shape
carat
color
clarity

Demantoid Garnet necklace

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock
Just wanted to share this Demantoid garnet necklace, 13 stones. Origin - Russia

It is 4.31 total carat weight, set in 18k white gold. I love the design of the necklace.

Hope the certificate is legible, but probably not after it gets shrunk for space. :(

_23734.jpg

_23735.jpg

_23736.jpg

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning. Seriously, I don't even have words.

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, deskjockey! I thought it was unique.

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock
I don't think I've ever seen a demantoid necklace like that! Very pretty!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a necklace! I wish the words on the lab report is larger though. As it is, I can barely read it even when squinting. :lol:

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Really, seriously beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Have you just purchased it?

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock
Hi! Thank you for the comments. Actually, I purchased it a couple years ago, was re-admiring it and decided to post it.

Chrono,I'll try to take a closer-up shot of the certificate for you. =)

The photos are just with my iPad, I don't have any good cameras for closer-ups right now.

Thanks for checking in!

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the response - I do hope you wear it and not just admire it ;)) It deserves to be worn often and the simple design lends itself to many outfits.

While you're taking the close up for Chrono... could you please take a close up of (part of) the necklace for us too?

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock
Hi, Starzin,

Ok, I'll do my best. All of my good cameras are on the blink, but I'll try to get some closer, good shots later! :))

I'm at a festival today. :appl:

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
gemandjewelrylover|1415081744|3777212 said:
Hi, Starzin,

Ok, I'll do my best. All of my good cameras are on the blink, but I'll try to get some closer, good shots later! :))

I'm at a festival today. :appl:
Thanks and do hope you enjoyed the festival :))

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I'm gawping. That is really gorgeous -- I hope you wear it A LOT. It deserves it. Is it modern or antique? The design is quintessentially modern but could also be old. My first thought was the sheer TIME it took to source demantoids that match.

I would love to see a neck photo of Her Gorgeous Majesty on you! Thanks for sharing it with us.

--- Laurie

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mm I would totally wear that, like all the time. Is it yours? congratulations :love: .

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock
Hi, all!

Thank you for the posts. I'm trying to get decent pictures with my limited equipment, but here goes:

_23885.jpg

_23886.jpg

_23887.jpg

_23888.jpg

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock
A few more shots:

Still have to dig out the report, Chrono- will take a little longer.

Yes, it's modern, Jewelfreak. I like the simplicity yet uniqueness of it.
Neck shots--- no success on any good ones tonight! Might try again later or find a better neck for that! Lol

Pregcurious, Starzin, PartGypsy, thank you for the feedback!
I enjoyed the festival, and I feel priveliged to own this! :razz:

_23889.jpg

_23890.jpg

_23891.jpg

_23892.jpg

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Just fabulous! Thanks sooo much for the close ups :appl:

Do I detect that some of those stones have the desired horsetails? Where were you fortunate enough to pick up this amazing piece?

In any case thanks for sharing and wear it with happiness and good health!

redcoffe

Rough_Rock
Trade
In any case thanks for sharing and wear it with happiness and good health!

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, Starzin!

Yes, most of the stones do have the horsetails. I got it from my gem dealer here in Japan-- he gets the most amazing pieces. Often the settings grab me as much as the stones, as in this case. I did think having so many matched Demantoids in such an elegant necklace setting was a must-have!

They normally never state provenance on the reports, but in this case they did, because there is no mistaking Demantoids from Russia. :dance:

Thank you too, redcoffe.

:wavey:

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
And I bet it looks so much better in person! Thanks for sharing.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are well matched for colour, size and all. Congrats on a lovely necklace!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great piece! WOW!

cheers--Sharon

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, Chrono and Canuk-gal!

They are pretty well matched. The sizes are graduated, with the ones higher up on the necklace, towards the clasp, being smaller. But the main, front ones are pretty uniform in size.

I'll dig out the report soon when I get a chance!

:))

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I can't think how long it must have taken to find demantoids that matched & were the right sizes. Holy cow, what a project. It's just so beautifully made & designed, I'm in love with it. Privileged to own it -- what a super attitude, Gemandjewelrylover, just great. Hey, if I hop a plane to Tokyo, will you take me to your jeweler? Worth the trip just to see what else this wonder has! :$$): :love:

--- Laurie

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
gemandjewelrylover|1415351254|3779024 said:
Thank you, Starzin!

Yes, most of the stones do have the horsetails. I got it from my gem dealer here in Japan-- he gets the most amazing pieces. Often the settings grab me as much as the stones, as in this case. I did think having so many matched Demantoids in such an elegant necklace setting was a must-have!

They normally never state provenance on the reports, but in this case they did, because there is no mistaking Demantoids from Russia. :dance:

Thank you too, redcoffe.

You're welcome. Must have is right! Lucky you having a jeweller with the eye for rarity, quality and design! Thanks again ;))

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock
JewelFreak|1415407638|3779520 said:
I can't think how long it must have taken to find demantoids that matched & were the right sizes. Holy cow, what a project. It's just so beautifully made & designed, I'm in love with it. Privileged to own it -- what a super attitude, Gemandjewelrylover, just great. Hey, if I hop a plane to Tokyo, will you take me to your jeweler? Worth the trip just to see what else this wonder has! :$$): :love:

--- Laurie

I'm actually not in Tokyo, I'm further south, about an hour from Osaka.
Of course, I'd be happy to help, if you come! I could be your translator, although he does speak English. :)
But a caveat: this is Japan, and they do business a little different here. I think in one of my previous posts you said you were familiar with Japan so you know the culture? (I think it was you?) 8-)

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock
Starzin|1415416371|3779557 said:
gemandjewelrylover|1415351254|3779024 said:
Thank you, Starzin!

Thank you too, redcoffe.

You're welcome. Must have is right! Lucky you having a jeweller with the eye for rarity, quality and design! Thanks again ;))

Yes, I am, and yes he does! Like I said in a previous post (in a different thread), his shop is like "Gem Hunt" in reverse! :lol:

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock
Ok, Chrono, I got some closer shots of the report...hope you can read them! =)

_23943.jpg

_23944.jpg

_23945.jpg

_23946.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results