Premium
JewelFreak|1414410629|3773241 said:
Nice to have GOOD news once in a while, isn't it? :appl:

--- Laurie

Absolutely! How incredibly wonderful for your friends! :appl:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ame if you see this, I'm so outraged by your obgyn. My friend in STL loves hers so if you would like me to pass on her doc's info, let me know a medium to reach out to you through.

April20

Ideal_Rock
My DH bought me a bluetooth speaker for my iPad. It's like I have surround sound in my office now! I spend all day, every day in here working and he thought I should have better sound. I had told him a while back that I really didn't need it, but now that I have it, you know what? I did!! It's amazing! I am never leaving this room again.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's that time of year again!

Time to break out the cashmere sweaters! :appl: :appl: :appl:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My sweet little kitty is going to need surgery ASAP. She started having bloody urine last weekend. I took her to the vet Tuesday. It is not a urinary tract infection (just got those results last night) so it has to be a reproductive tract thing. She is doing better with the antibiotics but the vet says she needs to have her uterus and everything out because they can hang on to infection and there may be more issues. She had major health issues that made spaying her when younger not a good idea. Now she is going to have to have surgery despite the risk of anesthesia in a 10 year old cat with asthma and a partially collapsed lung. The vet is wonderful and is doing everything she can to minimize the risks but it is still so scary.

Will find out Monday when she'll go in for surgery.

Poor DH is worried because we still have no income in the house. He's got another interview coming up this week and should have a 2nd interview following an interview at a different place last week. I don't know whether to hope he gets one of those or not. I know he would be far happier if he could finish the stuff he's working on now and sell that. Just going with it for now. He'll either get one of the jobs he's interviewing for or he won't. Until then, he's still working away on his individual project.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm really sorry to hear about your kitty's medical issues TP. It's so stressful when a pet is ill, I'll be keeping her in my thoughts and hoping for a good outcome. And also hoping things fall into place for dh soon - hugs to you and hang in there, I know all of this is tough!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww TooPatient, so sorry about your sweet kitty and I hope a full and quick recovery is in progress and that surgery goes well. Also keeping you and your family in my thoughts regarding job situation. Life is so stressful at times. Sending healing vibes and lots of PS dust your way.

Junebug, I am also thinking of you and your dear mom. I know you guys are going through a lot and you are never far from my thoughts and I hope that doesn't sound strange having never met you in person. I still care about my PS family and you are one of the dearest PSers.

(((Hugs))) to you both.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient: I'm sorry to hear about your kitty's condition - I hope the surgery goes well. Best wishes also for your husband and the decisions he's facing.

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Kerrrrist. I don't know what the f*** is wrong with me, but I think a GBCPS poster is back under her fourth screenname. I am about 90% certain and it f***ing irks me that I am, because 1. Why the f***do I notice this?! What is wrong with me?! and 2. If I say anything, it'll seem like I'm targeting this poster, something I've already been given shit for, even though, quite frankly, I DGAF about this poster either way and 3. Again, WHY THE F*** DO I NOTICE THIS? I don't even want to report it to the mods because, you know, then I'm targeting this poster and I don't want to get my arse banned. Because, you know, I'm the bad person when she can't stick to a f***ing screenname.

Woooooooooooooooooosaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trekkie|1416385875|3786301 said:
Kerrrrist. I don't know what the f*** is wrong with me, but I think a GBCPS poster is back under her fourth screenname. I am about 90% certain and it f***ing irks me that I am, because 1. Why the f***do I notice this?! What is wrong with me?! and 2. If I say anything, it'll seem like I'm targeting this poster, something I've already been given shit for, even though, quite frankly, I DGAF about this poster either way and 3. Again, WHY THE F*** DO I NOTICE THIS? I don't even want to report it to the mods because, you know, then I'm targeting this poster and I don't want to get my arse banned. Because, you know, I'm the bad person when she can't stick to a f***ing screenname.

Haha I am so oblivious to all of this. Now I am curious though... 8)

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
missy said:

I actually just came back to apologise for being so rude! I have a short temper at the moment and don't know why silly things are winding me up when normally I just hairflip and move on.

