shape
carat
color
clarity

Which of these two for a Halo setting I vs G (pics)

heyyoumob

Rough_Rock

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
So these are from Brilliantly Engaged?

Please post ASETs.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I should be fine in a halo.

tmot14

Shiny_Rock
I think it depends how color sensitive you are. I had an I in a halo ring, and exchanged it for a slightly smaller F because the warmth bothered me.

heyyoumob

Rough_Rock
Hoping to draw y our expertise in this matter!

Correct, they're from BE

the 1.01 I dont have ASET for yet,

the .92 I :

mt111_2_0.jpg

here's a shot of the two again:

tss2.jpg

cheers

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the shape of the first two better than the one you have on hold at JA. I like the diamond on the right better of those. What is your budget? I really like their antique style cuts best for a Beverley K setting.

http://www.brilliantlyengaged.com/1.15-carat-f-vs2-royal-chandelier-cushion-brilliant-cushion-cut-diamond-gid-6249.html

If this is too much, I'd ask him if he can access others.

Incidentally, here's the cushion halo which would be more like what you'd get for a cushion diamond.

http://www.greenwichjewelers.com/shop/designers/beverley-k/products/beverley-k-classic-square-shaped-diamond-engagement-ring

or

http://www.greenwichjewelers.com/shop/designers/beverley-k/products/k-cushion-cut-engagement-ring-with-diamond-halo-and-band

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
If your lady wants a modern cushion I wouldn't get her an antique style one. But the antique style stone DS picked is lovely.

I adore the I stone, because those Mark T cushions are my favorite.

I can't tell you which to buy though, because you have to ASET for the G. And we really need that to be able to compare the two stones.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Also please post their dimensions. You don't really compare cushions based on carat weight you do it via the dimensions.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the diamond on the right a lot, too. It is definitely one of my favorite modern cushions and cut by a master cutter as well. I do think that one would go better in the BK cushion halo setting than the stone on the left.

Yikes, you apparently don't have that diamond on hold and it is the only one just under a carat. I'd call when they open in the morning or even leave a message right now. You will not find a better cut modern cushion at that price point and size.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1414724138|3775295 said:
Also please post their dimensions. You don't really compare cushions based on carat weight you do it via the dimensions.

He has the dimensions in the original post. The .92 is ever so slightly larger than the one on the left. Plus it is cut to ideal light performance. I don't think he can beat this stone.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1414724900|3775298 said:
Gypsy|1414724138|3775295 said:

He has the dimensions in the original post. The .92 is ever so slightly larger than the one on the left. Plus it is cut to ideal light performance. I don't think he can beat this stone.

Ah. I see. If it's bigger as well as being an ideal cut... then yeah, DS is right. The Mark T cushion wins.

heyyoumob

Rough_Rock

heyyoumob

Rough_Rock
Ok. One more to add to the mix.
Showed my Gf the mark T, and also a AVC, she like both, if anything a slight lean to the AVC. Slight.

Here's a AVC in budget, it's a touch smaller at 5.62x 5.77.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/10729/

Will this size in my setting still look nice and proportioned or is the slightly bigger one going to be more proportioned?
Thanks!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd take the first Mark I you posted, if it were me.

heyyoumob

Rough_Rock
Good.
Great. thank you so much.
Will let you know how I go.
Thanks again for your time, and for the education

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Color aside, the one on the right is far more attractive to me. Did you have the opportunity to see both in real life to determine if the color bothers you?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Have you had a chance to look at the Blue Nile Signature Cushion line? Don't forget you can get 2.5% and up back through sites like eBates.

http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD03808090

Scroll to the bottom of this page to see photos of what the Blue Nile Signature Cushion looks like. I also have a link to a video of the Blue Nile signature cushion in a halo setting.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/cushion-101-my-experience-in-making-a-harry-winston-halo.183473/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/cushion-101-my-experience-in-making-a-harry-winston-halo.183473/[/URL]

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
love the I. The shape is great, the color IMHO wouldnt deter me from putting it in a halo

heyyoumob

Rough_Rock
Charmy!! what have you done!

Lol, thanks for that, it seems that diamond you posted, thanks to free shipping vs paid, and 2.5% off, I can get the 1.15 H SI1 h&a to my door for only $100 extra.
Blue nile guarantees eye clean on their signatures apparently.

H&A is 6.15 x 6.11 x 4.27mm
vs
6.01 X 5.96 X 3.88mm

Guess it comes down to which style I prefer.

That video was hard to see.

Google images here I come.
If anyone has any links or pics of a H&A cushion in halo would be great!

Also, I havnt managed to see the stones in person, I'm an overseas customer.

Thnx!

