I'm glad someone knew what it was! LOL But like she said... cool. :bigsmile:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

VL can u elaborate?

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock

First picture of a ring project in white gold that should arrive just in time for Christmas from Annette Tillander.

Gems:

0.64ct Fancy Deep Yellowish Orange, Pear, SI1
0.23ct Fancy Vivid Yellow Orange, Radiant, SI2
1.02ct, Asscher Cut, Fancy Light Yellow
1.23ct Asscher cut pink spinel
0.33ct 2 asscher cut white diamonds

I love the colors and shapes together and am excited to see what Annette creates of them. :bigsmile:

img_6045.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mariedtiger|1416055011|3784038 said:
First picture of a ring project in white gold that should arrive just in time for Christmas from Annette Tillander.

Gems:

I love the colors and shapes together and am excited to see what Annette creates of them. :bigsmile:

The stones are amazing!! Did you all source these by yourself? Looking forward to see what Annette will create for you. :appl:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

mariedtiger, I started talking w/Annette a couple weeks ago about a pendant!

I can't wait to see what she comes up w/for your stones!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock

Acinom|1416055416|3784041 said:
mariedtiger|1416055011|3784038 said:

Gems:

The stones are amazing!! Did you all source these by yourself? Looking forward to see what Annette will create for you. :appl:

Thanks Acinom! I had a teeny-tiny FCD obsession during the summer, and the spinel I had of old. So I did source all of them myself. Leibish.com and Diamondsbylauren were the nicest to deal with, a lot of the other FCD dealers never even answered e-mail inquiries.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock

packrat|1416063034|3784092 said:

Packrat, it makes me happy to hear that. She does amazing work. Me too, I'm trying not to be too impatient. :bigsmile:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mariedtiger and Packrat: Annette's designs are so flowing and beautiful. You will both have stunning pieces. I am looking forward seeing your photo's already.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

I am getting my ering reset. It should arrive within the next couple days. I haven't seen pictures or anything (the jeweler is old school), so I'm very nervous about it. :-o

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

FrekeChild|1416169677|3784768 said:
I am getting my ering reset. It should arrive within the next couple days. I haven't seen pictures or anything (the jeweler is old school), so I'm very nervous about it. :-o

Waah!!! How exciting for you Freke. What design did you choose for your reset or will you reveal that once it's in your possession. Happy waiting :wavey:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Acinom|1416170250|3784771 said:
FrekeChild|1416169677|3784768 said:

Waah!!! How exciting for you Freke. What design did you choose for your reset or will you reveal that once it's in your possession. Happy waiting :wavey:
It's a stock setting. I'll share it once I see it and make sure I like it. :halo:

It has similar lines to the last one the stone was in though. :naughty:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

mariedtiger said:
packrat|1416063034|3784092 said:

Packrat, it makes me happy to hear that. She does amazing work. Me too, I'm trying not to be too impatient. :bigsmile:
I didn't realize she took customers outside of Finland! I've been drooling over her FB posts for months, thanks to mariedtiger [emoji39] [emoji39]

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

mochiko, I didn't either-I broke down and emailed her to ask!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium

^ this is wonderful news - I've long been an admirer of her work - I look forward to seeing the new Annette pieces here!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Annette Tillander's work is gorgeous and I find her family heritage so fascinating. Her family used to live in Russia and her great-great-grandfather was a jeweler and worked for Faberge.. I found a few Alexander Tillander pieces on Christies' website recently, too.

http://artist.christies.com/Alexander-Tillander-47207.aspx
http://www.christies.com/lotfinder/jewelry/a-jewelled-gold-platinum-and-tourmaline-brooch-5441646-details.aspx
http://www.christies.com/LotFinder/lot_details.aspx?intObjectID=5510090
http://www.blog.jewelryaccessories.com/jewelry-designers/450-alexander-tillander.html
http://www.atggems.com/Faberge-Letter-Opener.htm

Gorgeous!!

packrat, will Annette set outside stones or does she only sell the finished pieces?

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

Pooh a project with Annette and an earring reset from Freke! So exciting!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I wanted to share without reviving my dreadfully long thread. Never heard/seen a mahenge spinel before joining PS but seeing all the posts/picture put it at the top of my list :love: Although I was told neon pink was the most sought after, I really wanted a magenta one since it was my favorite crayon as a kid.

Thanks to some guidance from folks here and Yvonne Radley who found the stone for me on a visit - one Prima didn't even realize they still had in inventory - and letting me still buy directly from them, I was able to get a magenta mahenge despite being so late to the game.

At 1.09 carats, its a baby compared to some of yours but I am in love. Unfortunately, for some reason it doesn't cooperate with the camera at all - I can't get a picture that reflects its pure deep magenta sparkly goodness. Even the folks who did the setting wanted to know where I got the stone. Thank you for all of your help!

mymahenge.jpg

mymahengeuv.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock

Freke, that is so exciting and yet must be nerve wracking also. Keeping my fingers crossed that you love the end result. :))

Yes, the Tillander saga and tradition is fascinating. So much talent in that family. I'm glad Annette is taking international orders, her work is amazing. =)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am so excited for MT and PR - two Annette items commissioned by PSers, right here in CS. I can't want to see what she creates!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

Mochiko, I asked about using my opal that is currently in the silver setting to be put into a new pendant and she was all for it, so outside stones must be ok!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

It's here.

Do I make my husband re-propose without me seeing it or open it and look without him?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

I would have to open it up w/out seeing it probably. I'm just nosy.

And yanno...we wanna see the fricken thing too..

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

I got it after my husband inspected it first. I will have to take pics tomorrow - I need some natural light! I haven't even gotten to see it in daylight yet, so I'm really excited to see it tomorrow in the sun!

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock

NOooooo!!! We wanna see it! We don't want to wait another day ;(

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

From the first stock setting (Vatche Royal Crown replica, what he picked out) to the custom monster that didn't come out right, to the new one, also stock. Yes, this is my third reset. And I think, the final one.

spinel_ering_blue.jpg

sapphire_31.jpg

new_ering.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

FrekeChild|1416350429|3785984 said:
From the first stock setting (Vatche Royal Crown replica, what he picked out) to the custom monster that didn't come out right, to the new one, also stock. Yes, this is my third reset. And I think, the final one.

Yay!!! I love it. I love love love that color. It seems to be a little different in each of the photo's. Does it change depending on the light. Please start a huge thread with many many pics :love:
What are the specs of the stone?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Freke! I love the new solitaire :love: love the slight split and the amount of metal seems perfect for the stone!... By far my favorite for your e-ring.. :appl:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

I feel like it actually looks like an engagement ring now. I think the split shank from the custom one was just too much, and it kind of dominated the whole ring, instead of making the spinel be the star.

I don't know that I want to make another whole thread! The stone has a thread and I think I made a SMTB thread when we first got engaged and then another for the custom reset. Three is more than enough for one ring!

It's a 1.2ct blue-purple color shift spinel. Barry Bridgestock. 6.4mm.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results