shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of these sapphires?

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Need some help from the CS experts! These two pairs of sapphires are from the same vendor. The first is described as medium blue and the other as medium-light blue. The pictures are taken in diffuse outdoor lighting. I'm really having trouble deciding if either is worth ordering. They can be returned but I"ll be out about $40 in shipping costs. What I'm looking for is a pair with medium blue color that will not get too dark in a bezel setting. Would really appreciate your thoughts!

sapphs1.jpg

sapphs2.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find that sapphires appear their best in diffuse outdoor lighting, so I would assume that you are seeing these stones at their very best. They are pretty, but lack some saturation so they will never appear to be that rich, intense color, but more of a slightly greyish blue. I might ask the vendor what the stones do in other lighting situations (from my experience, if they lack saturation in outdoor diffuse light, they will likely appear even more de-saturated (or greyish) in other lighting conditions). It would come down to price for me as stones of this color are not super rare and might be found cheaper elsewhere.

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks Minousbijoux! I was wondering if it's just the pictures but they don't look saturated to me either. I think I"m going to pass on these. Man, it's really tough to find small matching stones of good quality!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These do not look saturated to me as well. Try Wink Jones - yes, it is a diamond website but he's also a gemstone lover and knows his CS. He sourced me a pair of round blue sapphire sidestones that were of fantastic quality (not dark yet very well saturated).
http://highperformancediamonds.com

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1415020619|3776713 said:
These do not look saturated to me as well. Try Wink Jones - yes, it is a diamond website but he's also a gemstone lover and knows his CS. He sourced me a pair of round blue sapphire sidestones that were of fantastic quality (not dark yet very well saturated).
http://highperformancediamonds.com

I had no idea Wink was good with CSes as well! That is very good to know.

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks Chrono! Definitely good to know that Wink can source colored stones too!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Plus Wink is an all around awesome guy. :wacko:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results