shape
carat
color
clarity

Cultured Pearl Association of America South Sea Trip

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Did you buy your tickets yet? Drawing Dec 1st.

Tahiti, Bora Bora and Kamoka Pearl farm.

TICKETS
1 for $10.00
3 for $25.00
15 for $100.00

Go to the CPAA for more information.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I got an email about this. Now that they have added Kamoka as a stop I am interested. Here is some info.

South Sea Adventure with Kamoka Pearls

DO YOU WONDER HOW A PEARL COMES TO BE?
EVER DREAM ABOUT THE EXOTIC LOCATIONS THEY COME FROM?

STOP WONDERING AND DREAMING. Win a trip to the French Polynesian island of Tahiti, home to the finest Tahitian black south sea pearl farms.

YES, IT’S TRUE. YOU COULD WIN A CHANCE-OF-A-LIFETIME TRIP TO TAHITI FOR ONLY $10.
The Cultured Pearl Association announces its second annual fund raising event, with proceeds from ticket sales directly benefiting the association’s initiatives promoting awareness and education of cultured pearls.

“Win a French Polynesian Adventure with Kamoka Pearls”

Win an all-expense paid trip to the famous Kamoka Pearl farm courtesy of the CPAA and Kamoka Pearls.

Kamoka pearl farm is located on the atoll of Ahe, a ring of coral that juts a few feet above sea level and encircles a 75-square-mile lagoon. Ahe is located 300 miles north east of Tahiti in the Tuamotu Archipelago. The kindness of the people and the surreal nature of the sea, land and sky make Ahe the essence of a tropical paradise.

The Humbert family sailed to Ahe in the early 1970's on a homemade, ferro-cement hull sailboat. We immediately fell in with the islanders who offered us a beautiful sandy islet where we could settle down and build a palm-leaf house. Loic, the eldest son (who was five years old) went to the only elementary school on the island but Josh was only two and too young for school and thus he started a lifelong love affair with the ocean and its inhabitants.

Patrick, the dad and Kamoka's founder, fished with the locals and converted the center of the sailboat into a freezer that could transfer Ahe's fresh fish to the market in Tahiti. All was not well in paradise forever; eventually the sailboat saw its tragic end on a reef and the family split up soon after. Patrick settled in Tahiti (where Josh and Loic continued to spend their summers) and both young boys returned to California with their mother, Diana around the time Josh started kindergarten.

But the family always kept a connection to Ahe. In 1991 Patrick and Loic returned and founded Kamoka Pearl. Patrick has always been a man of the sea; his keen understanding of it told him great things could come from the nutrient-rich water near the mouth of Ahe's lagoon. Josh joined the project a year after its founding as Loic returned to the US. At this point Josh was halfway through his marine biology university studies but he decided to quit school when he realized that he could learn what he wanted firsthand in the South Pacific next to his father.

Soon after settling in Ahe, Josh became friends with an experienced Japanese grafting technician and learned the building blocks of the trade. A desire to produce beautiful pearls was born and he embarked on a life-long voyage of research and experimentation. It wasn't long until other grafters were trying to learn his secrets as Kamoka's pearls rivaled the industry's best.\

In 1995 Josh's long-time girlfriend Celeste moved to the farm. They built a one-room house using a similar ferro cement construction the Humberts had used to build their sailboat in the 1970s. Soon they had two children who grew up on Ahe’s clean air, fish and coconuts.

In 2002 Patrick sold the farm to Josh and moved to New Zealand. Josh and Celeste ran the farm for several years until Ahe’s call became too strong for Patrick and he moved back - he’s now in charge of the day to day operations again. Meanwhile Josh, Celeste, the kids moved to Portland, Oregon for the kid’s education and to work on establishing a retail arm worthy of Kamoka’s history, high quality standards and dedication to eco and socio sustainability.

Airfare made possible by our generous sponsor Air Tahiti Nui

Winning ticket will be drawn December 1, 2014. View complete rules and legal mumbo jumbo.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yeah, I have mine!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
The Kamoka segment is worth buying the tickets for.

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Now wouldn't it be great if they worked with a travel agent and offered the non-winners a chance to buy the trip, similar to the trips the Pearl Girls take?

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
CRDKeshi|1416418740|3786535 said:
Now wouldn't it be great if they worked with a travel agent and offered the non-winners a chance to buy the trip, similar to the trips the Pearl Girls take?

those "pearl girls" trips always look like so much fun. Hmmmm... maybe we should start another group of "Pearl Girls" and do our own trips!!!!!!! :dance:

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Where do y'all see the itinerary? I just see airfare and seven nights stay in Tahiti. Maybe the Kamoka visit is just a day trip?

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
NacreLover|1416643476|3788396 said:
http://cpaa.myshopify.com/pages/rules-and-legal

Yes, I read all that. No itinerary, just says airfare and seven nights. It's mostly about taxes and liability. Oh well, I'm not planning to win, anyway. :lol:

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
The winner's name has been posted ... it's not me. Since it's her real name, I won't post it here.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Since I didn't hear from the CPAA the last two days, I figured it wasn't me either.

Congratulations to the winner!

Now, off to plan another winter vacation for myself...

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Where is the name posted, I can't find it?

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
The 2016 South Sea Adventure has been announced.
SOUTH SEA ADVENTURE TO BALI!

DO YOU WONDER HOW A PEARL COMES TO BE?

EVER DREAM ABOUT THE EXOTIC LOCATIONS THEY COME FROM?
STOP WONDERING AND DREAMING. WIN A TRIP TO BALI! LUXURIATE IN PRISTINE WATERS, SILKY SOFT SAND, TRANQUIL DAYS AND NIGHTS. NURTURE YOUR MIND, BODY AND SPIRIT.
YES, IT’S TRUE. YOU COULD WIN A CHANCE-OF-A-LIFETIME TRIP TO BALI FOR ONLY $10.
The Cultured Pearl Association announces its fourth annual fund raising event, with proceeds from ticket sales directly benefiting the association’s initiatives promoting awareness and education of cultured pearls.

“WIN A PEARL ODYSSEY TO BALI FOR TWO”

This is a chance to win the trip of a lifetime to visit one of the glorious islands of the Indonesian Archipelago.
Atlas Pearls operates five pearl farms across the South Seas, in some of the world's most stunning locations.
You and a guest will have the opportunity to experience the tranquility and beauty of this region and learn more about "nature's most precious gift", the Atlas South Sea Pearl.

cpaa.org to buy tickets, same prices as last year.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Last years winner will be heading on her trip soon. Can't wait for the photos.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results