahitian Pearls Styling" thread would be a great spot also!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Frost Me|1416528465|3787626 said:
" What is the price range for one of these strands" ! A ball park is fine! What are we looking at here, AAA, Gem Grade?

image_2498_0.jpg

+1. Inquiring minds and all.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
pretty colors in your rope- enjoy wearing it!!!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Frost Me|1416528465|3787626 said:

image_2498_0.jpg

The vendor doesn't give any rating but it should be equivalent to AAA for the vendors that are more commonly seen in this forum. The pearls range from 8-14mm in these strands. If I recall correctly, each strand costs between USD 1.6-1.8k excl local sales taxes. I could be completely off tho cos there were just so many pearls.

YC, do you remember?

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Icy jade,
Unfortunately, I did not see the two strands which you posted so I do not know the price. As for grading, think there was none - guess grading does not matter that much since the customer can inspect the items personally. I may have bought them had I seen them! I was looking at ropes of this style and the ones which caught my eye cost more than what I paid for mine.

Frost Me, I think I need to refer to that thread to get more styling ideas myself. But I will post photos when I take more.

Tucs, I am relatively smallish built so maybe that is why the pearls look bigger than they are.

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the price estimate Icy Jade ... if I could get in my car and drive to get these, sigh ... in a heartbeat :)

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, IcyJade thanks for the price range.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, if anyone is willing to be my personal shopper at any of these places, give me a holler! Everyone's things are so, so pretty!!! (and I bet strands like that would be more than twice as much in North America).

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Me too, call me!!

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Having seen their prices for OTHER items, I think their prices are comparable to the major online vendors in the US. I prefer buying Tahitians from local vendors simply because returning purchases from where we are is quite troublesome and costly.

YC

Brilliant_Rock
These are photos of my friend's pearls. Aubergine/green clean drops

20141122_104544-1.jpg

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
IcyJade - I'll have to see if I'm allowed to post photos ... now that I have the 'trade' designation the rules are different so I'm not sure what I can actually post ..even when they are other people goods.

I think I have a photo of that Large Round / Smaller Round pattern..lemme take a look on the ipad and see if I can confirm your approx. price.

YC Lovely luster on those earring pearls ! Very pretty colour! :love:

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
You all raise valid points about overseas returns etc. However, when you see unique one-of-a-kinds like those 2 Large and Small Rounds ... I'd let you be my shoppers too!!!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Yc: thanks for posting photos. How will your friend be setting the drops?

katbran|1416627173|3788341 said:
IcyJade - I'll have to see if I'm allowed to post photos ... now that I have the 'trade' designation the rules are different so I'm not sure what I can actually post ..even when they are other people goods.

I think I have a photo of that Large Round / Smaller Round pattern..lemme take a look on the ipad and see if I can confirm your approx. price.

Oh I hope u can post... If not pm me on the other forum k? I'll love to see other designs. I'll post my wave strand later tonight in my thread. I really love that strand.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Will do ! You have the most stunning pearls !

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Icy jade , She is aiming for simple gold French hook earring.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
YC|1416658308|3788458 said:
Icy jade , She is aiming for simple gold French hook earring.

Do you have a regular workshop in Singapore to recommend for setting pearls? If yes can you PM me on the other forum pls?

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Icy jade, I do not know any workshop but I PMed you anyway.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
icy_jade - I would love to have one of those multi-size strands - oh my!!!

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
pkinnew|1416849857|3789594 said:
icy_jade - I would love to have one of those multi-size strands - oh my!!!
Check PP on Black Friday ... :silenced:

Kay

Ideal_Rock
YC, your new rope is gorgeous on you! I love all the colors. I bet you will have fun wearing that one in different styles.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results