shape
carat
color
clarity

kirk kara e-ring

nverlast1

Rough_Rock
I know I will get bashed for this but I needed to ask. Me and my girlfriend were looking at a Kirk Kara ring that she lovesssssssssssss for a e-ring. That ring whoever is not in my budget for rings including a diamond. I was wondering did anyone know any jewelers who could make something very similar to the ring. Would also be nice if the jeweler was in the charlotte NC area.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You won't get bashed. People make replicas on here all the time. Can we see the inspiration ring and can you name your budget?

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Niel said:
You won't get bashed. People make replicas on here all the time. Can we see the inspiration ring and can you name your budget?

+1. Theres no bashing here, just love of all things blingy. :D

napatastic

Rough_Rock
Nverlast1, there is no way that you will get bashed on this site. There are so many people here from all over the world with tastes in jewelry (and diamonds) that land all over the spectrum! My take on this community from having lurked for a long while is that everyone here is united around the central goal of helping other people understand diamonds and how to get the best piece for the money that fits what that person wants, not what fits the other PS'ers idea of what is perfect. So they are always asking, "what is important to you/your SO?" "what does SHE like?" not, "you should buy this because thats what I like" and then the second half of the common goal is getting to see pictures, lots and lots of pictures of sparklies :love:

I think if you give everyone some more info about exactly what you are looking for and trying to achieve and your budget you will find that your project is going to get a WHOLE lot easier. The men and women on this site can make some truly incredible things happen on any kind of budget and from any type of inspiration. But you have to remember to promise to come back with pictures when the ring is finished!! :D

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring! I think based on approved PS vendors and budget, you might try Mark or Chris at Brilliantly Engaged or David Klass... BE is in NYC, and David is in LA... you will find many of us ship our rings confidently to these vendors- some from across the globe! There are some other great vendors, but I think they will be out of your budget... try the ones I mentioned and at least get a quote, you can then get a feel for who you might be interested in working with.

Good Luck!!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I genuinely think that seems doable. You may not even need to go custom. I feelike I've seen some Gabriel settings that look like that.

I'll be back!

dawnxcui

Shiny_Rock
DEFINITELY doable with a custom vendor.
now it just depends on how much you want to spend on it. depending on your budget for the setting, you will get directed to different vendors.

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
You might try creating a new thread asking some of the PS gurus around here (DS, Gypsy, Yssie, etc.) to help you locate a stone first, then you can focus on the setting...this way you will know what you have left in your budget and modify accordingly! HTH!

Looks like Niel is already on the case to help you find something ready made- which would be awesome!!

It can be a very helpful community! Good luck!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Custom, even if CAD/cast will cost at least $3K for this design. I would try to find a ready-made standard that is closest to the Kirk Kara setting first.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
nverlast1|1416515550|3787456 said:
https://bridal.gabrielny.com/product/ER8813W44JJ

yall are amazing I dont know if you get paid but you should lol. I think I found the ring!!!!
Awesome I love that ring. I wasn't sure with the split shank how you would feel, but I think its just lovely.

Now to find the stone!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you okay that it's a split shank (not a single shank ring)?

emmebee

Shiny_Rock
Wow, great find!!

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
nverlast1|1416515550|3787456 said:
https://bridal.gabrielny.com/product/ER8813W44JJ

yall are amazing I dont know if you get paid but you should lol. I think I found the ring!!!!

Great choice. I love the split shank.

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Yay, Niel!! :appl:

nverlast1

Rough_Rock
yes thanks now I jut need to find a diamond!!!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring. :) Try Stuller.com, the 3C section. Some beautiful settings you might like. All the best.

Judy

ETA: Try looking at Stuller.com for ideas. The settings aren't the greatest but a lot of vendors use them. If anything, you can get some ideas.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
nverlast1|1416526681|3787613 said:
yes thanks now I jut need to find a diamond!!!

who do you plan on getting the setting though? do you have to geth them all together, or do you have a local jeweler that could do it with an outside stone?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would be very careful to get a stone that is going to fit that setting well, because they probably make it in standard head sizes. That is much trickier with a pear than a round. I think it is possible that Diamonds Direct could get the setting for you if you want to buy local, because they apparently carry Gabriel and Co's fashion jewelry. Is that where you saw the Kirk Kara?

nverlast1

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1416551498|3787793 said:
I would be very careful to get a stone that is going to fit that setting well, because they probably make it in standard head sizes. That is much trickier with a pear than a round. I think it is possible that Diamonds Direct could get the setting for you if you want to buy local, because they apparently carry Gabriel and Co's fashion jewelry. Is that where you saw the Kirk Kara?

YES THATS WHERE i SAW IT

nverlast1

Rough_Rock
Im still doing research on pear diamond but is how important is clarity and cut on a pear? does better cut make it bling more like a princess?

ddbann

Rough_Rock
I am having this EXACT ring made by a jeweler in Chicago...I just went there today and should have the wax mold in about a week. Did you get your fiancé the ring? (I already have the pear stone). They are going to make ring around the size of my stone (just under 2 carats)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ddbann|1429133858|3862516 said:
I am having this EXACT ring made by a jeweler in Chicago...I just went there today and should have the wax mold in about a week. Did you get your fiancé the ring? (I already have the pear stone). They are going to make ring around the size of my stone (just under 2 carats)

I am sorry we didn't see how his ring turned out. Please show us yours when it is done. We have found it difficult to find excellent local ring makers and it is always good to know if there is a good one in a specific city.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results