Nontraditional bridal headpiece - Silver, pearls and flowers

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Nontraditional bridal headpiece - Silver, pearls and flo

So glad you received your earrings!!

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock

Wishing you a joyful, wonderful weekend full of happiness and celebration :)

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock

OK, phew! What a ride!

Alittle background, my DH and I had a small marriage ceremony back in August, but because of a lot of really weird family drama we had our reception Saturday.

DH is not into weddings, ceremonies or anything (he didn't want anything), BUT he is very kind and wanted to make sure I had a special day to celebrate with all of our friends and family.

So it was very non traditional, I didn't wear a dress, he had light up pants, the decor was boho/moroccan and all the food I cooked myself, as well as I hand painted over 600 pieces of stemware and vases and tea lights. It was a production!

Few bad things that happened was I had ordered a wedding outfit and it was made in india for me, and the sizes were all wrong, and no time to get it altered, so I ordered another, same thing, ordered another SAME THING! (I gave them exact dimensions, it was a nightmare) So my MIL took me a a lovely store and I chose what I could off the rack. Is it what I wanted no, did it go with my headpiece and jewelry no, BUT I still liked it. The choice was don't wear the jewelry/headpiece or switch it up (which was NOT an option in any way shape or form. I would have worn jeans if I had too, or my garb) or wear it and have it look a little mismatch. Honestly I don't think anyone cared and after a few glasses of champagne I didn't care either! I loved what I had, got to wear my beautiful tornado, and headpiece, my DH liked it, and it was comfortable, and although wasn't fit me well, was still way better then the other 4 wedding outfits that are now taking space in my closet) - end rant

The night was fun, food was good (thankfully) and best of all a our friends and family got to celebrate our marriage! I loved it!

Here are some pretty bad phone pics just a few.

fullsizerender_11.jpg

img_0290.jpg
My amazing Husband!

fullsizerender_2_1.jpg

Me my dad and mom (all bespeckled)

fullsizerender_1_5.jpg
one of my many time consuming projects. Sweet ricotta mini tarts with a homemade raspberry bay syrup, and a raspberry. I was piping these things while guests were arriving.

fullsizerender_10.jpg
one centerpiece. they all were different. (only 2 camels, some start lanterns, other mounds of flowers. it was fun

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock

Oh, how spectacular and special! It looks like a ton of fun and so unique. Aaargh regarding FOUR unusable outfits.

Enjoy your mini honeymoon and wishing you a lifetime of (mostly) happiness!!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

What fun! It isn't about the perfect outfit, it's about your guests being comfortable and enjoying themselves and being able to celebrate your joy with you. As long as people who care about you were able to celebrate, this was a success.

It looks like a really fun party. Thank you for sharing with us, and much happiness and joy to you and yours in the future. :wavey:

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock

ckrickett, Thanks so much for sharing your day! I would love to see more pictures, what a super fun time, relaxing and enjoying friends, family, and your food. All of you look great, loving the painted stemware, too! All the things that didn't go perfect, will be great conversations over the years to come.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock

Ckrickett, thanks for sharing Your special day. I wish You and Your DH many happy decades to come.

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock

Felicitations and Congratulations! What a memorable and special life event :)

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

don't forget to include photos of the food...I've been thinking about those cheese tarts with Raspberry Bay syrup... :naughty:

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock

Congratulations Crickett! Everything looked fantastic! I love the boho-Moroccan vibe, and the fact that you hand-painted the stemware and did all the food yourself. I find it all very relatable since I am a project person with something constantly being paper mache-ed, painted, cooked or dreamt up around here too. :))

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock

Well that is beyond wonderful! Love the uniqueness of it all and that centerpiece is too cool! Best wishes!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yay! Looks like everything went great (outfit struggles and all)!

Love the glasswear! Are those some of the ones you painted yourself?

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock

Beautiful!!! Much peace, love, and happiness to you both...and a very long and healthy life together!!!

You are beautiful, and I am sure that your guests agreed. And although those other wedding outfits take up space, I am sure you will find a wonderful use or repurpose for them

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Everything looks wonderful, everyone looks happy and the party looks great.

Congratulations! Much happiness to both of you and all of your families.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks so much for sharing this day with us! You worked so hard on everything - I hope you could relax and enjoy the fun! Best wishes to you and your DH!

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock

OMG i somehow missed this thread - what a GORGEOUS headpiece! and wow, that reception looks like it was SO fun, so beautiful, and so yummy! i totally dig the light-up pants, the camel, and all the decor! so happy the outfit, tornado, earrings, and headpiece all pulled together so well. :) CONGRATS!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

JillyC

Shiny_Rock

Thanks for sharing your photos! What a wonderful party and I'm completely amazed that you did all of it yourself! Congratulations!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

You must have BEEN the tornado getting all of this done !! :twirl: I can't even begin to imagine how you did all of that ! Seriously impressed. And I'd like to say that it looks fabulous...so fun and creative ! I have no doubt that everyone had a great time ... (I want one of those cheese tarts..mail me one ) and you look wonderful ! Bummer about the dresses ... how truly annoying but Kudos for not letting that stop the party bus ! You have a joyous start to a wonderful life...the very best of luck and best wishes to both of you !!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results