Somebody's Gotta Buy This Stone!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
SparkliesLuver|1414439464|3773474 said:
FrekeChild said:
SparkliesLuver|1414438988|3773468 said:
Is that Gene's?!
Yes

Woooooooooooooooooooow. :drool: :love: That was crazy fast, by the way! Didn't he just list that last night? :naughty: Can't wait for tons more pictures. ;-)
Those are pictures posted to his blog.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
FrekeChild|1414438897|3773466 said:
Ask and you shall receive.
O.M.G. - I saw it on the dark background and drooled but on the light background I just had to pick myself up off the floor!!! Stunning, stunning, stunning.

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, I just had to wipe drool off my keyboard after seeing the blog pics of Gene's fantastic sapphire - whoever gets it will be very lucky!

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
RTFrog|1414375988|3773123 said:
Unheated Purple Sapphire :pray:

agl-brief-sapphire-2.jpg 36_Purple_Sapphire___Precision_Cut.jpg

Faceted by Gene

6.210 Carats

Jua Round 9.658mm

Absolutely Gorgeous - Please add pics lucky PS'er!

$7863.00

Yes, and compare this stone, this (awesome) quality and the asked price (including an AGL report) and some here understand why I am so harsh with other vendors.

This is high end worth every penny!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
What I wouldn't give to have enough pennies!

--- Laurie

S

SparkliesLuver

FrekeChild said:

Ahhh. Sorry. My apologies - I thought you bought it! :D I hadn't checked his blog since the drop so he must have added them yesterday.

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1414493246|3773753 said:
What I wouldn't give to have enough pennies!

--- Laurie

You and me both ;-)

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
I don't even generally go for purple-purple stones (prefer reddish purple/berry or lavender), but wow. That's just amazing. I hope whoever gets that beauty posts here so I can see it more. That's just absolutely magical. :)

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does the purple sapphire have a black line inclusion that starts at around 12:30 and proceeds down through the middle? It does not show up on the other two photos so I don't know if it is artifact or an angle. Such a wonderful purple, my daughter would go nuts over it as purple is her favorite color.

GregS

Brilliant_Rock
lambskin|1414513707|3773898 said:
Does the purple sapphire have a black line inclusion that starts at around 12:30 and proceeds down through the middle? It does not show up on the other two photos so I don't know if it is artifact or an angle. Such a wonderful purple, my daughter would go nuts over it as purple is her favorite color.
Yes, he mentions it in the description, I doubt it's eye clean. Without that I suspect this stone would be priced much higher.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
SparkliesLuver|1414497156|3773769 said:
FrekeChild said:

Ahhh. Sorry. My apologies - I thought you bought it! :D I hadn't checked his blog since the drop so he must have added them yesterday.
Hah! I wish. I'd have to sell something major to buy it. I'm afraid even my car isn't worth his price (although it is much larger, and almost the same color, just more blue!) but maybe a kidney? :cheeky:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's another pic of Gene's purple sapphire against a neutral backdrop. Next to it is a mint garnet.

I thought I would show another pic of the purple sapphire since everyone was so enamored by it. :)

bw-kqbucmaauzeu_1_.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone looking for a big blue Zircon?
It's from Jeff Davies

_23694.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

Acinom said:
Anyone looking for a big blue Zircon?
It's from Jeff Davies

Acinom! :love: Arg. That color and size. Hm.

S

SparkliesLuver

:lol: I thought the same thing, Preg. No, she didn't.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wish I could! Hahahahaha!!!!!! I would have to sell off a number of things, like my kid, or a kidney, or my car plus a few gem rings, or my husband, all of which might be worth it...just kidding. Or am I? :Up_to_something:

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
FrekeChild|1414778350|3775539 said:
I wish I could! Hahahahaha!!!!!! I would have to sell off a number of things, like my kid, or a kidney, or my car plus a few gem rings, or my husband, all of which might be worth it...just kidding. Or am I? :Up_to_something:

Or the kidneys of you husband and your kid....so you can keep your rings...

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Ah, I see that he pic is from Gene.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marlow|1414779767|3775558 said:

Or the kidneys of you husband and your kid....so you can keep your rings...
Marlow, you bring up a good point. I do like my rings and I'd rather not sell them. :naughty:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Latest as seen on Jeff White's FB page, the blue Sapphire is a commissioned piece and not available for sale, however, the trillion mint Garnet and EC yellow Sapphire are available (as commented by him about 11h ago):

jeffwhitebluesapphiremintgarnetyellowsapphire.jpg

DK :))

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
dk168|1414842953|3775920 said:
Latest as seen on Jeff White's FB page, the blue Sapphire is a commissioned piece and not available for sale, however, the trillion mint Garnet and EC yellow Sapphire are available (as commented by him about 11h ago):

jeffwhitebluesapphiremintgarnetyellowsapphire.jpg

DK :))

Very nice

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The EC sapphire is spectacular - such lovely clear colour.

liao

Shiny_Rock
No one post these stones here?
http://www.multicolour.com/detail/?-1233060107
http://ch.shrevecrumpandlow.com/product_detail.php?product_id=2578512&Metal=Platinum&Stone=Cushion&Style=Estate&Type=Ring#thumb
http://www.rafjewels.com/other/green-tourmaline-ring

the first one is pretty descent alex. I thought the photo is shot under very strong light, but I am not sure about the tone of both color. I prefer something a little bit more vivid. I will give this stone score 7.5 in scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the famous hammid alexandrite)

the second one is a little bit worse than the first one, but it is bigger :twirl: I will give this stone a score of 7 (if you are planning to buy this stone, make sure you ask for a nice discount! this ring is pretty overpriced)

I am not sure why I put my interest on the third ring, but I feel this stone is "different". I asked whether I can buy the stone without the ring. Unfortunately, I can't :errrr:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread has become the eye candy thread - nothing bad about that, but in case we are interested in more than links to pretty stones, I am quoting from the first post of the thread way back when.

minousbijoux|1340944324|3225720 said:
This thread is devoted to not just any old pretty stones, but stones we've seen that represent some minimum combination of representative and sought after: color; size, excellent price point, quality cutting and rarity. In essence, a stone that doesn't come around very often, that for whatever reason, you yourself are not interested in purchasing, but wanted to share with the PS/CS family in case somebody here would want to jump on it. There may be other qualities/criterion that folks want to add to the list - by all means, go for it!

So that this thread can be perpetuated, we ask that if possible, you upload images of the stone rather than links which expire. It would also be helpful to include the specs and asking price, if you remember ;))

Liao: please don't think this is aimed solely at you; for a while now this thread has needed this reminder, I've just been too lazy to do it :cheeky: ;))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results