shape
carat
color
clarity

Am I expecting too much?

1138sw

Rough_Rock
Hello!! First post here but have been a lurker for a bit,..
Anyway, my fiancé proposed to me last month and at the time gave me a plain gold band so that we could plan the e- ring out together as he knew I did not want a diamond.
We found a beautiful chrysoberyl and I chose a setting from Adzia to set it in. On oct 13th, I paid the deposit to Michael at adzia and waited patiently on the CAD. On October 22, he sent the CAD over and we approved them and asked him to proceed. He stated the turn around would be 10 days give or take a day. I patiently waited 10 business days and then sent a follow up email as I was just too excited and wanted to know everything was ok with the ring. Michael informed me that he was setting the stones and should have it done by Friday, if not then on Monday.
Last night, I sent another email as I thought by now the work would be done. I received this response. "Thanks for checking in. Because of my work load I haven't been able to complete the work on your ring, but I do plan on completing it this week. As soon as I have it ready, you will hear from me."
I know a lot of rings take between 6-8 weeks to be completed and I would be ok with that if I was told that when I first gave the ok to proceed after the CAD was done. I just feel like now I am being pushed back.
Do you guys have any feedback or advice for this overly anxious girl?

Thank you!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like to be understanding of the situation my vendor is undergoing but too many shifts in dates bothers me too. Be upfront and tell Michael to give you a drop dead date and to stick to it. Reiterate that you need the ring by "X" date because you need the ring for XYZ reason(s). I worked with Adzia once and the continual shift in promised dates drove me crazy enough to cancel the project (and sacrifice my deposit). He did come through in the end though.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results