shape
carat
color
clarity

Reputable Jade/Jadeite (Bangle) Online Vendors?

dawnxcui

Shiny_Rock
what are some reputable jade bangle vendors out there?
i have a hand-me-down bangle from my grandma/mom and love the color and imperfections within it.
however, it's way too big for my wrist and would like to get a bangle that fits my wrist.
let me know if you know any reputable vendors online that i can trust buying from.

thanks!

img_20141029_141714.jpg

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Reputable vendor and jade ......?

There is an Ebay vendor - luckyminerals - they offer rare burmese gems and other stuff including "jadeite" bangles - cheap and bad pictures but I got what I ordered ( Pargasite faceted)...

They look o.k. - which means it looks natural and not like plastic or glass or....

Treatment - A, B, C G, Z jade - who knows???

dm-smith

Rough_Rock
if you re interested in nephrite jade, I will recommend:
http://www.jademine.com/index.php/

they have several decent nephrite. I can't recommend any vendor for jadeite. You have to be really careful, in 2014 alone, there are two new ways to treat jadeite. Recently I also found some chalcedony that share too many characteristic with Jadeite.

liao

Shiny_Rock
dawnxcui|1414606938|3774550 said:
i have a hand-me-down bangle from my grandma/mom and love the color and imperfections within it.
however, it's way too big for my wrist and would like to get a bangle that fits my wrist.
let me know if you know any reputable vendors online that i can trust buying from.

thanks!

I cannot recommend you any reputable jade vendor. However, I can show you type of jadeite you might want

This is the real imperial jadeite. it has to have a nice waxy luster, and it 'glow' and turn light green under 300 lux light. There are quite few imperial jadeite, but only few of the highest quality has this quality

realjadeite.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have any online vendor I can recommend either but wanted to chime in to say your bangle is lovely. Yes, do watch out for simulants (lots and lots of different jadeite lookalikes) and treatment (bleach, dye and fillers).

dawnxcui

Shiny_Rock
thanks guys.
if i'm not mistaking, nephrite jade is mostly green looking?
what are white jade called? (dont tell me it's called white jade...i'll feel stupid)
or very light green colored jade.
i think i prefer the "see through" look when it comes to bangles and not solid green colors

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All those colours are jadeite, much the same way there is blue sapphire, yellow sapphire, green sapphire, etc. The transparency relates to the clarity. The non-see-through (opaque) are of lower quality. The see-through ones (translucent) are considered to have finer clarity and quality. It is much easier to get that translucent quality in light coloured jadeite than the rich imperial green.

liao

Shiny_Rock
dawnxcui|1414697831|3775114 said:
thanks guys.
if i'm not mistaking, nephrite jade is mostly green looking?
what are white jade called? (dont tell me it's called white jade...i'll feel stupid)
or very light green colored jade.
i think i prefer the "see through" look when it comes to bangles and not solid green colors

I'm not familiar with nephrite, but most of them are white/gray with some yellow/brown stain on it.

my friend, we call it white jade

However if u want some translucent jade, people call it "icy jade"

The pic that I posted before is an imperial jade with some icy jade's properties. Here's some reference of jade I am talking about:
http://www.sothebys.com/en/auctions/ecatalogue/2014/magnificent-jewels-jadeite-hk0518/lot.1906.html
http://www.sothebys.com/en/auctions/ecatalogue/2014/magnificent-jewels-jadeite-hk0518/lot.1847.html
http://www.sothebys.com/en/auctions/ecatalogue/2014/magnificent-jewels-jadeite-hk0518/lot.1660.html

every single bead of that necklace is imperial jade with some icy jade's properties. can't you imagine how rare is that necklace :love:

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
liao|1414645861|3774844 said:
dawnxcui|1414606938|3774550 said:

thanks!

I cannot recommend you any reputable jade vendor. However, I can show you type of jadeite you might want

This is the real imperial jadeite. it has to have a nice waxy luster, and it 'glow' and turn light green under 300 lux light. There are quite few imperial jadeite, but only few of the highest quality has this quality

Oh man, that's an absolutely beautiful piece of jadeite! Is it yours? May we have specs? :naughty:

liao

Shiny_Rock
it used to be mine until the valentine of 2011, someone bought that jade. it is a burmese jadeite. I bought it from a burmese collector around 30 years ago. it used to be pair, but the previous collector want to keep the other half :(
dimension: 10cm x 5cm x 4cm

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
liao|1414865372|3776044 said:
it used to be mine until the valentine of 2011, someone bought that jade. it is a burmese jadeite. I bought it from a burmese collector around 30 years ago. it used to be pair, but the previous collector want to keep the other half :(

Dreamy.

I do hope you stick around here and continue making posts. :wavey:

liao

Shiny_Rock
LoversKites|1414868285|3776065 said:
liao|1414865372|3776044 said:

Dreamy.

I do hope you stick around here and continue making posts. :wavey:

I will! I promise :love:

Honestly, I regret to sell that beautiful jade, but that chinese guy just made me an offer i can't refuse. The number of zero made me think that I can paid all US government debt

it is a joke :naughty:

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
No, not a joke!

Thats why we in europe never see this quality of jadeite - Chinese buy so much money for a piece like that. But it is o.k. - it is a magical gem for them....

This piece is unbelievable beautiful!!!!

liao

Shiny_Rock
Marlow|1414884058|3776151 said:
No, not a joke!

Thats why we in europe never see this quality of jadeite - Chinese buy so much money for a piece like that. But it is o.k. - it is a magical gem for them....

This piece is unbelievable beautiful!!!!

I meant the us government debt thing is a joke :angel:

really... you have not seen any jadeite of this quality in europe? British museum alone has several pieces that have the same or better quality compare to this one! as you can see, the jadeite above has a little part in the middle that does not "glow".

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
I understood your joke but chinese pay a lot of money for imperial jade :D

No, I have bought some cabs from a collector who traveled several times to asia. It is white jadeite mixed with emerald green. But pure emerald or better vivid green natural untreated jadeite - never seen.

How do they call this white/green jadeite - I wrote "moss in snow"?

Two cabs are extremely thin - less then 1mm!

liao

Shiny_Rock
Marlow|1414888426|3776173 said:
I understood your joke but chinese pay a lot of money for imperial jade :D

No, I have bought some cabs from a collector who traveled several times to asia. It is white jadeite mixed with emerald green. But pure emerald or better vivid green natural untreated jadeite - never seen.

How do they call this white/green jadeite - I wrote "moss in snow"?

Two cabs are extremely thin - less then 1mm!

Exactly! moss in snow jadeite :angel:

you cannot find any high quality jadeite in any regular market, even high quality rough in burma! There are an annual jadeite auction in burma, and you can find several decent quality rough jadeite. However, you will not fine anything close to the jadeite in pic above. Money alone will not get you anywhere close to the top of the line jadeite. trust me. If you really want that kind of jadeite, you need to build your own network with burmese mine owners, collector, and others.

In case you are interested on the auction I am talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-SQKgwEnrQ

However, the best jadeite you can get from that kind of auction is something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbCHo6i2CPg

it has the waxy luster and imperial jade color, but it is lacking of the icy jadeite property. Well, you need much stronger light source the make it 'glow'

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results