shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The evil PS post snatcher got me again. When will I ever learn?

Marcy-Yay for new earrings! You sure do plan jewelry purchases like a pro. I have the 3 prong martinis and I don't think they're uncomfortable, but I'm not sure I'd get that same setting again. That's no help, huh? Mine are 1.12 ctw. My ering band is 1.9mm in front and 3mm in back. Your band is 1.1mm wider than the channel bead set band I've been wearing with it, which doesn't seem like too much. But then again, 1.1mm in jewelry terms might be huge! I've been wearing Matt's 4mm yellow gold wedding band wrapped in aluminum foil around the house...hee-hee! I'm a visual learner. Is there anything you don't like about your wf band? I'm leaning towards that one because I'm afraid all of those prongs on the Magnolia band would bug me. Your star party location sounds awesome. That's more than twice the elevation we were, and the sky was just so gorgeous from there.

Dee*Jay-I don't think I've been to Laurel Caverns. It's been a long time since I've been to a cave though, so I forgot how tight they were. There were several places where you had to crouch and turn sideways to get through. Matt, at 6'4ish, was happy to have on a hard hat! Are you in PT for your back? I agree, traction makes the head hurt pretty bad. I'm having an easier time with this concussion than the last one. I have a big gap in memory from that one, and we had a mine disaster where 12 men were killed. I boo-hooed like it was just happening when I read stories about it on the 5 year anniversary.

I stayed home from work today, and now I'm ready to get back at it tomorrow. Matt came home at lunch and made turkey BLT's, and I made spaghetti for dinner. He has gotten on this kick of making rice crispy treats in the evenings, so I had 2 of those for dessert. Lily and I are outside listening to the outside night critters. Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, stupid evil post snatcher! I like that you are wearing a foil wrapped band. It's always a good idea to see things. I honestly have no complaints at all about my WF band. It is a nice thick, solid band, the diamonds are very nice and sparkly and it is comfortable to wear. It's funny you mention the prongs on the Magnolia band might bother you; I wonder the same thing about the 8-prong setting. More prongs to maintain. I miss seeing the stars from our spot in the mountains. I have many wonderful memories from there though. I am glad you stayed home and rested one more day. A turkey BLT sounds marvelous. There was a restaurant here in town that made the best turkey club sandwiches and homemade chicken noodle soup. That was a frequent lunch outing every Thursday. I'd get a cup of soup and 1/2 of a turkey club sandwich. They also made delicious rye rolls there that we'd get sometimes in place of the sandwich.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Deegee, I don’t know when I started to be claustrophobic. I certainly wasn’t when I was a child—maybe because I was really tiny and could get through pretty much anywhere?—but I have even had dreams about being stuck in places. Often those dreams involve water/drowning so I’m sure there’s something totally wacky going on in my subconscious!

Curby, I do have the three prong martini settings. Over time I’ve gotten to pushing the earrings in farther so they go deeper in my holes in front, which helps them not droop. I also have the mongo large backs on them, which I really want a slightly smaller version of because I can kind of see them under the bottom of my earlobes sometimes, but several years in and I still haven’t done anything about it… ha! I’ll have to get your opinion next month when you see them in person.

Last night I worked late and then met the CB for pizza. It was delicious and I was proud of myself for not going back for *just one more piece*, which would have pushed me over the edge into full on stuffed! Then I read some more ghost stories. I love this time of year around Halloween! I was glad the CB stayed over last night though because after I read stuff like that I imagine all sorts of things going “bump” in the night!

Oh, and the marine’s bid came in… about 25% higher than I expected. The CB is going to ask him to revisit his number and see what he can do but at this point I just want the damn project DONE. Oh well, what’s another twenty-two grand at this point… right? ;(

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday!

Dee Jay, your 3-prong martini settings don't sound very comfortable. Yes we can compare our earrings in a few weeks. Yay for not going back for another piece of pizza. One step at a time, right? I hope the marine will cut his bid down for you but I would be like you - just get it done! I used to like spooky stories but now that Marty travels so much I don't watch things or read things that make me nervous. I am a little chicken sometimes.

I ordered my studs today. Both diamonds are F si1. I also ordered the 8-prong yellow gold. I decided to do a wire transfer to save 5% and that sure made me nervous since I've never done that before. I headed to the bank for lunch. They filled out the form, had me verify it, sign it and promised to fax it and send the money. I received a confirmation from Whiteflash about an hour later. Shipping date is estimated to be November 5th. :appl:

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-dia...etails.aspx?Diamond1=3109246&Diamond2=3109239

Deegee, did you order your band?

Have a great evening.
Marcy Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I can't wait to see your new earrings! And I do love the eight prong settings! The only reason I went with the three prong instead of the eight is becuase they said the diamonds would sit closer to the ear and not droop, but honestly I could have probably gotten the same results with the big backs. Who knows... !