Edit: Heres a link to GOG side by side of their modern cushion vs H&A:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5FaZMGO93g&list=UUe_V0Cpb5TXhi2j80WFLuLA

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
If price is an issue, there is actually a pretty large inventory within your size / color range. You can pick another but they are pretty consistent in look and feel.

Unfortunately, there are not a lot of examples of actual photos yet but I suspect they all pretty much look like the photo Blue Nile posted. I actually have a lot of love for how their cushions look because they have more feminine lines and are slightly more rounded which I like for cushion shapes. The other H&A cushions I have seen like the Briella have much more rigid square lines which I don't like. When the BN cushion is set in a cushion halo, I believe they will maintain the cushion look while having the sparkle of a round diamond.

I am a huge cushion fan and own modern cushions, august vintage cushion and true antique cushions. I have been really wanting to get a Blue Nile signature cushion but I keep buying other stuff so haven't made it happen. I kick myself for not snatching up a 1.6 ct I saw on the second hand market. Anyways, you are working with great vendors and I wouldn't want to take away their business but wanted to just throw another option out there for you.

Also, Blue Nile is a huge company. Buying and returning with them is pretty painless and you wouldn't have to deal with "feeling bad" like with smaller companies. Might not hurt to buy it and see if you like it in person. You can then still have ERD / BE make the setting.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I am also pondering ... BN always has special sales and coupons. With Black Friday coming up, I wonder if they will do anything.

Also they have a refer a friend program ... in case your partner wants to buy something else...
http://www.bluenile.com/email_friend.jsp

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
If they lady wants a cushion, he should get a cushion. I love the Mark T, but I agree with Charmy that the Blue Nile Signature cushions are yummy.

Both have ideal performance. I personally would prefer the Mark T... and Marks settings are MUCH MUCH MUCH better quality than Blue Nile (which has had issues) so for me, I'd go Mark T. But if you just buy the stone from Blue Nile and send it elsewhere for setting that could be a great option as well.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
All good suggestions, I hope you don't mind me popping in-

Since your lady has expressed her dislike of the modern round I would just check with her about a hearts and arrows cushion. They are lovely, but I personally find some similarities to hearts and arrows rounds... which I like... but if I didn't, I don't know that that flavor of cushion would appeal to me. Or maybe I would find it lovely, all that gorgeous sparkle in a cushy pillowy shape. I don't know. Just thinking it might be worth asking.

Good luck!

heyyoumob

Rough_Rock
I'm quite torn.

I wouldn't get the ring made by Blue Nile, it would be done by someone here (Aus), or if they will do it, ERD.

A concern I have is that having the whole ring made by ERD, if I were to have an issue, I would have to pay a jeweler here to fix it, or pay $200 each way to ship the ring back to New York to be fixed.

I can get the setting hand made, not CAD, here for a total of $1000 more (approx) and then have a local person to take to task to fix it.
Having said all this, the guys at ERD have been awesome to deal with, and they have such great reputation.

As for the diamond choice, a concern for me is that with such a (excuse my male vernacular) dainty, feminine setting, I'm a bit worried the H&A pattern could be a little "in your face" . Problem is that Blue Nile don't have photos of the actual stone!
However, it is quite a bit larger, a shade whiter, and (after taking into account free shipping etc) only a couple of hundred $$ more expensive..........
BN has confirmed that it has been inspected, is eye clean, and has no milky/cloudy appearance.
If I were comparing a 1.0ct to the Mark Allen Sig for the same price, no contest - amrk Allen wins, but a 1.15- hmmmmm

Do you guys think the H& A will suit the setting?

heyyoumob

Rough_Rock
apacherose|1414919038|3776273 said:

Since your lady has expressed her dislike of the modern round I would just check with her about a hearts and arrows cushion. They are lovely, but I personally find some similarities to hearts and arrows rounds... which I like... but if I didn't, I don't know that that flavor of cushion would appeal to me. Or maybe I would find it lovely, all that gorgeous sparkle in a cushy pillowy shape. I don't know. Just thinking it might be worth asking.

Good luck!

Thanks!
The dislike of the round is more so the shape, especially with halo, than the facet style (she has no idea the difference between a modern cushion or antique miners cut, hell I didn't either until I found this site!)

A H&A cushion could be the best of both worlds (cushion shape, round brilliant performance) , but like I posted above, perhaps a less flashy style cut would suit the setting? I have no idea, and hence why I'm, interested in others opinions.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Oh- I think a hearts and arrows cushion would be outstanding in that setting! I love the setting, btw.

edit adding- ERD is a proven PS favorite- my vote is for an ERD setting!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
apacherose|1414919038|3776273 said:

Good luck!

This is a very good point.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results