carat
color
clarity

WHat is/are thing/s that you never thought you needed

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
missy|1415886246|3782615 said:
Some days I think I will go back to just basic and keep netflix which is what we watch most of the time (LOVE Gilmore Girls and just started watching again from the beginning) but then for some reason I don't get rid of all the extra channels we have just in case. Sigh. Perhaps now is the time to clean house so to speak with all the extras we really don't "need".

:love: Gilmore girls!! :love:
It's the best.

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
A 8" Android tablet. I am still not ready to cough up monthly fees for either a smartphone or an iPad. But I got a 8" NS-15AT08 quad core Android KitKat tablet from Best Buy and a $10 iHome Bluetooth keyboard from Ollie's discount store, and a $10 bag from Big Lots. It's smaller to lug around than my laptop and I can use it at work on the free public wifi to entertain myself during lunch and not get in trouble for using company computers for Internet and personal use.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A filter coffee machine.

I grew up in the States where they are common, but in the UK people, or at least my friends, seem to use French presses. I went along with it for a while, but a couple of years ago I made my case and was given a filter machine for Christmas. It's not fancy, we just lack kitchen counter space so the case had to made for it. To date it's the best Christmas gift my husband has ever given me during more than a decade together. I use it 29 days out of 30 and can programme it so I wake up to coffee. Best £30 ever spent!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with the single serve coffee machine. A dream come true!

The only other thing I can think of is netflix. It is very nice to be able to literally do nothing all day and not have to think about what to watch haha.

When I bought my house I decided to go without a lot of the little accessories that clutter up my counters, ie toaster, kettle. It's been interesting. I still haven't mastered how to broil toast in the oven without burning it to sh!t, but it's getting close!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Space and quiet. I need space inside the house and out. Right now I have space inside the house but the neighbors are a little too close.
Last weekend one of my neighbors got married at their house. It was sweet and pretty and I don't begrudge them a single minute, but after about 5 hours of the thumping bumping bass, I wanted to poke my eyes out. We also have a school behind us, and that has had issues with noise there too. The one thing I miss about living in the mountains was the blessed quiet. I could sleep with all the windows open at night and only hear critter noise. Cool mountain air and blessed quiet.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
A garage! I love the extra storage space it provides, and it definitely helps in the winter. I try not to be a pack rat but I have a ton of school stuff that's boxed up. I don't need it right now but I might use it again someday. I love storing it somewhere safe but out of sight, and I love that it doesn't clutter up our house.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my! LLJsmom! I smiled ear to ear when you saw your response! :appl:
I absolutely LOVE having steamed milk with coffee in the morning.. Honestly I can't wait to jump out of bed in the morning just to make myself some. :D
Also.. besides the coffee with steamed milk in the AM.. it's a big glass of wine in the pm! :shhh:
And of course my computer.. I spend hours a day browsing nonsense on it. What did I do before I had one? :shock:
Thanks Greg for such a fun topic!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
oooh there are soo many 'needs' here!!!! love the stories of how it changes ppls lives when they get that item!!!!

sometimes the simple pleasures are all that make the difference!!

i always considered getting a nespresso/ coffee machine but never could fathom the cleaning of it all... so instant is good for me! even the staff at work want one. they have filtered/ percolated coffee machine and they dont even clean that!!!
OHH- the mobile/cell/ smart phone...i was the last of my friends to get one soooo many moons ago. it took them 2 yrs of pestering me as i was not easy to contact.. well..now.. that is a different story...:)
ohh- a tablet... i did get one in preparation for a long haul flight for my daughter.... unfortunately it met an early death after she dropped it 1 week before the flight!!! Now....i just give her the smart phone!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Heated car seats. Already have them permanently on. It is very cold where I live. Staying with the car theme I love having a keyless car (fob). Never thought I needed, wanted, or would like it. So nice not to have to take my keys out in cold, rain, or at night. Love it.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A dishwasher. Never had one and couldn't see what difference it would make since you still must load, unload, not everything can go in. Then I got one and thought I'd gone to heaven. I'd hate to be without one now.

Battery operated toothbrush, very gentle yet very effective. Can't imagine scrubbing away at my gums manually again like I used to.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The IPad. Husband surprised me with an IPad as a surprise gift. I wanted him to return it and thought it was a complete waste of money.
I am now on my second IPad and so addicted. My husband tells me he is going to bury with it for fear he won't be able to pry it out of my hands.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jambalaya|1415932971|3783101 said:
A dishwasher. Never had one and couldn't see what difference it would make since you still must load, unload, not everything can go in. Then I got one and thought I'd gone to heaven. I'd hate to be without one now.

We refer to ours as the marriage saver. Like you, we didn't have one until fairly recently and life is so much nicer with it!

April20

Ideal_Rock
liaerfbv|1415891606|3782652 said:
missy|1415886246|3782615 said:
Some days I think I will go back to just basic and keep netflix which is what we watch most of the time (LOVE Gilmore Girls and just started watching again from the beginning) but then for some reason I don't get rid of all the extra channels we have just in case. Sigh. Perhaps now is the time to clean house so to speak with all the extras we really don't "need".

:love: Gilmore girls!! :love:
It's the best.

I somehow completely missed this show when it was on TV and I'd never caught a re-run either. I noticed it was on Netflix so I started watching it. I LOVE THIS SHOW. I finished the last episode last weekend and I was so sad. I'm flailing around for something else to watch. I work at home, so Netflix is on basically all day and I like the good stuff!

April20

Ideal_Rock
When I purchased my last car, the only thing I really wanted was heated car seats. I could really care less about all the other "bells & whistles" since I don't have to drive far for anything, but man, those heated seats! I'm not giving those up for anything. They get warm so much faster than the regular heater does.

Last week, DH bought me a blue tooth speaker with great sound to use in my office and the kitchen while I'm watching Netflix or listening to Pandora. I really didn't think I needed it. The iPad speaker is fine. And then I hooked it up. Yeah. It's like I have surround sound now. I'm not sure why I said I didn't need it. :cheeky:

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
Heat, the heat in my office is broken and it's 59 degrees in here. I was just doing a little walking around the office to try to warm up. Hopefully it will be fixed soon, though I haven't seen the repair man today. This is almost as fun as when the air conditioner died in August.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
17 Hermes bags

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
Madam Bijoux|1416003670|3783756 said:
17 Hermes bags

Wow- and I thought I was bad... 17?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I finally got texting last year after adamantly claiming I didn't need it. Now I love it. Still no smart phone tho.

That's about the extent of it.

Well, I did splurge and get my hair cut/colored at a fancy salon last month and now that I've finally kinda figured out how to actually do my hair the way I like, I'm very much going back. It cost about 2.5 times what it would have where I've been going, and it's an hour away rather than 10 minutes, but I think it's worth it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results