shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this doable?

soocool

Ideal_Rock
My DH is such an enabler! He has asked me why I do not wear my 2.0 ct WF diamond huggies more often. While I truly love them they are a royal pain to get through the holes. Sometimes they go in very easily and other times not so much. So I complained that I probably should have gotten diamond studs instead. (Don't worry DD said she would take the huggies off my hands if I don't want them anymore). He said if you want studs, go get studs.

Now he did not give me a budget which I hate because I don't want to spend a certain amount and he will give me that look that guys will give you when they give you a blank check and then hyperventilate when it is more than they had hoped you would spend. So I determined $2000 is reasonable. I do know 2 things, first, I want a bezel setting and secondly, I want the setting in platinum. (Eventually, I may add jackets when DH feels a need to buy me something).

So is it possible to get tcwt of 1.0 diamond studs in a platinum bezel setting for $2 grand (is it possible to get even larger stones like .6 each) ? I am ok with J or even K color stones with clarity of s1 or even s2? Which PS vendors would you consider for these studs?

RockyRacoon

Brilliant_Rock
Here are a couple of options in the world of 'pre-made' bezel settings:

0.75ctw Platinum "Handmade Full-Bezel" Diamond Earrings - (H/SI) - $1818
http://www.whiteflash.com/diamond-earrings/handmade-full-bezel-diamond-earrings-975.htm

1.00ctw Platinum "Handmade Full-Bezel" Diamond Earrings - (H/I/SI) - $3,196
http://www.whiteflash.com/diamond-earrings/handmade-full-bezel-diamond-earrings-976.htm

I put together a pair of bezel studs through GOG. They were able to source matching stones for me, and provided a very reasonable price on the setting. The result was AWESOME. Might be worth exploring that avenue.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went bgd and asked them to seek out gia k's that are excellent cut with fluor. They did a great job sourcing!

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Rocky, Thanks for the link for the preset bezels. Seemed a little high to me. I think I want to go to a local jeweler to see how a .5ct will look on my ear. I don't want it too big if I decide eventually to get earring jackets. I will keep GOG in mind.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
No sooner did I post this thread, then my computer completely died. Now the money I budgeted for the studs has to go elsewhere. I knew it was too good to be true. Thanks anyway for your help.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
soocool|1415147928|3777592 said:
No sooner did I post this thread, then my computer completely died. Now the money I budgeted for the studs has to go elsewhere. I knew it was too good to be true. Thanks anyway for your help.

Soocool, that sucks! Maybe your friendly neighborhood computer expert will be able to resuscitate it ...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results