shape
carat
color
clarity

A setting for Acinom's green sugarloaf Paraiba???

What should Acinom's setting for a green cab Paraiba look like?

• Keep it simple: a simple bezel and shank will do

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • A simple bezel but adorned with diamonds in the shank

• An organic looking setting

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Halo it with tiny white diamonds

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Halo it with blue sapphires

• Halo it with pink sapphires

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Halo it with green tsavorites

• Different... I will tell you below

• Total voters

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here you go!

It's a very understated and elegant Art Deco design.

sapphire_25.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are small and blurry but I'll take what I can get. :cheeky: Thanks, Acinom and sorry for the threadjack.

Thanks, TL. Just the angle I needed.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono's and Acinom's eye candy with a big hug for Sparklies :appl:

_24140.jpg

_24141.jpg

_24142.jpg

_24143.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

Happy to help. :D

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you're leaning toward Art Deco design, check out "Raymond Yard Jewelry" on google images. :naughty:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1415979452|3783419 said:
I LOVE the one in the video that SL shared. Anyone able to to screen grab the profile? I have a cabochon coming and think this will be perfect for it.

Acinom,
Can you define what is budget friendly to you? $2K range? $4K range?

Chrono: 2K would be very budget friendly indeed. 3K is what I am willing to spend with a maximum of 4K if I really have to.
Would this range be realistic for the blue TrumpetandHorn art deco design? I hope so/ think so...

What do you all think if I were to choose this art deco design: platinum or Rose Gold???

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think David Klass can do it for $2K. Other vendors like ERD might be able to do this in the $3K range. Just my guess based on what I know in 2013/2014. I am very partial to platinum in this design but I would let the colour of the stone dictate my final metal colour choice.

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Ok I am definitely a fan of cabs + claw prongs. Though that is not as protective... I do love the setting in the video as well.

I say either something organic with extra CS melee or something simpler reminiscent of the Art Deco setting brought up.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL|1415979889|3783428 said:
I'd halo it with a lot of bling, with tiny pink sapphires or diamond that cascade into white diamonds. It can also be organic, something like this tsavorite cab ring, but imagine pink diamonds/sapphires instead of the tsavorite melee. You could do rose gold as well. :naughty:

What a stunning and spectacular ring!! Thanks for posting this TL. Knowing myself I would not be able to rock this though. I live in the Netherlands!!! :lol:

Will check out the website you just advice. Thank you! Thank you!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL|1415980648|3783444 said:
If you're leaning toward Art Deco design, check out "Raymond Yard Jewelry" on google images. :naughty:

TL!!! How eeevil to send me there totally unprepared :twisted:
He sure has some nice goodies:

_24144.jpg

_24145.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1415980923|3783448 said:
I think David Klass can do it for $2K. Other vendors like ERD might be able to do this in the $3K range. Just my guess based on what I know in 2013/2014. I am very partial to platinum in this design but I would let the colour of the stone dictate my final metal colour choice.

Great idea to ask David Klass Chrono! He also made that gorgeous moonstone cab ring :love:
If I end up choosing this design I also envision it in platinum, mainly because of the timeframe. Thanks for sharing your views :wavey:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LoversKites|1415980978|3783449 said:
Ok I am definitely a fan of cabs + claw prongs. Though that is not as protective... I do love the setting in the video as well.

I say either something organic with extra CS melee or something simpler reminiscent of the Art Deco setting brought up.

Ah yes, I love the latest pricewinning ring by Leon with the sharp claws. Though I think the cab is secured by the halo/bezel as well.
Because of the simplicity, I am now gearing towards an art deco design.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
So many great choices!!! I love the one from Lang Antiques the most, but all the ones where the stone gets to shine and the bling is mostly on the shank in a simple and elegant way are my favorites. We're so lucky, to get to live vicariously through you in this project. I'm excited for you!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mariedtiger|1415983641|3783493 said:
So many great choices!!! I love the one from Lang Antiques the most, but all the ones where the stone gets to shine and the bling is mostly on the shank in a simple and elegant way are my favorites. We're so lucky, to get to live vicariously through you in this project. I'm excited for you!

