Winding up 2014....Wishing for 2015

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Preg - that jadeite is seriously yummy!

Don't mind me... it's just my prediliction for gorgeous cabs :mrgreen:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
SparkliesLuver|1415280953|3778504 said:
I'm still in the process of trying to make a purchase - my unicorn 10x10mm blue-green stone. ;-) I've attached a couple color inspiration photos. If I'm able to find it before the end of the year, I'll have to wait until late 2015 to get it set.
Is it sad that I know where the Lagoon tourmaline is from (Nomad)? I spend way too much time on CS!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I got my wedding ring this year, but I never got around to making my engagement ring. Perhaps in 2015. I did finally put a picture of my wedding set as my profile picture (just 7 months late).

I also got a nice cuprian (ok, included and windowed but sweet, sweet colour) and set in a simple rose gold bezel on unplated white gold. My last personal purchase was a pair of preloved oval diamond studs. I love them - but I see a dangling reset in the future :)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1415507125|3779987 said:
Now I have to ask...can someone post a link to Sharon's prehnite jewelry?

I have a link to the ring...however the earrings are by Pomellato and I don't know if there is a picture somewhere here in CS cyberspace...

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/thinking-about-a-cab-show-me-yours.134639/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/thinking-about-a-cab-show-me-yours.134639/[/URL]

Better side pictures in this thread.....but no earrings. Velano collection by Pomellato.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/just-picked-up-along-the-way.91429/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/just-picked-up-along-the-way.91429/[/URL]

cheers--Sharon

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon's prehnite cab:

_23960.jpg

InToTheMystic

Shiny_Rock
My 1.8ct demantoid garnet is at the jewellers right now getting set. Eek, so excited!

It will be in a setting similar to this Julia B inspiration pic, however only the inner bezel will be rose gold with the rest in white gold. I'll be doing a slightly thicker shank too as thin bands get lost on my stubby fingers. I'm undecided on the milgrain, but leaning towards keeping it. This will be my first halo ring :drool:

My 7.2ct pear zircon (in my profile pic) is also with the jeweller, and I'm waiting to see his first sketch of the design. We're going to do a pearl enhancer/pendant, with a sort of art deco influenced diamond bale using a mixture of baguettes and rounds - kind of like the below picture but more of a kite shape so it can fit in between pearls. The zircon will be bezelled, not haloed, but tapering so that it is thin on the top and thicker towards the bottom of the pear.

I'm playing around with ideas for setting my star ruby/pink sapphire cabs but will post that up when I have a bit more of a picture.

il_570xn_679608181_ja59.jpg

imagesn0wohzs4.jpg

_23977.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those both sound amazing ITM! I love art deco anything and demantoid and rose gold. I will be quite excited to see the finished products.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, my head is pounding so I'm going to cheat and not look for individual pictures since I know where this picture is. The loose stones were purchased this year-the asscher chrysoberyl and asscher spinel, round tourmaline and ec chryso. The round/baguette band was also purchased this year.

Next year I hope to reset the oval opal pendant-I love the setting it's in, and it was made for me by a PSer, but it's quite "eye catching" and I think I need something smaller. I also hope to set the asschers, and either sell the ec and round tourm or set them.

And I have an idea for a fun diamond band, but that might end up waiting.

img_6010.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Received the pink tourmaline cabochon today, and kicked myself for not realising the listing was for one stone only and not a pair as shown in the pic. Thought I bagged a bargain, however, it was not the case, nevermind.

I like the colour and shape, however, not sure if it is worth the total price for another single stone as I would have to pay a hefty import handling and custom charges that is worth nearly half the price of the stone!

DK :rolleyes:

SeeingSunshine

Rough_Rock
2014: I bought my first loose CS, a tiny andalusite.

2015: My SO and I plan on making our engagement official, so in a few months I'll have my very own AVR to share. Hopefully I'll also be adding a few more colored stones to my collection and setting the andalusite.

img_1745.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The latest acquisitions and should be it for this year, all from Jeff Davies:

jdamethyst.jpg
jdcitrine.jpg
jdgarnet.jpg
jd8mmbluetopazps1009.jpg
jdskybluetopazps0531.jpg

I would like to add one of these Paraiba Tourmaline cabochons to the wish list for 2015, in addition to the round Danburite and blue trillion Zircon:

paraibatourmaline-3870-image.jpg
paraibatourmaline02.jpg

DK :))

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1416099890|3784404 said:
The latest acquisitions and should be it for this year, all from Jeff Davies:

jdamethyst.jpg
jdcitrine.jpg
jdgarnet.jpg
jd8mmbluetopazps1009.jpg
jdskybluetopazps0531.jpg

I would like to add one of these Paraiba Tourmaline cabochons to the wish list for 2015, in addition to the round Danburite and blue trillion Zircon:

paraibatourmaline-3870-image.jpg
paraibatourmaline02.jpg

Ab! I love it that you have a Paraiba cab on your 2015 wishlist as well :lickout:
Us banned people will live vicariouy trough you. And we will be Paraiba sisters!!!

