shape
carat
color
clarity

Multicolour Tahitian Rope

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone,
I recently bought a new strand of Tahitians at a local jewellery fair. I had been thinking of getting a multicoloured strand for quite a while and as luck should have it, they ( or at least this vendor) carrried quite a variety of multicoloured strands this year. It was between this one which I bought or a light-medium colourful pastel but it was not a difficult decision in the end :angel:
It is 9-10mm round/off-round and I am very excited about it.
Some photos....

20141118_171148-1.jpg

20141117_180216-1.jpg

YC

Brilliant_Rock
some closeups

20141117_180047-1.jpg

20141118_171807-1.jpg

YC

Brilliant_Rock

20141118_171846-1.jpg

20141118_172000-1.jpg

YC

Brilliant_Rock
this is the last set of photos.... for the moment...... :naughty:

20141118_172034-1.jpg

20141117_180309-1.jpg

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations, YC ...that's a lovely array of colors :)

YC

Brilliant_Rock
This is how the strand looks on the table next to the computer ...

20141119_101621.jpg

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Another style which I was very tempted by were multicoloured Tahitian strands in the style of "Harvest" strands but with round pearls of varying sizes and colours. However, the price tag was quite impressive as well ( think cos it contains several very large Tahitians) and above my budget.

Thank you CRDkeshi ! Multicoloured strands are great cos there are so many colours to look at :)

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
Very nice YC, it's great that you bought a rope instead of just a strand. I have an 18" multicolor and I find myself wishing for a longer strand so I can actually see the pearls when I look down. I also like the harvest strand so I decided to lengthen my 18" multi into a 35", I have all I need to do that I think but just needs time to sit down, plan, and then start knotting.

I would still love to own a 20" and a 35" though in the future.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Yc: it looks great. Can we pls hv neck shots?

Any chance that you are referring to these?
YC said:
Another style which I was very tempted by were multicoloured Tahitian strands in the style of "Harvest" strands but with round pearls of varying sizes and colours. However, the price tag was quite impressive as well ( think cos it contains several very large Tahitians) and above my budget.
image_2498.jpg

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Those are beautiful pearls, YC.

Um, can I ask about that clasp? It looks like an Honora "rocker" clasp ... I've seen Tahitian strands from Honora at small jewelry stores. I'm just curious, as it's an unusual clasp.

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Strand worn long

20141119_155132.jpg

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Worn as two different lengths

20141119_155440.jpg

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Bailey, this is my first long strand too. And I like the length a lot. My favourite way of wearing is to wear it hanging as a long strand and being multicolored, it goes well with many colours. And since yours is a multicolored strand, it may be less difficult to match the colours should you wish to extend it.

Icy Jade, your photo is what I was talking about. Are these your purchase from last year? Great colours and how big is the largest pearl?

Ennui, the clasp is a freebie silver clasp they gave foc. I am not very particular about clasps so this one does the job very well. It is very secure and easy to open.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Oh no these are not mine. Took a photo as they caught my eye. I bought a "wave" strand this year.

YC

Brilliant_Rock
icy_jade|1416392797|3786326 said:
Oh no these are not mine. Took a photo as they caught my eye. I bought a "wave" strand this year.

What is a "wave" strand and more importantly, where are the photos? :naughty:
From Golay as well?
Did you bring your photography equipment with you to the fair? My attempts to capture the colours of the strand at the fair using my hp alone were miserable.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
That's a lovely rope ! And the clasp looks like one of the Japanese style clasps with the pin that pushes into the body..with a little button to release it?

IcyJade, I've seen those strands and was very tempted...kicked myself later for not moving on them. For some reason I was fixated on a different pattern and didn't appreciate them until later when I looked back over my photos. Then I thought..you fool...!
I'm a big fan of the wave pattern as well.

The wave is when the rope contains graduated pearls that go from small to large and down to small...back to large...down to small ... over and over. so you get a wave in the size of the pearls that repeats through the rope. A bit like what would happen if you fastened 6 very short graduated strands all together. lol Maybe a photo is needed .

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!!!!

I recently converted two strands of my tahitians into one 36" necklace and am enjoying it more than when they were two strands.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Yc: yes from Golay as well. I don't have the strand yet as I was waiting for the orbit clasp from pp to arrive before passing to Mr P for stringing. Photos... I'm compiling photos for a thread on my new stuff. I will post loads of photos when I get my strand. :cheeky:
Did you get anything else this year? I also bought some loose pearls and did some shopping for a fellow pearl sister on this forum.

Katbran: I wasnt a fan until I tried it on my neck and fell in love. :love:
Would love to hear about other patterns that you saw. Pls post pics if you have any!

Diadiva: so good to see you on the forum! I love your neckful of pearls avatar photo. :wavey:

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty YC. I hope you enjoy your new rope.

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
YC, your long rope looks fantastic on ... congratulations again!

Icy Jade ... I WANT those 2 large & small strands ... how perfect are they ??? Love those; thanks for showing them :)

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
YC - Fantastic pearl strand! Wear them in the best of health!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
I love multicolour Tahitians :love: . Your rope is dreamy! Enjoy!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous strand, YC!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
It looks absolutely beautiful on you. I especially love it long.

Congratulation and enjoy in the best of health!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
icy_jade|1416373067|3786227 said:
Yc: it looks great. Can we pls hv neck shots?

Any chance that you are referring to these?
YC said:
image_2498.jpg

Aaarg! I soooooo want these as a double strand! Clearly I have champagne and caviar taste! (and a canned tuna budget). :devil:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YC|1416362894|3786141 said:
Hi everyone,
I recently bought a new strand of Tahitians at a local jewellery fair. I had been thinking of getting a multicoloured strand for quite a while and as luck should have it, they ( or at least this vendor) carrried quite a variety of multicoloured strands this year. It was between this one which I bought or a light-medium colourful pastel but it was not a difficult decision in the end :angel:
It is 9-10mm round/off-round and I am very excited about it.
Some photos....

These are stunning YC! I wish I lived in your neck of the woods!!! It must be so cool to go to the fairs!

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you CMD, bsomio, sea urchin, confection 10, pkinnew, nacrelover, CRDkeshi, dia diva, katbran.

The clasp sound like what katbran described. Great for people like me whose finger coordination is not the best.

Diadiva, after I finally have a long stand to play with, I agree that a long strand is more versatile. Now, my next project is to extend some of my short strands. Are we able to see the long T strand you mentioned? I (and I am sure Ispeak for many others) love to look at other people's pearls. :cheeky:

YC

Brilliant_Rock
CMD, I find it much easier to choose Tahitians irl rather than depending on photos. With the latter, can be a hit or miss.

Icy jade, this is the only item I purchased. Saving for another non-pearl purchase.I dragged a friend along to the show and she purchase some pearls, a pair of which is currently in my possession. I may post the photos in the next few days. Don't think she will mind.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
YC|1416484128|3787134 said:
CMD, I find it much easier to choose Tahitians irl rather than depending on photos. With the latter, can be a hit or miss.

Icy jade, this is the only item I purchased. Saving for another non-pearl purchase.I dragged a friend along to the show and she purchase some pearls, a pair of which is currently in my possession. I may post the photos in the next few days. Don't think she will mind.

Oh yes! Pls post if she doesn't mind.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful colours, and the pearls look larger than 9-10mm in the photos.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results