shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearl Leaf Earrings

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, I got these earrings a few months ago. I love them because the design is unique (to me) and the purchase was completely unexpected. It was raining and I was in a deserted town, Sunday afternoon. Saw a jewelers across the street, went to have a look without much hope. Thought it would be deserted. Opened the door and there was a blast of light, music, people and food. Kind of like the steerage party in James Cameron's Titanic. They were celebrating beign in business for 60 years, and the elderly proprietor was saying, "It seems like yesterday." There was a young boy playing the accordion. It was a real party. So I saw these and bought them, and they remind me of that family jeweler.

They are freshwater pearls in 14k.

photo_951.jpg

photo_952.jpg

photo_953.jpg

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
I love your story. What a wonderful experience with a family in business for 60 years, very heart warming. Your earrings are more than beautiful, what a great memory for life each time you look at them.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
I love that triple leaf, just stunning!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Jambalaya - Beautiful earrings and what a fun story! I know you'll smile everytime your wear these!

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I believe it's a classic design. I have similar earrings, from the 1950s, in white gold with screw backs. They are often called clovers. They are pretty, aren't they? Very feminine.

That's a magical story. I would have bought something, too. :angel:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Frost Me and thank you pkinnew, for your nice comments about these and my other pearl jewelries.

Ennui - thank you for telling me something about the design. I did not know it was a classic or that it was called a clover. That makes so much sense. I'm very happy to know more about it.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Wow, now I want a pair like that! Wear this lovely design in health.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
My mother has a triple cluster, faux pearls, now vintage, she wore them in the late 50s and would still today.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Frostme, thanks for the extra info about the time period of the design. I like the Fifties.

Bsomlo, thanks for the very kind remarks about this pair and also for your nice comments about my other pearls. Your own collection is just magnificent, of course. If you were serious about wanting some of these I could always post the name of the jeweler. Or you could get some made with really good akoyas, which would look amazing. These are just freshwaters.

Tomorrow I'm supposed to get my Pearl Paradise order. Can't wait! Opera length freshwater strand, lavender freshwater double strand and matching studs, and large white metallic strand. Eeek!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Jambalaya - Bonanza! You are going to have so much fun today! I can't wait to hear about all of your new pieces!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results