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Lady_Disdain|1415539530|3780072 said:
I got my wedding ring this year, but I never got around to making my engagement ring. Perhaps in 2015. I did finally put a picture of my wedding set as my profile picture (just 7 months late).
Happy to see that set in your avatar Lady_D - it looks just lovely and gives you the option of some bling when you want it but not wearing the diamonds when they might get damaged.

You could of course start thinking about making your engagement ring for your first anniversary... just sayin' :naughty:

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well 2014 has been a pretty good one for me...

1. I got my 3x Honey Zircons set into a ring.

2. I also purchased two 4mm Birlliant cut Zircons (From NT, Australia). One is soft champagne pink, other warm white. No pics sorry! Planning to make a delicate rose gold bypass ring with them.

3. Getting my parti-sapphire reset. I was unhappy with the sidestones - constantly looked filthy and detracted from the main stone so I'm having it redone as a sleek modern solitaire. Will be ready at Christmas.

4. Just purchased these two babies from Gem Hunters. I've been eyeing them off for better part of the year, finally pulled the trigger today.
Chrysoberyl: https://gemhunters.com.au/product/chrysoberyl/

Apatite: https://gemhunters.com.au/product/10mm-faceted-blue-apatite-gem/

Both were chosen for their vivid colour - looking forward to seeing them glow in the sun!

EDIT: Apologies for massive pictures... :shock:

_24318.jpg

sapphirering_7.jpg

_24319.jpg

lu18-chrysoberyl-cut-gem-for-sale-3.jpg

MrsCornishWed

Shiny_Rock
So 2014 was my first year on PS and my first discovery of CS. Totally in love and spend most days lurking on the threads and spending lots of money in my head. Small purchase ' s to start Me off. Though I'm totally smitten with my tourm which will definitely be set in 2015.

Bad photos but ya'll know I'm still a baby here and I'm poorly so you have to be nice and humour me ;))

My teeny tiny diamond and sweet little tanzanite half eternity my husband gifted me in the spring. I really love the violet blue. Spend my days worrying about it though and know that once they crack ill have them replaced with sapphires.
My Afghan tourmaline from Brad ..a pretty blue spinel from loupetroop - considered selling it as when I bought it I thought I was purely on the hunt for a ring stone and as it didn't quite fit what I wanted decided to move on. However it's staying and I've a lovely two gold bezel pendant design being sorted with my jeweller hehe)

20141118_201154.jpg

20141118_201136.jpg

MrsCornishWed

Shiny_Rock
Oh and aside from setting these.. I'm after a violet blue sapphire and I'd really like to play with a chrysoberyl and an emerald at some point :)

I'm also after a little opal to remember my little bean.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More eye candies, thank you!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1415295398|3778645 said:
In 2014 I discovered colored stones due to PS! I have been on a roll and have two projects coming up. After that I will be so banned for 2014!

Soo... Two projects have now morphed into three :razz:
I have added a green cab Paraiba to the party. Dear fellow PSers are helping me in deciding how to set it. There are so many great options.
And... I might also add something green/blue along the way. Yay!

_24353.jpg

katharath

Ideal_Rock
I love seeing threads like this one at the end of the year, so many gorgeous projects and gems!

I really intended this year to be a "setting year" - but I totally failed!! I've sold a ton of stuff out of my collection, but I've bought too :). I think I've narrowed it down to a few projects that I really want to set next year.

This year I did set my first three stone ring, a mahenge center with mint sides in 14k RG. I completed a suite of three Barry cut lavender/periwinkle spinels that took me a good 2 years to finish - I bought each gem separately and even though they're not 100% color matched, it's definitely close enough for me! I bought my first larger "nice" gems - (as opposed to large cheapy gems which I've owned plenty of,lol) - a 2.12 ct mint that has the best coloring I've personally seen in a mint, and a 1.95 carat mahenge. Oh and I also got some Barry moonstones and a teeny pair of cobalt blue spinel. So, pics coming up...

