shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Ed from PS and Ring from L T Denny Jeweler

alpackie

Shiny_Rock
3 months ago when my boyfriend suggested that we start shopping for engagement rings, I was not even convinced that I wanted a diamond in it. A cursory Google search led me to Rhino's tutorials on the GoG website, which then lead me to PS. Boy was that an eye-opener! Loads of information to absorb, and when we finally thought we knew what we wanted, I posted for the first time on PS and everyone was amazingly supportive, especially Neil, Gypsy, TexasLeaguer, and Karl_K.

At the same time, I had been scouring the internet for settings with floral motifs, and decided on a Danhov cathedral solitaire in platinum. Wanting to see the setting in person, we went to L T Denny's, a local jeweler in Seattle. Leslie Denny was gracious in supporting our diamond education, and showed us some great stones. However, I still wasn't sold on the jewelry store lighting and lack of reflector imaging. We were sold on the setting, as she had some great suggestions for a custom order of the setting that included considerations for future diamond and ring maintenance.

But we still had a stone to decide on! A few changes of heart later (regarding color, clarity, and carat), we pulled the trigger on a 1.22 H AGS0 VS2 from JA. Their customer service was impeccable, and we even got a $100 discount for mentioning PS (thought they called it the "friends and family discount"). However, after bringing it in to Leslie at L T Denny's and comparing it side-by-side with other H's, we knew we could do better. We were well within the 60-day return policy, and JA took the 1.22 back, no questions asked. The return to JA was processed very quickly, and the credit was put back within a couple of days.

We ultimately decided to buy from L T Denny. The stone is a 1.22 H AGS0 SI1 with less noticeable inclusions than the 1.22 H VS2. There was a snafu with AGS not properly engraving the stone, but Leslie sorted it out in a timely manner, and the engraving and setting process took only about a week.

All-in-all, great introductory experience into bling! Thank you all so much!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results