shape
carat
color
clarity

Some loose stones, one that will be housed soon

Alexxxx

Rough_Rock
Trade
I bought a few stones recently, trying out different colors. I can see how it would be very easy to just keep on buying.... Too much fun. I like to go to the diamond district and look around. I especially like the small stall vendors, they'll bargain (which is fun) and let me oogle everything (I like to oogle). I also speak Russian, so that helps. I wanted to post a couple of stones I accumulated.

The emerald is oil treated only, 4.06 carat oval. I actually bought this online and took it to the diamond district to make sure it was structurally sound and didn't have other treatments. The people I spoke with said it was as described, it was a nice stone but I wasn't too excited by it so I didn't vend up keeping it. I wanted to post pics for fun, but it looks so dark in pictures, it didn't in real life though.

Next was a ruby I got from a DD vendor named Igor, I forget the address of his stall, I could definitely look it up though. This ruby started out as an oval but I had it recut. It's from Madagascar, shows some pink in some lighting, but can also be a beautiful deeper red in other lighting, HI2 highly included, heat treatment only and I had it recut into a cushion to get rid weeee chip, it's 3.39 carats now.

No more yacking, time for pictures. The emerald just did not photograph well, not sure why. Actually maybe my pictures just suck :bigsmile: last picture is the ruby as a cushion that's going into a YG setting, which will prob be done in a few weeks!

image_2475.jpg

image_2476.jpg

image_2477.jpg

image_2478.jpg

image_2479.jpg image_2480.jpg image_2481.jpg

Michelez

Shiny_Rock
I really love the ruby! I think you should have sent the emerald to me....

Alexxxx

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hahaha, next time, promise! Also, seeing my nails close up in weird. I desperately need a manicure and maybe some vitamins?

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don't live near the DD, but I bet you'd be fun to go with! That ruby is beautiful.............. :love: Good Job! I'm not going to 'dis' the emerald because I know how difficult it can be to get decent photo's. We need to see the ruby when set!

Michelez

Shiny_Rock
I can't comment on nails - I cover mine up all the time cause I hate them lol

Alexxxx

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hahaha diss away, the emerald went back. It was a lovely warm color in real life, no cool or blue hues. But I notice that sometimes happens in pics of emeralds. It just didn't wow me, it was a bit too organic for me. I'm more into pave and less into organic styles - although I can appreciate many designs- just not my bag I suppose.

Michele, some nail polish is definitely in order for me!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I love the recut on the ruby!

CirrusClouds

Rough_Rock
Trade
Very nice Ruby! I like the new cut.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a ruby!!! Would love to see that beauty set :love:

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
A bold red ruby. I love it. As for the emerald -- not in love from the pics :tongue: But I'm sure it was at least decent in person.

Alexxxx

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thank you so much everyone. I am really excited - ruby ring should arrive today! :naughty:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alexxxx, I love the ruby's cushion cut so much better that the oval. I am just not a fan of oval stones. Funny, because I own quite a few. It is a beautiful stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results