carat
color
clarity

Why is PS slower than 10 yrs ago?

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junebug, You were one of the main reasons I started posting :wavey:

How are things going with your mom? I've thought of you often lately and wondered how you were doing.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1415502016|3779958 said:
Junebug, You were one of the main reasons I started posting :wavey:

How are things going with your mom? I've thought of you often lately and wondered how you were doing.

Thanks Callie, and you're one of the reasons why I stick around lol!

Thank you for asking about my mother - she had a rough August - was hospitalized for a uti and dehydration - she's doing better and there's nothing medically wrong with her but she's just weak, lethargic, has dementia and needs a lot of assistance and supervision. I spend several days a week at her house to give my brother a break. It's been challenging tbh but we're managing for now.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
junebug17|1415505161|3779981 said:
Thank you for asking about my mother - she had a rough August - was hospitalized for a uti and dehydration - she's doing better and there's nothing medically wrong with her but she's just weak, lethargic, has dementia and needs a lot of assistance and supervision. I spend several days a week at her house to give my brother a break. It's been challenging tbh but we're managing for now.

I'm sorry to hear about your mom Junebug. Dementia is such a challenging and heartbreaking disease and so tough on the family. ((HUGS))

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1415521254|3780034 said:

I'm sorry to hear about your mom Junebug. Dementia is such a challenging and heartbreaking disease and so tough on the family. ((HUGS))

I, also, am sorry, junebug. I do not think I was really tuned in to this. We have the reverse situation. I live with my father and my brother comes to give me breaks. A good family is worth its weight in gold.

Big, huge hugs,
Deb

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I admit that I am new to PS, have only been here less than a year, so I cannot say what it was like before. I am still a newbie here and definitely do not know people like they know each other. I read PS a lot because I like the people here a lot and that includes outspoken people, I much prefer that someone is direct than pretend to agree with you just to make you feel good. There are threads for that, such as SMTB. On other threads disagreement can be healthy, even some controversy, sure there can be fights, that happens a lot on internet forums but I find it to be less the case here on PS. I actually find that people are very supportive of each other in general even if they sometimes disagree, in a way the atmosphere is very positive here, much like a family. I honestly did not think that people were ever nasty to me here or trying to expel me just because I unfortunately only found PS a short time ago, in fact I felt warmly welcomed by many people and those coming here later have to try to fit in themselves, it is normal. I would have better things to do on most of my days off, or, well, not better but things I have to do, yet I am drawn here. There has to be something inherently positive about PS if even busy people keep returning, wanting updates and hearing about the people, it is in a large part the community here that make PS great in my opinion.

The other thing I have to say is education, I have not found any other forum that offers such insight and education that PS does, even to me. When it is my favorite subject, I want to stay as informed as possible and I am very interested in any news. Gypsy is one of my favorite posters personally not only because of her style, being very frank but also because she offers a vaste amount of knowledge and education to new buyers coming here for help. Gypsy is there for them almost 24/7 IMHO being a great asset to the people and to PS and as it turns out it is not even her personal preferences that she is often recommending but try to think of the interests of those she is helping. At the end what matters is that someone who was going to be ripped off comes here for help, they leave educated instead of being ripped off. Very rarely does someone not accept the help. If Gypsy helps only five people a day to avoid a bad scenario then she and this forum have done a lot for public interest and yes there are other wonderful, very helpful posters too.

I dislike noone here, it is human nature that we bond with some people more but that does not make me dislike anyone, it happens that a few strange newcomers post rude or strange posts but those are pretty rare as the forum is well moderated. Not a single poster has ever ridiculed me even if we are talking about our personal lives, mistakes, etc. If I make a mistake I am happy to admit it that I said something wrong. I like this forum and some of the people here so much that I have seriously considered attending a GTG.

I have to say that though not sure what PS was like ten years ago, I do find very interesting threads everywhere, especially in Hangout. Cannot comment on the past but I can say what is my impression of the current PS. Certainly, there are more limitations, I can understand that but it is still a very enjoyable forum overall.

