shape
carat
color
clarity

Do friends or family ask to try on your e-ring?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, never. They don't ask to try on my clothes or shoes or handbag, either. Just thinking about someone asking to try on my rings makes me uncomfortable. Maybe I'm a stick in the mud or just weird, but I think it's very rude (no matter how well you know someone) to ask to try on someone's personal belongings.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lil Misfit|1416269441|3785446 said:
Not anymore. I had a friend try mine on while we were sitting at an outdoor cafe once and she proceeded to shake her hand to see if it was too big and fly off of her finger! :-o Luckily, it didn't, and I gave her a stern talking it, but I've never let anyone try it on since. I mean, seriously, who does that? We were outside, on the sidewalk. It could have flown anywhere!!!! I have never been so pissed. :angryfire:

Oh, and we're not really "friends" anymore, either.

Misfit, Your post above almost gave me a heart attack!

Maybe I should be more concerned but in all honestly no one I know loves jewelery like I do with the exception of my niece. I am usually just flattered that anyone would even notice. I have never had a stranger ask to try one of my rings on.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Yes, people have asked to try on my e-ring and other rings and I let them.

Sometimes my twin sister will borrow my stuff for a week or a special event. Once I lent her my e-ring all day and she was freaked out b/c it wasn't insured specifically (though it was under my umbrella policy).

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On the rare occasion I wear mine to work, one of the young girls always asks to try it on. I let her , knowing that it's her dream ring some day.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I once read that Elizabeth Taylor would always happily let people try on the Krupp diamond. What a dame!
A coworker once asked to try on my 12.5 mmTahitian pearl ring. She then pulled it off BY THE PEARL. I was mortified!

Harst035

Rough_Rock
lyra|1416262945|3785383 said:
Never, ever. If a friend of family member did ask, of course I would let them though. I have no qualms about it, and it means nothing bad to me. I have often cleaned other people's rings for them though. Maybe that's rude of me? No one ever turns me down. My MIL used to almost expect it. Sadly, we moved across the country, so I am no longer her jewelry handler. :((

Haha, I always always always clean my best friend's ring for her :)

I've tried her ring on quite often and ever since I got engaged she does mine— we both have round brilliant solitaires but in different settings (cathedral/yellow gold vs plain four prong/white gold) so I said we don't have to worry about upgrading or ever getting bored with our ring- we just trade for a little while lol

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Happy to share with family and coworkers. My darling daughter (20) likes to slip it on and admire it from time to time. Her fingers are gorgeous, she could be a hand model. Then I slip it back on to my wrinkly claws and sigh :) I like when my finance tries it on his pinky...usually at dinner. I'm weird, I like to admire it on other people's hands.

Strangers would not be welcome.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
moneymeister|1416399571|3786353 said:
Happy to share with family and coworkers. My darling daughter (20) likes to slip it on and admire it from time to time. Her fingers are gorgeous, she could be a hand model. Then I slip it back on to my wrinkly claws and sigh :) I like when my finance tries it on his pinky...usually at dinner. I'm weird, I like to admire it on other people's hands.

Strangers would not be welcome.

I know exactly how you feel Moneymeiser. After seeing my ring on my niece's hand it was pretty depressing. How I wish I still had young looking hands.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results