shape
carat
color
clarity

Wildfishgems crowd funding?

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Umm, VL, can you stick to English? I think it's out of line to write comments directed at one person on a public forum where everyone speaks/writes English and few people know German, verstehen Sie.......

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
For example

aufgewachsen - you mean educated I think - but the meaning of "aufgewachsen" is "grown up" like I am grown up in NY....

So you have to live with my funny english :D

Heat and natural oil is o.k. for my...otherwise I don't buy them.

eastjavaman

Shiny_Rock
digdeep|1415685527|3781089 said:
Umm, VL, can you stick to English? I think it's out of line to write comments directed at one person on a public forum where everyone speaks/writes English and few people know German, verstehen Sie.......

Yes VL, let's not overcomplicate a complicated matter by adding another language. :lol:

Edward Bristol

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I gladly accept your apologies. Happens.

I have already decided to take the crowd-funding down, though I am not convinced it is such bad thing (sure I am not going to make a loss here, but hey, I run a business, remember?)

Before I take it down, please somebody have a look if he can find the words ‘investment’, 'interest rate’, ‘pay back’ or ‘profit’ or such. I can’t.

They were never there (TL, don’t say I faked my website and don't make fun of my typos, I am not as fluent in English as you).

There is the word ‘share’, and ‘fund’, if that has caused discomfort I am sorry.

No 'investment' mentioned anywhere.

Two questions arise:

- Liao, you are here for 2 weeks or so. Why are you so eagerly defaming me? Who is behind you?

- Marlow, you are a trade member. Why do you not ID yourself as such?

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Ed

I am a collector.

I swear I am not a trade person!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I understand what you were trying to do, it just needs to be better thought out and explained differently. When you start talking about gems as investments it starts getting into a grey area legally....

For people wanting untreated gems particularly if you can PROVE they have been ethically sourced - you then have a justification for higher prices than other dealers. The problem as we both know is many gemstones can and do change hands a number of times between the miners and the wholesalers/retailers that end up with them.

Perhaps you should instead be thinking about some incentivised buying programs or something of that nature where people can buy gems over a period of time and they know they are specifically buying untreated (& perhaps ethically sourced?) gems and paying a premium for both.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quotation as requested by Ed:
Every 12 months the shareholder can decide:
Choose a gem inside your preference at 125% of your initial share value.
If you invested $10k, you have a credit of $12,500 after one year.
Put the gem in your pocket. Tax-free.
Leave 'your gem' in the fund and have $15,625 gemstone credit after two years.

I was sure I saw a comparison to a bank's 0.5% interest rate but do not see it today. :confused:

Regardless of the wording, just the idea of how this works still does not sit right with my conscience. JMHO.

Edward Bristol

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Chrono|1415709395|3781198 said:

I was sure I saw a comparison to a bank's 0.5% interest rate but do not see it today. :confused:

Regardless of the wording, just the idea of how this works still does not sit right with my conscience. JMHO.

Yes, true, bad wording. Mea culpa.

Edward Bristol

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Chrono|1415709395|3781198 said:

Yes, true, bad wording. Should have said 'started with' or so. Mea culpa. But I am not saying "Invest 10k and earn 25% return."

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Edward Bristol|1415700369|3781159 said:
They were never there (TL, don’t say I faked my website and don't make fun of my typos, I am not as fluent in English as you).

I'm not sure if you're joking Ed, but I would never say your website is fake. I also never ever accused you of a ponzi or pyramid scheme. In fact, when I first said, "what if you're not around in five years," I was seriously actually thinking, "what if you went out of business in five years time, and you had no stock because you had to liquidate your assets." It can happen to any vendor, as you said yourself, this is a tough business.

eastjavaman

Shiny_Rock
TL|1415623105|3780521 said:
Edward Bristol|1415622201|3780510 said:
I am not allowed to tell you why I think that ruby is special, but there is a threat on that topic.

What are you talking about????

What threat? No one is threatening you. Here's the thread, anyone can read it.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/100-ruby-challenge.201810/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/100-ruby-challenge.201810/[/URL]

If WLT tells me that you're a donator, then fine, I'll believe them, and post it here, but again, this charity is marketing on your behalf. Why not highlight the rainforest issues instead, and be a silent donator? I think that's a lot more tasteful, especially in lieu of your markups. Slapping charity logos all over a webpage for a investment scheme is just . . .

I think Ed typo-ed thread. :read:

Edward Bristol

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Chrono, below is the place where I spoke of banking interest rates.

Edward Bristol|1415564695|3780229 said:
First of all:

Marlow, I offer you a deal:

If you can make that $200 stone to anything similar to my stone (cobalt, precision, certified etc.), I give you my gem for free and throw in an acre of rainforest.

If you can’t (say in 6 months) you buy the acre of rainforest.

The PS community will judge. Deal?

About the share-business:

This was actually a customer’s idea/request and I have done similar deals several times over the last years because I was asked to.

A customer puts in X today and chooses a gem next year with X%+. Nothing else. Very simple.

People do that when they have cash in hand, but can’t decide for a gem or want to wait for something special and hate to get 0.5% interest rates at their bank (and I assume they trust me more than their banker)

Or, I have several customers who sent me X every month for years now and from time to time choose a gem themselves.

Taking this as a clue for a market demand I tried to formalize the offer. That was all.

I sold 10+ shares mostly to old time customers in the first 2 weeks and that was that.

So, there is no pyramid, snow-ball system or anything. And I am not rolling in cash here.

If really everybody thinks this is such a terrible idea, I will take it offline.

However, I must of course keep my deal with those who have bought shares and if somebody asks me for more, I cannot refuse.

As for my photos, again, they are all all done with a simple camera in normal daylight, no photoshop, and I have handshots and usually different backgrounds and if somebody wants a different image I make it. I must have gotten good over 12 years of gem photography, but I never try to mislead anybody because I hate returns.

Edward Bristol

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
TL|1415622282|3780513 said:
I am not allowed to tell you why I think that ruby is special, but there is a threat on that topic.

28_acres_in_columbia_1200.jpg

Absolutely!!!

So? That can be forged. How does it tie back to the charity? Where's your receipt Ed?

TL, here you claim I forged the world trust certificate.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Ed, for clarifying. :wavey:

Edward Bristol

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
TL|1415711805|3781228 said:
Edward Bristol|1415700369|3781159 said:

I also never ever accused you of a ponzi or pyramid scheme.

Yes, thanks, I noted that.

If the OP does not explain himself, may I ask for his removal from the user list?

I had a lawyer contacting me and offering to sue Mr "Liao" but I declined. Yet, I hope he will not be allowed to libel again, at least not here.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Edward Bristol|1415722064|3781319 said:
If the OP does not explain himself, may I ask for his removal from the user list?

Ed,
That is between Liao and Ella. As long as he has not broken any PS forum rules, he is allowed to stay (per the PS forum rules).

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Edward Bristol|1415719478|3781291 said:
TL|1415622282|3780513 said:

28_acres_in_columbia_1200.jpg

Absolutely!!!

So? That can be forged. How does it tie back to the charity? Where's your receipt Ed?

TL, here you claim I forged the world trust certificate.

I personally require verification when someone puts out lots of claims, like you do. It's one thing to say, "oh I support umpteenth charities, give money to this one and that one, etc. . . "

I don't know if you forged that certificate, and I never said that was definitively a forgery. I just implied that anyone can do that. I am the type of consumer that requires verification on any major claims, especially when they're used as major marketing tools. It was a bit harsh a comment, and I apologize for that, but I was extremely frustrated, as I said before, because all I see is talk with nothing to back it up. However, if you do support those charities on your own, then great. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results