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
LaraOnline|1415428350|3779600 said:
walkinfaith|1415404698|3779500 said:
LaraOnline|1415403907|3779492 said:
Lol you are hilarious.
And take yourselves rather seriously.
An amusing combination!
I dont have time to read back through this thread again. And work out if both smitcompton AND smith vs Janesjewels were being discussed as single people in this thread.
Yes tbh I did originally read this thread as conflating smitcompton with janesjewels.
And to further the confusion for some reason I personally was always a little confused between smith and smitcompton.
Additionally I currently access PS mostly through my phone so typos and little mess ups have to stay as they are.
So two people were discussed unedifyingly in this thread lol smitcompton and then smith/ jane rather than smitcompton alone. ??
I have to admit I felt smitcompton had been singled out for the pleasure.
Oh apart from now me as well that is. :wavey:
LOL
I genuinely thought that clearing that up would alleviate some of your frustration in going back and forth discussing exactly what happened in this thread, but it appears to have had the opposite effect. Apologies for that!

It's fine. This is really a conversation about twaddle. If you look at my original post, yes, you will see that I did in fact read that the previous contributors to this thread had nailed down smitcompton as the one with the unworthy jewellery collection, and the ever changing avatars.
While I don't have time to go through the thread once more, I still in fact do recall the thread as running that way.

But ultimately, whether previous contributors sneered at smitcompton, or another user, my original post still stands.
My mother often told me that when you point a finger, there are three more pointing back at you. Smitcompton got the rounds of the kitchen, and she or another were ridiculed. Why the silence on the treatment of that 'mystery poster'.
No-one should have to run the gauntlet in this space.

Hi Lara! :wavey:

I think you may be referring to my earlier comment (page 8, I believe) in the bolded bit above.

To clarify, at no point did I mean to be disparaging of Smith1940/Smith1942/JanesJewels' collection. At all.

I merely pointed out several identifying characteristics of her jewellery collection and her idiosyncratic manner of referring to her collection as "jewels". I don't know anyone else on the forum (or in real life, for that matter) who does that, which is why I noticed it and, looked at her jewellery and realised that it was Smith1940/Smith1942/JanesJewels.

It wasn't terribly difficult to figure out and I'm certain I'm not the only one who noticed it.

Anyway. Just thought I'd straighten that out. :)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1415521254|3780034 said:

Thank you very much for your support and understanding Gypsy! I really appreciate the kind words.

I, also, am sorry, junebug. I do not think I was really tuned in to this. We have the reverse situation. I live with my father and my brother comes to give me breaks. A good family is worth its weight in gold.

Thank you Deb! Yes, sounds like we're in similar circumstances - I'm so glad your brother is helping out - this type of situation would be difficult to handle without some help and support! I"ll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts, and I hope your father is doing well.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JuneBug, I was afraid this might be the case from your previous posts. My father in law had Alzheimer's so I can relate to what your family is going thru and know how difficult it can be. Please know I'm here if you ever need to talk. Please remember to take good care of yourself. Sending gentle hugs your way, Callie

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
OVincze|1415548020|3780112 said:
I admit that I am new to PS, have only been here less than a year, so I cannot say what it was like before. I am still a newbie here and definitely do not know people like they know each other. I read PS a lot because I like the people here a lot and that includes outspoken people, I much prefer that someone is direct than pretend to agree with you just to make you feel good. There are threads for that, such as SMTB. On other threads disagreement can be healthy, even some controversy, sure there can be fights, that happens a lot on internet forums but I find it to be less the case here on PS. I actually find that people are very supportive of each other in general even if they sometimes disagree, in a way the atmosphere is very positive here, much like a family. I honestly did not think that people were ever nasty to me here or trying to expel me just because I unfortunately only found PS a short time ago, in fact I felt warmly welcomed by many people and those coming here later have to try to fit in themselves, it is normal. I would have better things to do on most of my days off, or, well, not better but things I have to do, yet I am drawn here. There has to be something inherently positive about PS if even busy people keep returning, wanting updates and hearing about the people, it is in a large part the community here that make PS great in my opinion.

