shape
carat
color
clarity

10 pointer Brian Gavin bezel pendant for her 10th B-day!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know I've lost it when I get my daughter a diamond necklace for her 10th birthday. I rationalize that it is not OTT. :lol: I remember being in 4th grade when I first started wearing a necklace everyday.

I first thought of it when I was at Tiffany and saw these 3 pointers set in a silver Tiffany bezel necklace, which were reasonably priced. Then I considered the 5 pointer which was a bit more, but of course being the PSer I am, I wanted a little more sparkle. Then I wondered if BGD or WF would make these. Well, I called BGD, and they made a custom one for me. The total cost for a 10 pointer with a 15 inch jumper on an 18K white gold chain was the same as the Tiffany 5 pointer on a silver chain that would tarnish and would require maintenance. Uhhh...no brainer!!

I seriously love this little guy! It is sooooo cute!! I actually love this tiny size on ME! I love that it is just literally in pin point of bright white light on my neck, so nondescript. It's just fabulous! It is just perfect. I never thought I would love such a small diamond. But with all the bling going on around me, my studs, bracelet, e-ring, a tiny sparkle is just enough.

I hope this is a piece she can wear for a long time, that she would remember it is her first piece of real jewelry that her mom bought her.

Here are BGD's pics. I can't wait to give it to her, but it will be some months. I just got it done while I had time.

Coming with some perspective shots.

bg_bez_2.jpg

bg_bez_3.jpg

bg_bez_1.jpg

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! Perfect for a 10 year old... she is going to be blown away by it! I hope you post neck shots once you give it to her!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
on me... ;-) Some perspective shots...

How white and bright is that stone!?!

bez_neck_10_1.jpg

bez_neck_10_2.jpg

bez_neck_10_4.jpg

bez_neck_10_3.jpg

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
How sweet! She is going to be THRILLED! :love: :love: :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, I know it's only 10 points, but I have 13 pictures!! :lol:

bez_neck_10_5.jpg

bez_neck_10_6.jpg

bez_neck_10_7.jpg

bez_neck_10_8.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
last 2, I promise...

And at least this can be a forever piece, where as the silver piece will fall by the wayside, I think. I never wear my silver pieces anymore. And as she becomes an adult, she can layer it. I'm so happy with this piece. :appl: :love: :appl:

Sorry some are darker pics. I wanted to capture how bright it is even in dim lighting.

bez_neck_10_11.jpg

bez_neck_10_9.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
orbaya|1416514244|3787433 said:

Thanks orbaya! I still remember your DBTY necklace. Do you still love it, wear it everyday? I'm going to figure out what to do with 4 30 pointers I will have soon. I've seen pics of yours and I love it! It looks gorgeous on you.

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
It's beautiful. I am sure she will love it.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How pretty! Giada De Laurentiis layers her necklaces (which are similar to your daughter's) so I think it would look great with other necklaces!

lovefordiamonds

Shiny_Rock
WOW! it definitely looks bigger than 10 points and look at it SHINE! :love: :appl: Your daughter is going to LOVE it!!!!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I love it! I think you made the right choice picking BGD over Tiffany's. Very high quality and so pretty!

Seriously if I had a daughter she would be getting all kinds of jewelry gifts :cheeky: I keep asking my sons if they want a cool ring and so far zero interest.

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
My niece turned 10 recently and was so excited to be in the "double-digits". So a double-digit-diamond on a double-digit-birthday is a great way to celebrate! :dance:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh it's so pretty LLJsmom love it :love: ...your daughter is one lucky girl and you are one great mama!!! She is going to be over the moon happy when she sees this necklace. Happy birthday to her. :appl:

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty! My daughter is not allowed to see this thread.

One question - does the diamond poke into your skin?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lioness|1416520827|3787537 said:
Very pretty! My daughter is not allowed to see this thread.

One question - does the diamond poke into your skin?

Confession: I've had it on all day. Don't feel a thing. In fact, it is so light, I forget I'm wearing anything, and I have to take it off right now cause I have to pick her up from school.

And I'm a person that does not wear necklaces, ever. I want to, but am waiting on the perfect piece. :Up_to_something:

One of the things that bothers me is the feeling of something hanging from my neck. This necklace is so light, I feel absolutely nothing.

I really can't wait to give it to her, :dance: but I MUST BE STRONG!! I keep reminding myself that it will be so much more special when we celebrate her birthday while we will be in London next summer. (She's a big birthday person. She starts planning the year before, while my son, whose birthday is TODAY, doesn't even care. He just wants a new backpack because his current one is breaking, and someone spit on it recently.) OMG, kids can be so different.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone for being excited for me, (and not judging me). If I told my parents, they would have a total freak out about me buying/enabling one so young. :lol: (Bad PSer-mommy...)

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its a perfect gift! She will be thrilled to wear a real diamond! :appl:

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful bright diamond in a lovely setting! I bet your daughter will cherish it forever!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

A classic. May she long enjoy it!

cheers--Sharon

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
What a fantastic gift that she is sure to cherish.

It looks lovely!

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock
I think it's lovely and subtle. Your daughter can wear it forever - it's ageless.

I adore buying my daughter jewelry. She really cannot wear anything often because of sports, but I think it's a sentimental gift we both enjoy.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow, what a darling necklace!

I can't even imagine buying my 9yo something like this though, LOL. She loses and breaks EVERY.THING. Maybe in 10 years ;-)

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful and special necklace. The diamond is such a nice size and so white and sparkly. I think your choice of white gold is fabulous! No tarnishing... Your daughter is a lucky girl to have such a thoughtful Mommy! I know she will treasure this always. ...PS Maybe you should get mother daughter matching necklaces, since it looks great on you too! :)

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
It's so lovely and delicate! :love: What a special gift!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
She will be thrilled with her birthday gift, not just because it's jewelry but because you trust her not to lose it. She will be glad that you deem her a responsible child. It's a gift that can be worn for years to come. Good choice!

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's perfect!!! It looks beautiful on you, and this is certainly a piece that your daughter will feel very special wearing and cherish for many, many years to come. I still have the first piece of 'real' jewelry that my parents gave me - I remember the Christmas that I found it in my stocking, how very special I felt to wear it, and even now - I still enjoy wearing it! I have no doubt that your daughter will feel the same way. Congrats & I'm very excited for your daughter!

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
LLJsmom|1416514785|3787443 said:
orbaya|1416514244|3787433 said:

Thanks orbaya! I still remember your DBTY necklace. Do you still love it, wear it everyday? I'm going to figure out what to do with 4 30 pointers I will have soon. I've seen pics of yours and I love it! It looks gorgeous on you.

Thanks for the compliment on my DBTY! I do love it and where it every day - I never take it off, except to clean it. A DBTY with 30 pointers would be beautiful - and blingy! Go for it!! :devil:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a great gift!!! I forsee you buying yourself one of these in the near future ;-)

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful and I love it! I would want one for myself too. Mom/daughter matching necklaces? It's just perfect!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is awesome!! What a great idea! For DD's 15th I had Grace make bezel earrings I think they are .40 tctw. I love this idea! :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results