shape
carat
color
clarity

What to wear with my eternity band???

Jwantsaweddingband

Rough_Rock
I've gone about this a little backwards:
I have a lovely 6+ carat asscher-cut diamond eternity band that I have worn, alone, on my left ring finger for several years.
I am now interested in adding a narrow wedding band. Since the eternity band is quite tall, plain bands sit too low against my finger, looking weird and out of scale. I am willing to consider a band with diamonds, but it must be tall enough to look good next to the eternity band, and it needs to be narrow overall. Any suggestions for rings that have a substantially larger outer diameter compared to their inner diameter???

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Have you seen the "Lace" bands from Michael B? Lovely workmanship, and a fairly "tall" rise on the finger ....

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Maybe a knife edge band?

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
We would love to see a photo. How high off your finger is the band? You may need to have one custom made. You are right, if the band is too low, to me, it looks off. I ordered bands, to wear on either side of my eternity, and they sat too low. I ended up having David Klass make me bands that were 1.75mm wide and 2mm high.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have a 6ct round eternity. I went through the same dilemma last summer. Decided I wanted something to dress it up. Even contacted my go to vender WF to discuss. The long & short of it is this: that 6 CT band is quite the star, & as Bob Hoskins said: it doesn't need anything!

I decided by adding another band, it would do more to detract, rather than do anything to improve. He was right! That's just my opinion/experience of course. But think long & hard about what you are trying to achieve. I think that after a while, that ring does not look as quite as 'big' as it originally did. & for me, that was where I was. With 20/20 hindsight, I now realize it is indeed better off without something else. I look forward to seeing what you decide! :wavey:

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
sarahb|1415056034|3777026 said:
I have a 6ct round eternity. I went through the same dilemma last summer. Decided I wanted something to dress it up. Even contacted my go to vender WF to discuss. The long & short of it is this: that 6 CT band is quite the star, & as Bob Hoskins said: it doesn't need anything!

I decided by adding another band, it would do more to detract, rather than do anything to improve. He was right! That's just my opinion/experience of course. But think long & hard about what you are trying to achieve. I think that after a while, that ring does not look as quite as 'big' as it originally did. & for me, that was where I was. With 20/20 hindsight, I now realize it is indeed better off without something else. I look forward to seeing what you decide! :wavey:
My thoughts exactly

lovemybling

Brilliant_Rock
I know that I had a similar problem with my eternity band. For me it was the setting that was lacking. Maybe that could be the problem
I needed something that was sparkly and pretty from the sides as well as from the top view.

img_5967.jpg

img_5968.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you're looking for a stacker to have a more substantial look sometime, I'd suggest stacking a colored eternity next to your asscher eternity. I have a 3ct eternity and occasionally stack a blue sapphire eternity next to it for a bigger look.

20140407_1.jpg

Jwantsaweddingband

Rough_Rock
Thanks, everyone, for the suggestions.
I have not made up my mind yet, but am seriously considering either a knife edge band, or a custom tall thin band.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results