The ring from Lang is definitely a good contender. I love it as well :love:
The profile is stunning. Thank you Mariedtiger :wavey: . I am so glad things are finally working out for you as well!! You have a stunning stone and you are such a friendly person... You deserve a fabulous celebration ring.

_24152.jpg

_24153.jpg

_24154.jpg

_24156.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A handshot of the Lang ring

_24157.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just requested a quote from David Klass for the Lang design :twisted:
Also contemplating about the 'blue ring'. But it will be good to get an idea on prices and I reckon the blue is below or at the pricepoint of the Lang ring?

Here are some hand pics of the stone (obviously not my hands...)

_24167.jpg

_24168.jpg

_24169.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1415972865|3783362 said:
Ooh some great choices but these are my top 2 preferences.

Same two rings as missy for me, I particularly like the first one with the blue sapphire cabochon.

DK :))

Alexxxx

Rough_Rock
Trade
Oh wow, how beautiful. I love love love that JAR ring, with the prongs at 12,3,6,9. And the sapphire cab with the Art Deco setting (in the more possibilies pictures). This will be very beautiful. :naughty:

Michelez

Shiny_Rock
Oh I cannot WAIT to see this done! I love just about every one of the rings you posted. I plan on getting a cab in 2015 also (hopefully) and no clue how I want to set it - but I promise it won't be a replica of yours :lol: This is going to be amazing though, whatever you pick!

Violetphoenix

Shiny_Rock
This one design might interests you. Caysie or David can easily duplicate this one

_24195.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1416003179|3783753 said:

Same two rings as missy for me, I particularly like the first one with the blue sapphire cabochon.

Thanks for sharing your preference dk!!! :wavey:
I see quite a clear pattern towards the tiny halo and the one with the blue sapphire cabochon. I posted them because I find them spectacularly beautiful and they give oomph to a cab. Not sure whether it fits my 'every day on an old bicycle' lifestyle though :confused:
I will take some time to find out to what I find really beautiful AND really me at the same time.

I am so enjoying your bracelet project. A lot of fun and very chique at the same time. :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alexxxx|1416005551|3783768 said:
Oh wow, how beautiful. I love love love that JAR ring, with the prongs at 12,3,6,9. And the sapphire cab with the Art Deco setting (in the more possibilies pictures). This will be very beautiful. :naughty:

Thanks for chiming in Alexxxx. I've come to the conclusion that creating a setting for a cab is such a different ballgame. Depending on the setting you can create a very spectacular or a very subdued casual look. The satin glow of a cabochon is so soft and besutiful :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Michelez|1416006220|3783772 said:
Oh I cannot WAIT to see this done! I love just about every one of the rings you posted. I plan on getting a cab in 2015 also (hopefully) and no clue how I want to set it - but I promise it won't be a replica of yours :lol: This is going to be amazing though, whatever you pick!

Thank you for your kind words Michelez!!!
Any idea on what kind of cab you are looking for? I am looking forward to see what your project will look like.
At this moment I am totally overwhelmed by all the beautiful options. It is really helpful to read everyone's views.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Violetphoenix|1416026562|3783918 said:
This one design might interests you. Caysie or David can easily duplicate this one

So beautiful Violetphoenix! Where did you find this?
While I love the gorgeous detailling I realise it will be too exuberant for an everyday casual subdued elegance look. I wish I could pull it off but I know by now my jewelry needs to have a bit of an everyday feel. Perhaps if I would move to Italy I could pull it off :lol:
Thanks for the inspiration :wavey:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1416038643|3783977 said:
dk168|1416003179|3783753 said:

Thanks for sharing your preference dk!!! :wavey:
I see quite a clear pattern towards the tiny halo and the one with the blue sapphire cabochon. I posted them because I find them spectacularly beautiful and they give oomph to a cab. Not sure whether it fits my 'every day on an old bicycle' lifestyle though :confused:
I will take some time to find out to what I find really beautiful AND really me at the same time.