_24398.jpg

_24399.jpg

_24400.jpg

_24401.jpg

katharath

Ideal_Rock
I bought a 7 mm round pair of moonstones from Barry and a 3+ ct oval, but I think I just have a pic of the pair. I also got a pair of unheated lavender sapphires from Dana this year, very pretty little things! And here's a pic of my cobalt spinels with some mint melee I got this year too. I think that's about it... But I have a lot planned for next year bc now I need to set everything.

_24404.jpg

_24405.jpg

_24406.jpg

_24407.jpg

TrakHack

Rough_Rock
katharath|1416431996|3786716 said:
This year I did set my first three stone ring, a mahenge center with mint sides in 14k RG.

I *love* the three stone ring! Who did the setting for you?

I joined PS just a couple months ago to research diamonds for an engagement ring that ended up not being needed. What is a girl to do who has obsessed and learned about stones for a few months and has money saved that won't be spent on a wedding? Get started on a colored gems collection!

Spinels are well-suited for what I want, and while I didn't find the perfect light pink or light blue stones, I did find two grey stones I like quite a bit.

My first project is an OEC grey spinel, 1.26ct, 6.9mm, in a Julia B setting (the second pic shows the setting with a lavender OEC):

oec_grey_spinel.jpg
julia_b_daisy_ring.jpg

The production time on the first ring could go into January, and I'm a bit impatient, so I also got a Barion oval grey spinel, 1.98ct, 8.2mm x 6.5mm, from Dana which is at Sholdt right now being set in a white gold semi-bezel ring:

barion_grey_spinel.jpg
sholdt_r379-1jpg.jpg

This is my first time posting pics, I'm not sure why the first two are larger than the second two...

Plans for 2015 include learning more and attending some gem shows if possible. There is a five stone setting at Love Affair Diamonds that I really do love, and if I could get five matched light blue or light pink spinels I would definitely have to do that project.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
TrakHack - thanks for the compliment! The setting was by Yvonne Raley, and the gems were sourced through her as well. It took me about 8 months to find the gems and then have them set, but I love this ring! Worth the wait :)

Your spinel is gorgeous, and I love that particular Julia B setting!!

InToTheMystic

Shiny_Rock
I managed to pop in to my jeweller today to see the progress on my demantoid ring. The diamonds for the halo have arrived, and I'm very pleased with the proportions. I wanted them quite small and delicate so they didn't compete with the garnet. It's fascinating to watch the raw metal coming together as well. Here's the white gold of the halo base and the rose gold of the bezel cut out. They'll be a lot more delicate and milgrained on the final version.

Here's a pic (albeit of ghastly quality, snapped quickly with my phone) that shows the separate pieces. I must say that sticking stones in blu-tak does not show them off to optimum quality though...

Just for fun, I also got to have a play with these two lovelies while I was there - a couple of ~4ct Colombian emeralds, cedar oiled only. They were NOT cheap, but wow they glowed. The blurry photos make them look horrendous, but I can see why people fall in love with them. Absolutely delicious.

20141122_123737_dem.jpg

_24467.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't mind if I drool at the emeralds please, thanks for sharing! :love:

InToTheMystic

Shiny_Rock
Oh yes, I was the same. The little devil on the shoulder immediately started trying to explain to me why a 4ct emerald really SHOULD feature prominently on the Maslow hierarchy of needs (slightly ahead of food or shelter), but my hubby was giving me The Look so I let them go back in to the vault :((

JewelPhenom

Rough_Rock
With all of the emerald talk I should ask opinions about one I am considering.
I'll try to post tomorrow but stats are a 3 carat, glowing, Zambian, no heat, no enhancement, virtually flawless emerald.
I took pics but they don't do it justice.

MrsCornishWed

Shiny_Rock
Okay so I did say I was done for 2014.

But I accidentally just bought this: am pleased, adore the colour, it's untreated (certified) and is an ideal size for me. Made Jeff an offer and I'd pay double for the same stone here in the UK so feeling quite like a bargain. 1.45ct.

screenshot_2014-11-27-07-58-45.png

screenshot_2014-11-27-07-58-48.png

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Updating my list a bit:

2014:

1. 7 stone hot pink spinel and diamond
2. Jeff White pink spinel asscher three stone
3. Red spinel step cut 5 stone
4. Emerald split shank pave ring
5. Blue topaz oval with traps
6. Lavender sapphire in a halo