I genuinely don't know if I should report this to the mods (on what grounds?) or just live and let live. Some people find this poster annoying, but she doesn't actually bother me... Other than the multiple personality syndrome. I think what really bothers me is the fact that I always know it's her. WHYYY do I know this? I don't think I've even "spoken" to her on here, which makes it all the more baffling to me.

I should let this go, shouldn't I?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trekkie said:
missy said:

I actually just came back to apologise for being so rude! I have a short temper at the moment and don't know why silly things are winding me up when normally I just hairflip and move on.

I genuinely don't know if I should report this to the mods (on what grounds?) or just live and let live. Some people find this poster annoying, but she doesn't actually bother me... Other than the multiple personality syndrome. I think what really bothers me is the fact that I always know it's her. WHYYY do I know this? I don't think I've even "spoken" to her on here, which makes it all the more baffling to me.

I would just because life is difficult enough and who knows what this other poster is dealing with at the moment. I remember some wise words and after googling (vs just paraphrasing) here it is.
Most of us are acutely aware of our own struggles and we are preoccupied with our own problems. We sympathize with ourselves because we see our own difficulties so clearly. But Ian MacLaren noted wisely, “Let us be kind to one another, for most of us are fighting a hard battle.”

So basically I would live and let live unless this other poster is behaving badly/meanly in some way. Otherwise no biggie (in my book).

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
missy|1416394973|3786338 said:
Trekkie said:
missy said:

I would just because life is difficult enough and who knows what this other poster is dealing with at the moment. I remember some wise words and after googling (vs just paraphrasing) here it is.
Most of us are acutely aware of our own struggles and we are preoccupied with our own problems. We sympathize with ourselves because we see our own difficulties so clearly. But Ian MacLaren noted wisely, “Let us be kind to one another, for most of us are fighting a hard battle.”

So basically I would live and let live unless this other poster is behaving badly/meanly in some way. Otherwise no biggie (in my book).

I've let it go... I think at this point I find it all more perplexing than annoying, and like I said, it really doesn't bother me. So, let it go. :)

ETA: Thank you for sharing that quote with me!

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
We would never ban someone for sending us a suspicion in a report, however we do want to know if our rules are being violated by someone banned back under a new name. Please do let us know. :wavey:

Despite rumors with no proof, it actually is quite difficult to get banned by us.

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Ella|1416411208|3786445 said:
We would never ban someone for sending us a suspicion in a report, however we do want to know if our rules are being violated by someone banned back under a new name. Please do let us know. :wavey:

Despite rumors with no proof, it actually is quite difficult to get banned by us.

Hi Ella! :wavey:

This is not a banned poster, and she is generally quite harmless (if a little high strung) so I'll take Missy's advice and just let it go. :)

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Trekkie|1416412743|3786464 said:
Ella|1416411208|3786445 said:

Hi Ella! :wavey:

This is not a banned poster, and she is generally quite harmless (if a little high strung) so I'll take Missy's advice and just let it go. :)

No worries then! :))

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some people shouldn't engage in home projects. Last week I decided to paint the laundry room. Got an itch to paint the walls dijon and the cabinets and trim in gray. Easy. Riiight.

Had to patch some holes in the ceiling because I changed out the light fixtures. Cabinets needed to be sanded and cleaned with TSP. I bought a battery-powered screw gun so I wouldn't have to use a manual screw driver on the cabinet hinges. There is 84 sq. ft of cabinets in the room which required 3 coats of paint. Felt quite proud of myself for using a power tool and not drilling a hole in myself.

And then there's all the cutting in with the paint. And I painted the ceiling too. I hate painting ceilings. And the darn walls are highly textured and I had to ram the brush and the special roller into all the nooks and crannies in that darn texture.

Up and down the ladder a zillion times. Great butt workout for someone who is afraid of heights. Hard to paint at the top of a tall ladder when the room is spinning and you're gripping the rungs with your toes and one hand and hyperventilating.

I used to be able to get off the floor without hanging onto something but that, I discovered, is a thing of the past. Now I have to crawl to a surface I can use to haul myself up.