The other thing I have to say is education, I have not found any other forum that offers such insight and education that PS does, even to me. When it is my favorite subject, I want to stay as informed as possible and I am very interested in any news. Gypsy is one of my favorite posters personally not only because of her style, being very frank but also because she offers a vaste amount of knowledge and education to new buyers coming here for help. Gypsy is there for them almost 24/7 IMHO being a great asset to the people and to PS and as it turns out it is not even her personal preferences that she is often recommending but try to think of the interests of those she is helping. At the end what matters is that someone who was going to be ripped off comes here for help, they leave educated instead of being ripped off. Very rarely does someone not accept the help. If Gypsy helps only five people a day to avoid a bad scenario then she and this forum have done a lot for public interest and yes there are other wonderful, very helpful posters too.

I dislike noone here, it is human nature that we bond with some people more but that does not make me dislike anyone, it happens that a few strange newcomers post rude or strange posts but those are pretty rare as the forum is well moderated. Not a single poster has ever ridiculed me even if we are talking about our personal lives, mistakes, etc. If I make a mistake I am happy to admit it that I said something wrong. I like this forum and some of the people here so much that I have seriously considered attending a GTG.

I have to say that though not sure what PS was like ten years ago, I do find very interesting threads everywhere, especially in Hangout. Cannot comment on the past but I can say what is my impression of the current PS. Certainly, there are more limitations, I can understand that but it is still a very enjoyable forum overall.

OV-- I think you are fantastic addition to the PS family and I am so happy you are posting here.

Thank you so much for your kind words. Many of the posters on RT are great, and Diamondseeker especially posts more if not as often as I do.

And I agree, it is natural that there are people you bond with differently than others. I'm not a people pleaser and never have been. I am happy to help people. But I the people I worry about pleasing are my husband, my close friends, and myself-- and sometimes my family members. :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1415577673|3780322 said:
JuneBug, I was afraid this might be the case from your previous posts. My father in law had Alzheimer's so I can relate to what your family is going thru and know how difficult it can be. Please know I'm here if you ever need to talk. Please remember to take good care of yourself. Sending gentle hugs your way, Callie

So sorry Callie, just seeing this...thank you so much for the kind words, they are very comforting to me and your kindness really helps - I'm so sorry about your fil as well, such a devastating illness...thanks for thinking of me, I'm very touched!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
packrat|1411876705|3758027 said:
Sometimes people are ignored, or lit into like they're the antichrist..kinda takes some of the fun out of it. I've gotten some new stuff I've not posted on here, and have sold some things in the meantime that I bought and likewise never posted.

I often just turn and walk away (metaphorically speaking). I don't understand why drama is so often conjured up over absolutely nothing . . . a perceived 'tone of voice' or something equally esoteric.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Kenny said:

"Unfortunately often when person A reads the opinion of person B, A assumes B is not just expressing B's opinion.
Rather, A assumes B wants A to adopt that opinion.
This assumption is defective thinking and leads to 64.2154% of the conflicts here on PS."

This.
Perfectly sums it up.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
And Junebug had this to say:

"I'm grateful for that thread (and a few others) because it opened my eyes to the fact that there is an undercurrent of toxicity running below the surface of PS that I can do without."

I wish I didn't agree, because it's so much nicer not to say it . . . but . . . it is what it is.

There is also a great deal of good here at PS. I prefer to embrace that, ultimately. Focusing on the drama, past and present . . . "ain't nobody got time for dat".

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HollyS|1415737478|3781486 said:
And Junebug had this to say:

"I'm grateful for that thread (and a few others) because it opened my eyes to the fact that there is an undercurrent of toxicity running below the surface of PS that I can do without."

I wish I didn't agree, because it's so much nicer not to say it . . . but . . . it is what it is.

There is also a great deal of good here at PS. I prefer to embrace that, ultimately. Focusing on the drama, past and present . . . "ain't nobody got time for dat".

Amen. I find that my life - as in REAL life - is full of rather too much life-shattering/life-altering circumstances as it is, as are the lives of several dear friends. I have zero need for drama anywhere else.

sumitahuja

Rough_Rock
I think there could be lots of reason...

10 year ago house like PS is very less but now there are so many which offer the same and working like Competitor of PS.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results