I am so enjoying your bracelet project. A lot of fun and very chique at the same time. :appl:

Sorry, however, I laughed out loud when I read the bit about you having an "every day on an old bicycle lifestyle", as you are a lady with an exquisite taste in jewellery, and has a collection of high end rings that are truly magnificent. Even your stackers that would probably fit "an old bicycle lifestyle" are thoughtfully designed and beautifully made. :bigsmile:

Thanks for the kind words btw re: my bracelet project. Ever thought about "beyond rings", as I would love to see what you have in mind for other types of jewellery, so that I can "borrow" your ideas? :Up_to_something: :bigsmile:

Ooo, and I love the Lang ring btw.

DK :bigsmile:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol:
Hi DK :wavey:
I love the contrast between luxury and an active and casual lifestyle. I love riding on my old and battered bicycle in a Chanel coat and a Hermes bag. I love working in our little garden with my OEC on my finger (although this is NOT a recommendation :twisted: ).

Regarding the 'more than rings movement' I am actually inspired by projects like yours!!! Rings are still my favourite jewelry pieces but doesn't a bracelet make a great staple piece :naughty:

I am so glad you like the Lang ring as I am gearing towards that one :love: . Means a lot to learn that you like I admire your taste.

By the whay what will be the end date of your bracelet project? :naughty:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom,

I can envisage you with a rainbow line bracelet with 6mm+ stones, and it would be great fun to collect the CSs yourself.

It will be ages before my bracelet is ready, as I am hoping for 14 stones or more for a graduated rainbow look.

As for the Lang ring, what type of side stones would you have? I thought it would look nice with French cuts, however, it would resemble your lovely diamond ring, and thought it may be better with OECs.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1416055432|3784042 said:
Acinom,

I can envisage you with a rainbow line bracelet with 6mm+ stones, and it would be great fun to collect the CSs yourself.

It will be ages before my bracelet is ready, as I am hoping for 14 stones or more for a graduated rainbow look.

As for the Lang ring, what type of side stones would you have? I thought it would look nice with French cuts, however, it would resemble your lovely diamond ring, and thought it may be better with OECs.

DK, will you first wear your bracelet with a few stones or do you have to have the full amount of 14 stones before the bracelet can be finalised? It will be very chique to start with the ones you have and then gradually add more. Like with a charm bracelet that starts with 3 charms and ends with an endless amount.

Is a line bracelet a kind of diamonds by the yard idea where the stones are integrated in a bracelet with larger links?

Have been thinking last night about the stones in the Lang ring as RB's do not really flatter me. Frenchies would be great but like you said it would resemble my OEC ring too much. And my little faceted Paraiba has a small line of frechies too. Soooo, I was thinking about tapered carres. What do you think!
Somehow I did not come up with OEC: that would be really nice as it will flatter the vintage design.
Would love to hear your thoughts

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm, tapered Frenchies or OECs for the Lang ring, tough one!

I would opt for graduated OECs as I believe they would go better with the rounded, curvy and cuddly look of a sugarload stone.

Can't wait to see this new ring as I am certain it will be another gorgeous piece like the others in your collection. :love:

I normally associate a line bracelet as a tennis bracelet. I would love one in colourless stones only. However, since 6mm diamonds are out of my price range unless I win big money in the lottery, I shall hope for one made with white CSs one day, and have already mentioned this idea to Jeff White. Just hope he would consider a discount for a job lot instead of the usual 500 USD per stone for a custom piece!!! :bigsmile:

I shall wait until I have at least 7 colours of a rainbow before wearing the bracelet, as it would look odd to me otherwise.

BTW, please tell me you wear a glove over your OEC when you do gardening! :bigsmile:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your advice on graduated OEC's DK!

Ah! Ah tennis bracelet in graduating colors :love: . You should indeed opt for a lot with various stones. Good idea :naughty:

Is your celebration ring in production already or will you now start up the process.

No gloves indeed during gardening but in the coming summer I will definitely improve my habits drastically :twisted:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results