shape
carat
color
clarity

Black & White

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
I've been working with Chenai for awhile on this project and want to share the current rendition. I fell in love with the Knightley strand but wanted something longer and smaller mm so this is what Chenai has come up with. It'll be 26" (I believe!) with white SS and Tahitian pearls. I'm torn between the symmetrical look (shown) and a non-symmetrical design. I will use a pearl shortener to wear it shorter but I think the longer length will look fantastic over turtlenecks & sweaters. Obviously this is not a glamour shot - she took this with her cell phone. What do you think - symmetrical or not?

20141106_173111.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
My personal tastes are for nothing symmetrical. BUT that is a gorgeous strand, and i love the way you have it lengthened. It will be stunning either way! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
I am all about symmetry, I would love this strand, lucky you! :love: :love:

20141106_173111.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is really lovely, pkinnew! What size are the pearls? I would opt for asymmetry because I usually find it more interesting to look at but you can't go wrong with this layout either. I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures of the final product!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a tough call. Do you have pictures of the asymmetrical version? If so, I'd say go with whichever one makes your heart sing.

Those are beautiful pearls though. The luster on the WSS is particularly nice!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
This is going to be one stunning necklace, no matter how you choose to arrange the pearls! What size are the pearls?

What do you mean by asymmetrical, different pattern in each side? I think I would try some sort of disorganized symmetry, as with first alternate every pearl one white one black, then alternate every two, two white two black? Or some other pattern like that, perhaps play with beads or buttons in those colours until you find a pattern that you like.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks all for the feedback! Chenai is working on an asymmetric design, random groupings of 1, 2 and 3 pearls of the same type together. I've also asked her about the mm sizes (I believe they are 9-11 mm) and the Tahitian overtones. I can't wait to compare the two!

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I think that over time, you'll be happier with symmetry, as the years go by.

Maybe if they were freshwaters, asymmetrical would be more fun. For SS and T, I vote for classic elegance.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely pearls. My preference would be a random mix all the way around with a decorative clasp that could be worn in front as well as in back.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I like the symmetrical design of this, but will wait for Chenai's asymmetrical design before I decide for sure. It will be stunning either way.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
For me, asymmetrical hands down. It will be stunning whichever way you choose, though! Please post other options Chennai comes up with so we can drool with you!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1415405356|3779504 said:
For me, asymmetrical hands down. It will be stunning whichever way you choose, though! Please post other options Chennai comes up with so we can drool with you!
Ditto.

Symmetric is nice, but asymmetric is what makes my heart go pitty-pat. Besides, then you don't need to worry when the strand walks a bit during the day. :wink2: In any case, it's personal so go with the look you prefer.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I like this one of Litgeek's. Hope it's okay to copy it.

date_pearls_1_.jpg

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Here's the new design! Love it!!!

nov_07_2014_2.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Really gorgeous! I think you have a winner!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for asymmetric.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Amazing, the symmetric layout was beautiful but this one looks spectacular, it has drama added, very sophisticated.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
fabulous!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love version 2.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I like the asymmetrical now, too, but at the same time, I find myself wanting to rearrange the pearls.

I am no help whatsoever.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for the asymmetry of Version 2 - to me, it looks fresh and elegant and versatile - just lovely and eminently wearable.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I like that last version.

Now don't take offence, but I would prefer you not have four darker pearls on the right (a lighter gray among four). My mind (being a landscaper) would prefer to see five, three, one. Four there doesn't look quite right to me...but I do have a strange brain at times...

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Love version 2 it is perfect. So it has my vote.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I definitely prefer the second one. But its worth taking Pattyes advice and just having a look at how it will look on by having it strung on some wire and then photos around someones neck. I'm sure it's going to be wonderful..but it saves redoing something and all the shipping around if it's not quite right.

That said...love it love it love it !! :appl:

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I thought the first version was lovely, but the asymmetric version is really stunning. I think the longer length and smaller diameter pearls lend themselves well to an asymmetric design.

michellechan2211

Shiny_Rock
The asymmetric version is really extraordinary and gorgeous: Please do post pics if you decide on it!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
pkinnew|1415456495|3779692 said:
Here's the new design! Love it!!!

THIS THIS THIS!!!!
But the first one was a show stopper too!

But THIS ONE!!!! :wall: :wall: :love: :love: :wall: :wall: :naughty: :naughty:

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
The minute I saw the asymmetical strand that was it for me! I guess I should have known since the white & gold SS strand I have is mixed too! I will ask Chenai to string them temporarily and get neck shots too!

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Begonia|1415491892|3779901 said:
I like that last version.

Now don't take offence, but I would prefer you not have four darker pearls on the right (a lighter gray among four). My mind (being a landscaper) would prefer to see five, three, one. Four there doesn't look quite right to me...but I do have a strange brain at times...
Maybe I have a strange brain too, because the fours ... well, there's four dark and four white, on the right side. I'd break those up into odds, as well.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Ok now how about the clasp? I believe I saw in other posts that the PP Orbit clasp can be used to shorten pearls and also make a lariat - is that correct? That might be a good choice for this strand since it'll be 26" long. Chenai is stringing them now temporarily and I can't wait to see neck shots!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results