Last night I worked a little late and then did my nails when I got home. I had one slice of left over pizza and resisted the urge to go back for antoher. My fitbit still needs a new battery, maybe I'll get one at lunch today.

I've been away since 4 am thanks to the sound of running water. I *know* it's coming from the unit above me and just going down the pipes like normal water should but simply hearing it is enough to cause me panic. I can't WAIT until the sewer problem is fixed and I can sleep with earplugs in. Then again, I'm not sure I'll ever have enough confidence in this complex not to have one ear open all the time for water coming from somewhere...

They are supposed to start the sewer work this week (actually they have to do another thing first that it makes sense to do before the sewer work, and that is the part they are supposed to begin). The CB has offered over and over to be a resource but they don't take advantage of his knowledge and then questions get lobbed off later that could have been fully explained in the beginning if they had only let him walk them through the project. Whatever. The guy who is contracted to do the work is in constant contact with him and he will be at the property every day so I know he'sll be totally in the loop anyway, but it's just very frustrating.

OK, off to deal with the big pile of stuff on my desk!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just had an epiphany!!!

I can get a tax benefit from the casualty loss related to my damaged floors from the flood!!!

There is a *formula* that has to be followed (god bless the IRS!) but I just did a thumbnail calculation and I should get a benefit of several thousand dollaars! Of course I would rather have ALL they money back, but hey, at this point I'll take what I can get!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday. :wavey:

Dee Jay, I bet you'll always hear water at night. I can understand why. I am sure you'll be glad to get the plumbing and sewer done and your kitchen finished. I have never tried on any 8 prong earrings but I didn't order custom this time so if I hate them I can return them for standard 4 prong basket settings. That will be great to get a tax deduction for your damaged floors. I was wondering if I can use what it cost the parents estate to get out of that car lease on his taxes. I was going to google that some night when I'm bored. If we ever sell our 5th wheeler we will take a bath on that as well.

After our recent spending spree I decided to forget about getting a new iPad. Then one of Marty's coworkers from the UK wanted him to check prices for an iPad Air for his wife. I said they can buy mine for what I can trade it in for so they said sure. About an hour later I get a call from the Simply Mac store saying they had in a 64 g wifi iPad Air 2 in gold. I asked them to hold it for me and we picked it up tonight. I do like the less glare on the screen. I need to find a clear back case for it.

Poor Marty really crashed today. He got up at 1:30 for a conference call then went back to bed. He was sleeping when I left. He worked until I came home for supper. He never went back downstairs and went to bed already. He is worn out.

My rings showed up today. The new sapphires look good. They screwed up sizing my anniversary band though. I wanted it sized from 6.25 to 6.75 and that sucker is about a 4. It will hardly go past an inch on my finger. I called them and voiced my concern if they can even fix it because they responded the ring to get it that small. They were nice about it and are shipping me a prepaid box to return it. I wasn't happy though.

Take care.

Curvy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-I'm glad to hear about the tax break. Not nearly what it cost you, but anything is better than nothing. Do you subconsciously listen for water when you're away from home, trying to fall asleep? I'm sure you will be so relieved when it gets fixed. I put my fitbit somewhere when I pulled my calf muscle a few months ago, and I haven't found it yet. I have to get back with it. Good willpower on your part with the pizza. I can't seem to find my willpower this week. Must be PMS. (Gotta blame something)

Marcy-I'm about ready to get rid of my iPad mini. I am having all kinds of trouble with it locking up, closing down apps, etc. I'm going to do the latest update, back it up to the cloud, and then do a factory reset. If that doesn't work, I'm trading it for a Samsung tablet. i stayed with an iPad when I upgraded because it's easier for mom to iMessage me, especially since I traded my iPhone for a Samsung. She's just going to have to download a texting app! You will crack up to know I have taped a 3.5mm band made from an index card (easier to work with than foil) to my current band. The channel band has 11 - 5pt diamonds (is that right?), which should be about 2.5mm each. I drew 11 diamonds (27.5mm) on my the band. I'm an idiot! So no, I haven't ordered anything, but I'm close. That's quite a goof in ring sizing by your jeweler. I don't think my finger has ever been a size 4!

I only worked about an hour extra today so I could get home for trick or treat. I can't bring myself to get my laptop out of my bag, but I worked for a good hour making myself index card rings! Food today, heck-food this week has been BAD. Too many lunch meetings with pizza or subs delivered. Too much alcohol in the evening. My rear is ever-expanding! Have a great Friday!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I had fingernails until this week. I broke one and bit the rest off. Beautiful. Don't be jealous of my index card band!

_23693.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Halloween Eve!

