shape
carat
color
clarity

BB cream recommendations?

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also use the Missha occasionally. I don't think I'll get through the tube before it expires. I find it a bit too heavy for everyday wear. On some people, it oxidizes a bit greyish. If I want something truly light but with a bit of sunscreen, I use Maybelline BB cream. It's more of a tinted moisturizer. I'm just finding that as I get older, my skin gets drier even though I do moisturize before applying makeup. So foundation is getting tricky for me. It shows up easier than it used to, and tends to look unnatural. YMMV.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just ordered samples of 2 different Missha BB creams.

I'll let you guys know what I think when I get them.

Some time this week I might go to the mall and Sephora to try the Clinique, etc.

Lyra - same here. My skin has definitely gotten drier. I moisturize with Jojoba Oil and that doesn't feel like too much at all. So it's really tricky to not have products emphasize the dryness. At the same time, dewy does not look good on my skin - I have big pores so dewy looks shiny/greasy.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I am not a fan of Missha. I find that it clogs pores.

I use Maybelline base BB ... followed by Dr. Jart (love this brand).

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Charmy it's funny, a lot of makeup causes me to break out, but my Misha actually helps my skin.

I bought 21 and 27 and blend them together to get the right shade. Also because I tan easily I need more 27 and less 21 in the summer and the reverse in the winter when I am pale. That's why the two tubes have lasted forever for me, because I use both.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1414911994|3776262 said:
Charmy it's funny, a lot of makeup causes me to break out, but my Misha actually helps my skin.

I bought 21 and 27 and blend them together to get the right shade. Also because I tan easily I need more 27 and less 21 in the summer and the reverse in the winter when I am pale. That's why the two tubes have lasted forever for me, because I use both.

Is 27 similar shade (but darker) to 21? I have to stop using 21 over the summer and 23 was not a match to my skin tone. That's why I temporarily switched to Clinique. I rather go with Missha though. I agree, it has not made my combo/oily skin break out. The clarisonic on the other hand :nono:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tacori E-ring|1414977301|3776554 said:
Gypsy|1414911994|3776262 said:

Is 27 similar shade (but darker) to 21? I have to stop using 21 over the summer and 23 was not a match to my skin tone. That's why I temporarily switched to Clinique. I rather go with Missha though. I agree, it has not made my combo/oily skin break out. The clarisonic on the other hand :nono:

It's significantly darker Tacori and more yellowish. I can't use it alone. I find this is an accurate image of them: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-eK6Zm9lnVm0/Tu5KNk1CKgI/AAAAAAAAATg/wqsSeROkAoE/s1600/comparisonswatches.jpg

But when I mix them, it works perfectly for my skin. But I have an olive complexion.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't think that will work for me. I am pretty pale. Maybe if I mix 23 and 21...hmmm... Good thing my tan is fading and I can go back to using 21.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
That might be a good idea. I'm darker than you.

dawnxcui

Shiny_Rock
i use the bobbi brown bb cream from sephora. it's very sheer and i love it.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wanted to let you know I tried the Missha BB cream and I really liked it. I found it to be as much coverage as a foundation - it was less "creamy/light" than I expected, but at the same time it felt less heavy on my skin than full blown foundation. I know some of you mentioned mixing it with a moisturizer, but I would be concerned with doing that for fear it may affect the effectiveness of the sunscreen.

They sent me a few little packets and out of the colors they sent the 23 and the 31 look best - the 23 looks the most natural, the 31 adds a tiny hint of yellow which wakes up my complexion a bit without it being too yellow or looking like I have a mask.

The only color I haven't tried is #13 but I have a feeling that's going to be way too pale / off for me (21 was a little too pale and looked grayish on me - so I'm thinking 13 will be worse.)

I might order both the 23 and the 31 - it's on sale! http://www.misshaus.com/all/makeup/face/bb-cream/m-perfect-cover-bb-cream-spf-42-pa.html

I still have to try the Clinique...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
CJ2008|1418088793|3797981 said:
Wanted to let you know I tried the Missha BB cream and I really liked it. I found it to be as much coverage as a foundation - it was less "creamy/light" than I expected, but at the same time it felt less heavy on my skin than full blown foundation. I know some of you mentioned mixing it with a moisturizer, but I would be concerned with doing that for fear it may affect the effectiveness of the sunscreen.

They sent me a few little packets and out of the colors they sent the 23 and the 31 look best - the 23 looks the most natural, the 31 adds a tiny hint of yellow which wakes up my complexion a bit without it being too yellow or looking like I have a mask.

The only color I haven't tried is #13 but I have a feeling that's going to be way too pale / off for me (21 was a little too pale and looked grayish on me - so I'm thinking 13 will be worse.)

I might order both the 23 and the 31 - it's on sale! http://www.misshaus.com/all/makeup/face/bb-cream/m-perfect-cover-bb-cream-spf-42-pa.html

Glad you liked it! For me, it is the perfect coverage. Thanks for telling us about the sale. Just ordered another tube for the winter.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh a sale. I'm thinking of trying it too given so many good reviews.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ, I either put on moisturizer with SPF30 prior to the application of the BB cream or just simple sunscreen first.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
baby monster|1418147972|3798329 said:
Ohhh a sale. I'm thinking of trying it too given so many good reviews.

If you think of it as more of a medium coverage foundation (to me that was more the feel / coverage of it) I think you'll like it (assuming one of the shades matches your skin tone well).

The one thing I noticed...after wearing it for 2 days back to back, I did develop a slightly red bump/pimple on one cheek - I am not 100% sure that's what caused it, but I don't often break out, so I will be on the lookout for that, since some of you mentioned it can clog pores.

Why don't you ask them for some samples? You should get them in time to try it out and still make the sale (it ends 12/28).

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tacori E-ring|1418092998|3798007 said:
CJ2008|1418088793|3797981 said:

Glad you liked it! For me, it is the perfect coverage. Thanks for telling us about the sale. Just ordered another tube for the winter.

Thanks! And you're welcome, glad you got to get another tube on sale! And yes, it's great coverage (I need it). What I've found with most other BB creams I tried is that they provide no coverage at all, just a little color, so it does not hide any redness or even out my skin tone.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1418148325|3798333 said:
CJ, I either put on moisturizer with SPF30 prior to the application of the BB cream or just simple sunscreen first.

Believe it or not, I'm cautious with doing that too - I feel like sunscreens (based on some things I've read) are formulated very specifically and I am afraid that one sunscreen or ingredient may affect the efficacy of the other. So when something has sunscreen in it I try to only use IT as my sunscreen.

Probably overcautious, but I need to protect my skin otherwise I get more red and more brown spots :sick: I feel it's the one thing I can somewhat control about aging...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The amount of BB cream I use is so little that I doubt it provides any SPF protection whatsoever.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results