shape
carat
color
clarity

Tahitian Pearls Styling

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
That's a great idea, Pirard. Looking forward to your ear shots!

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Frost Me|1415459230|3779715 said:
Ooooh, please post pictures, will the charms slide on hoop earrings?
Yes, that's the plan! I have a pair of small pave diamond Roberto Coin hoops that my dh gave me years ago...they have other little charms that can be added or worn by themselves. They are understated, which I am definitely not, so I am always on the look out for charms to hang. I ordered the Tahitian drops in 10mm size because the hoops themselves are small. I will definitely post shots when they arrive sometime next week!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Mrs. Pearl Paradise has posted some new looks for Tahitian Styling on the PP blog. Check it out!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I really like his style. He makes me smile.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
ennui - Awesome! Men and pearls - dreamy!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
While staying in Dallas this week, my shopping list included a visit to the original Neiman Marcus. A historic landmark downtown, designed in the renaissance revival style. I long and miss the days of these old department stores at Christmas time, escaladers, glistening decorations, top-notch sales associates, and the smells. I was not disappointed… sigh.

I had to make my way to the fine jewelry to inspect the pearls. The sales associate was tops, she toured me through the showcases with a wealth of knowledge and eager to show and hand me the beauties. Golden South Seas, Tahitians and Akoya was the focus. The sales associate said “NM is known for custom sourcing pearls, and customizing their pearls to meet individuals tastes.” A long standing service to switch out a pearls in a strand, that might be holding a client back from a purchase, is not uncommon. They restring in-house also carry branded designers I did not recognized. I snapped a few pictures with her permission.

img_6454.jpg

The tahitian baroque to the left in 18K yellow gold was stunning and by a particular designer, I didn't write down. The pearls had great luster and some blemishing, guessing 10 mm I believe it was 29K. The round strand to the right was also stunning, well all the pearls were. This round strand was the largest I have ever seen. If remembering correctly 15mm to 17mm, med green gray with few blemishes 64K and diamond clasp.

img_6455.jpg

These tahitians were round and she called them party strands, due to the mixing of colors.

img_6456.jpg

The smaller strand was silvery greens, white tahitians, golden and a few peacocks pale. I loved both of these the smaller strand was in the 29K range. The larger strand was much larger pearls, 13 to 15mm pale, pale silver greens more matched colors, heavy, sigh….. 60K range. We discussed the blemishes on all the strands, and she said it's about customizing just were you want to be, that suits you and suits your level of pricing. I just wanted to share my little experience with all, I rarely see pearls at all, thought you might enjoy!

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful pearls, Frost Me. It was nice of NM to let you take photos. Did you try on any of the strands?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for sharing, Frost Me. I would love to go play with those $trands!

BTW, I've seen "parti-colored" used to describe jewelry with different-colored gemstones and wondered why they named it that. I like "party" better though. :)

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Frost Me, that was great fun; THANKS for sharing :)

YC

Brilliant_Rock
It is always such a pleasure to see such beautiful (and for me unattainable) pearl jewelry. Thanks for sharing.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Frost Me - Thanks for sharing these outstanding pearls!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
It's always great fun to see the pearls in high end stores ! The prices can be shocking for sure ... but those are pretty big.. at least they are all lovely. Unlike the dyed grass green rope I saw at a high end dept store for 1800.00 :sick:

I've found most stores don't mind photos as long as you ask. Anyone else have any store photos?

Thanks for posting these ... NM is a great store !

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
I really enjoy reading the thread here on Price Scope~Jewelry Pieces~Royal Jewels. If you have never visited the thread it is quite a long read, but very interesting and educational. Very often Royal Pearls are posted with history.

HM the Queen Maxima of the Netherlands Tahitians earrings are just stunning!
3215b98ed964fa89b293c9fa71015ea9.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Frost Me great reminder, I loved reading the Royal Jewels thread.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know. That thread made me realize that what I've been missing all my life has been a parure! Sadly, I think I'm too old and round to nab me a crown prince! :lol:

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
Well, parti-colored means having different colors. I'm used to seeing it referring to medieval clothing that is split down the middle with different colors on each side. I'd never thought about using it to describe a necklace with different colors. I like the idea of calling it a Party strand, though.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results