BUT, it's done. Still waiting for the new knobs and switch plates to arrive. Decided to go with copper. And, I didn't spill any paint on the floor or me like I usually do and I only got a dozen bruises and one big bump on my head. The joys of DIY.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata, that's a huge undertaking! Good for you. I recently helped friends renovate their rental property and did a lot of the painting, then painted the loft in our house (which has textured walls as well.) I was so sore afterwards!

So I don't usually post here but I'm angry about something and didn't want to start a thread about it, just wanted to unload.

This morning a deer hunter shot and wounded a deer on my parents' property. Then they left the wounded deer to languish and die caught in a barbed wire fence and hanging by one hoof. My mom heard gunshots early morning and about an hour later she said a conservation officer came to their door and let her know what had happened and apologized to her that he had to kill the deer to put it out of its misery. It really upset my mother, who is 72 years old and was worried that they wouldn't get the deer removed before my niece was due a their house later. This isn't the first time this has happened over the years. They have 60 acres and several idiot neighbors who don't think it's trespassing to hunt, shoot, and track their prey across the land, nevermind fences/property lines/natural boundaries. Last time it happened my father was outside on the tractor and could've been caught in gunfire.

I am an animal lover and animal rights advocate but living in a rural area means trying to peacefully coexist with people who try to live off the land and do their hunting thing. This type of thing angers and saddens me to the core, though. Mom said she really hopes that they were at least able to donate the deer to people who will be able to eat it this winter so that it didn't suffer and die in vain. :blackeye: I just CAN'T with people sometimes. Some of them are an embarrassment to humankind.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Time to treat yourself to a spa day, Trekkie! Or at least a mani/pedi with a glass of wine! :wink2:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Time to treat yourself to a spa day, Trekkie! Or at least a mani/pedi with a glass of wine! :wink2:

Big glass of wine for you too, Matata! Congrats on tackling this and finishing. I'm finding it harder and harder to even get started on a big project.

Monarch... I'm so sorry your mother was subjected to this, but very glad that the conservation officer was on the job. My father lives in a semi-rural area, 1-acre lots, that has a little herd of deer (six, last time I saw them) roaming the neighborhood. I worry about them during hunting season, of course, but I'm always particularly worried that some yahoo will try to shoot them while they're around houses.

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
VRBeauty|1416438667|3786760 said:

Big glass of wine for you too, Matata! Congrats on tackling this and finishing. I'm finding it harder and harder to even get started on a big project.

Monarch... I'm so sorry your mother was subjected to this, but very glad that the conservation officer was on the job. My father lives in a semi-rural area, 1-acre lots, that has a little herd of deer (six, last time I saw them) roaming the neighborhood. I worry about them during hunting season, of course, but I'm always particularly worried that some yahoo will try to shoot them while they're around houses.

LOL! Great idea, but I'm a pregnant recovering alcoholic, so no wine! :razz:

*starts email to DH demanding spa day...*

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm taking today off! I'm a teacher and taking a day off means that I have more work to do than if I go to work, hopefully today will go well. Its been such a challenging beginning of the year that I can't wait until Christmas break. Hopefully the next half of the year will be better. My plans for today include going to the movies with my daughter. We're going to see Mockingjay Part 1 and I didn't tell her officially that she was coming. I'm going to go pick her up and take her out of school :o (I know taking a kid out of school is :naughty: however she only has one B and the rest are As). I may even pull out my sewing machine and start making some Christmas presents.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember reading about this incident when it first made the news, but hearing the story, and seeing their faces, adds depth... and poignancy. And a reminder that one's heart and character trump one's grasp or the rules of grammar.

For Alvarez, the situation brought back memories from his childhood.

"My parents, when they were younger, they left me abandoned," he says. "Knowing how they are going to feel, I didn't want them to go through that."

"If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody."

http://www.npr.org/2014/11/21/36543...ampaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=2046

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
What a nice surprise it was to go to SAM's and see that all the carts had brand new seatbelt straps for the little ones.

It really doesn't take much to make this twin mama was really happy.

:dance:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trekkie|1416394256|3786334 said:
missy said:

Yes, glad you did. There is enough room in the PS universe for "us" all. :wavey:

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Yay--the Grumpy Cat Christmas movie is on this weekend! :appl: :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

iLander

Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal said:
HI:

Yay--the Grumpy Cat Christmas movie is on this weekend! :appl: :bigsmile: