shape
carat
color
clarity

vendor on ebay

livannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi just wondering if anyone here has bought from sagedesignsla on ebay? I can only find good things about them. They have pretty settings and they look like they could be good quality. I am still searching for a setting for my purple sapphire. :doh:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
livannie|1414551679|3774222 said:
Hi just wondering if anyone here has bought from sagedesignsla on ebay? I can only find good things about them. They have pretty settings and they look like they could be good quality. I am still searching for a setting for my purple sapphire. :doh:

I saw some of their things, pretty typical and mainstream settings. What is your budget? Stone size, pics?? Maybe someone can help you find something.

livannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yes, Chrono and TL, that's the store. I would say I'd like to spend $1000 and under or a little more. But I am scared of buying something I wont like. My sapphire is in a solitaire setting now but I don't really like the setting. It feels too thin and I think the sapphire would look so much prettier with diamonds surrounding it :naughty: The jeweler who set the sapphire, put it in a 5x7 setting. So dumb question but would a 7x5 setting also work for it? It is oval shaped.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It should work; sometimes the length is listed first, sometimes the width is listed first. The standard, however, is Length x Width x Depth.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
livannie|1414596222|3774441 said:
Yes, Chrono and TL, that's the store. I would say I'd like to spend $1000 and under or a little more. But I am scared of buying something I wont like. My sapphire is in a solitaire setting now but I don't really like the setting. It feels too thin and I think the sapphire would look so much prettier with diamonds surrounding it :naughty: The jeweler who set the sapphire, put it in a 5x7 setting. So dumb question but would a 7x5 setting also work for it? It is oval shaped.

Yes, it should fit in there. Did you check out the recommended vendor list at the top of this subforum for etsy and ebay setting vendors?

Do you have a pic of the sapphire? Someone might recommend a metal color too, unless you're dead set on a certain metal color/type.

livannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks! I have looked at the recommended vendors list. There are lots of pretty things, I just want to make sure I find a well made setting that will be it's forever setting. Here is a picture of it now. img_20140907_175942.jpg
What color would look good with it, like white or yellow gold?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like it can go well with any metal colour but I probably wouldn't want a setting that is too enclosed.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I love the purple color of your stone. Because it is so saturated in color, I think it would look good in either a white or yellow metal.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results