shape
carat
color
clarity

murry is dying

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
VL, this is heartbreaking. I'm so sorry you're both suffering like this. You sound like a wonderful pet owner.

hoover

Shiny_Rock
I'm so sorry to hear about Murry, VL. I can tell he was well loved by you and he loved you right back.

Thank you for the pics - he's a beautiful boy!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, Murry is adorable. So sorry to hear his health is declining.

Sounds like he has had a wonderful life with you and your SO.

Thinking of you as you go through this difficult time.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry to hear about your baby being sick. Much love and hugs for you both. Spoil him as much as you can.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the photos, Murry is so cute and has an obviously cool doggy personality in all of your pics, hugs to you and to him.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Murry is such a wonderful dog, in every single pic so much personality and as others have seen too, so much love between the two of you. I have loved seeing Murry's pics and anecdotes, what a character!

I know your heart is broken, I'm so sorry. I hope you *do* find some comfort that Murry had so much love from you and he had the best life ever with you!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry to hear that, VL. I know how much you love Murray, and you know how popular he is around here. He will be missed greatly.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the pics, murry is precious - thinking of you both.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
It is a gut wrenching and soul freezing thing to end the life of someone who has been a loyal and noble friend.
It is time for me to take away Murry's pain and to spare him the pains that would have followed.
I talked about it all night with him, and he summoned the strength to come over and put his chin on my shoulder in a way he used to all the time but hadn't in about a year. This morning he had some water then went to his bed.
Our appointment is at four o'clock.

ave atque vale

_24392.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't want to see this posting sitting there, unanswered, VL. But we all know the pain is beyond words. I send love.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VL, I've been where you are right now…I was comforted by the thought that I was doing the kindest thing I could for my dog, releasing him from further pain and suffering, it's the only thing that got me through it… still so very hard…I'm heartbroken for you, you will be in my thoughts today.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry you and Murry are in pain, VL. I know the anguish is overwhelming. You are very brave and selfless to help Murry through this. I wish you both peace.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending love and peace and comfort to you and Murry. Will be thinking of you today especially.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He told you it was time and that was what you have been waiting for. He is always with you, no matter what, my friend.

Please come back and talk if it helps.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Murry gave you his blessing for this most difficult decision.
sorry can't write more as i'm crying......

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending you hugs and healing karma as you and Murry travel the hardest road together. He was waiting for you to be ready to let him go. It is difficult and it is the most loving gesture we can make for our furry family members. We're sharing your grief VL.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH and I went through a similar experience a couple of years ago. It is very hard, but know you are doing the right thing for Murry.

I'll be thinking about you, Murry and your SO this afternoon and evening. Sending wishes for peace and strength.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What's hard is being helpless when something is so important.

I too am crying now for Murry and for you, and ultimately deep down for the mortality of my own loved ones and myself.
Life is so precious and it seems cruel that it is not permanent.
Of course we know it's temporary, but it's so easy to forget.

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid,
This is my first post - just joined today. I decided to come out of lurkdom as I wanted to let you know how sorry I am about Murry. I've been through it and I know saying good-bye to your best friend is one of the hardest things you'll ever have to do. I wanted to share something that our trainer told me. She knew our old dog and me very well as she worked many years at our vet clinic. She gave me advice when I wasn't sure when it was time to let Lucy go which helped greatly. She said to pick her top 3 favourite things and when she's no longer enjoying any that's a sign. After she passed and we got our new dogs she knew how much I struggled as I was continually comparing them to Lucy. She told me not to feel guilty, I'll always love any new dog that comes into my life but Lucy was my "heart dog". She said I fortunately or unfortunately (depends on how you look at it) had this bond with my first dog. I knew she was special from the minute she licked my hand when I first met her at 8 weeks old. There was absolute love and trust between us from the day we got her to the day she died. She was a part of me and still is - she's in my heart every day. She was the love of my life and my little soul mate. Unless a person has experienced this bond they don't quite understand. I don't know you or Murry but I can tell from this thread that Murry is "your heart dog". He'll be with you forever in your heart. He's special and he knows it. He's told you that he's ready to go. You know this because of the bond you have with him. You know everything about him and the way he thinks. The days ahead will be difficult but there is a certain peace that comes knowing they are no longer in pain. Please know I'm thinking of you and Murry today. Sharing hugs cross the miles to both of you.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VL,
You and Murry are in my thoughts. I've been through this once and once is more than enough for me. I always remind myself that I am doing this to put an end to their suffering, even though that thought doesn't feel like any sort of consolation. Be strong!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Poodles4me|1416422411|3786586 said:
Lucy was my "heart dog". She said I fortunately or unfortunately (depends on how you look at it) had this bond with my first dog. I knew she was special from the minute she licked my hand when I first met her at 8 weeks old. There was absolute love and trust between us from the day we got her to the day she died. She was a part of me and still is - she's in my heart every day. She was the love of my life and my little soul mate. Unless a person has experienced this bond they don't quite understand. I don't know you or Murry but I can tell from this thread that Murry is "your heart dog". He'll be with you forever in your heart. He's special and he knows it. He's told you that he's ready to go. You know this because of the bond you have with him. You know everything about him and the way he thinks. The days ahead will be difficult but there is a certain peace that comes knowing they are no longer in pain. Please know I'm thinking of you and Murry today. Sharing hugs cross the miles to both of you.

This is beautiful and I agree 100% about having a "heart pet". That's exactly how I describe EQ (who we lost almost 2 years ago) - I always say "She was my heart" because it's true.

VL, my thoughts are with you and Murry today. I wish you both peace and love during this heartbreaking time. It's never an easy thing to do to say goodbye to a cherished friend, but Murry knows how much he is loved and he is telling you that it's ok to let go.

Sorry, now I'm crying :(sad

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am thinking of you and Murry. He is your soul mate and saying goodbye is the hardest thing you will ever have to do but also the bravest. Murry will be at peace soon knowing a love only few of us ever will. Sending you both much love. We are all crying with you and we are here when you need us.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
At 4:08 this afternoon NY time Murry left this world.
I was holding him in my arms, and his chin was resting in my palm.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, VL, my heart is breaking right alongside yours. It takes such courage to make the decision you've made, it takes such selflessness to take on such pain to spare him from it... I know Murry is in a place where he's comfortable now, and I know he's grateful that he had someone like you to take him there, and I know he's very proud of you.

Big, big ::HUGS:: :(sad

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
RIP little man.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, VL, my heart aches for you. Take good care of yourself tonight and in the coming days/weeks/months.

I'm crying, too. :(sad

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry VL. I know how difficult it must have been for you to post that.

Huggs to you and to Murry, in spirit. Take care of yourself.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crying here too, you did a very brave thing - he's not hurting anymore - but I know you are, very much, and I'm sending you comforting thoughts for these upcoming days - be good to yourself and take care. So very sorry.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No words.
Hugs.

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm so so sorry for your loss. I know there are no words that will ease your pain. At times like this I take solace in the Rainbow Bridge poem. Please take care of yourself. A big cyber hug to you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results