Deegee, I’ve been having problems with my iPads freezing too. I think it’s something to do with the new IOS. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. Last night my new iPad froze up so hard I didn’t think I could get it to reset. I am enjoying your creative test bands. Yes, my band has 11 diamonds at .55 ctw. Your picture looks great. I can almost see the hearts and arrows in your diamond “stimulants”. I think that size band and diamonds looks great with your ring. If I get a different ering I want a band about as thick as yours. I am delighted to hear you didn’t work so much today. Now if I could get Marty to quit working 16 hours a day.

I got my return FedEx box today to send in my anniversary band. They don’t have that particular band online anymore or I would simply ask for an entirely new band. We’ll see what they do. Obviously I’ve bought a lot of jewelry from them so I am sure they’ll make it right somehow.

Work was crazy busy today but I only worked about 5.5 hours. I had a dentist appointment at 8 and then met a friend for lunch. Tomorrow I’ll have to run my box over to FedEx during lunch. I’d have Marty do that for me but he is so busy. They are trying to get him to stay in Ethiopia until the 18th. Noooooooo!!!!

Have a great day tomorrow.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I'm determined to order a band tomorrow, although it will be a game time decision as to which one I order. Matt encouraged me to stop overthinking it, order one and return it if it doesn't work. Even my husband (who has zero interest in jewelry) is enabling me! I'm excited about your earrings. Just a few more days! I hope your jeweler can fix your band correctly. That's such a size difference. It's hard to imagine how they goofed that much. I sure hope Marty doesn't go to Ethiopia for that long. One thing is for sure, he has seen a lot of the world!

Yesterday I got myself moving earlier than usual for a Saturday and went to lunch and to see The Book Of Life with a few coworkers. On this project I'm working with 3 coworkers from my old office, our PM who is a contractor from Michigan, and employees of the vendor, who are overwhelmingly from India. Most of them are based somewhere in the US, but a handful are based in Indua. Those based in the U.S. fly in in Monday and out on Thursday. Those based in India are stuck here for the weekend. I discovered one lady is here with no family and no car. She broke my heart when she said she often doesn't speak to a person face to face between Friday and Monday. We're going start making an attempt to do lunch or dinner on Saturdays so she doesn't go crazy being all alone. Matt and I knew absolutely no one when we moved to WV, but at least we had each other, our pets, and transportation! This poor girl left her home town of 8 million plus, lived in Chicago for 2 years, and then moved to WV. I think about how bored Dee*Jay was when she lived away from Chicago for a while. I can't even imagine what a culture shock this has to be for the poor girl! I'm getting ready to head to the park for a nice long walk with Lily. It's only 45 out, but it's sunny and the trees are beautiful. Have a great Monday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday!

Deegee, I’ll be anxious to hear what ring you order tomorrow. How exciting. I am very anxious for my earrings to arrive. Hopefully I’ll get glamour shots this week. Did you ever get any glamour shots of your ring from BGD? My tiny anniversary ring should arrive back at the jewelers tomorrow. I’ll be interested to hear what they say. My guess is they will try to size the ring back up. Marty certainly has gone a lot of interesting places. Most of them aren’t on my list of “ooh” I’d like to go there. I feel bad for that lady from India that has no one to talk to all weekend. That would be hard. Are they here for the couple of years this project will take to finish?

I had a coughing attack about 3 this morning and it took a while to get back to sleep so I actually slept in until about 8:30 “new time”. I took my shower, made breakfast then started some homemade soup. I dropped off some stuff at the post office, went to the cemetery; (tomorrow is my mom’s birthday) then came home and spent a long time on the phone with Apple trying to get a refund on my Apple Care for my old iPad. They finally answered, transferred me to another extension that didn’t answer. Sigh. I’ll try again later.

I’ve been watching my football team get creamed this afternoon. Boo.

We have snow moving in tonight. Doesn’t sound like much just enough to make it icy.

Have a great evening and day tomorrow.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I ordered a new purse today. Ebags had 20% off so I decided to try a new brand of purse. It is a nylon LeSportsac.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Deegee, I can't wait to see what band you order! And I love your "mock-up"! I bet 99% of us on this board have done that (and I don't know what excuse the other 1% has for not doing it--ha!). That poor girl from India... Employers really need to consider how work related things like this impact people on a personal basis. I know it's an added burden, but if you are an employer with a lot of people in that situation would it kill you to organize an event on a weekend so people have something to do and get to know each other? Especially if it's going to be a long project; put something together at the beginning so people can meet and are comfortable hanging out on weekends or that sort of thing so they aren't totally alone during all non-working hours.

Curby, I hear water *all*the*damn*time*!!! I've read about people who imagine their phone is vibrating all the time so they keep checking it. I have the same thing going on with water. I swear I can hear it running somewhere in my space at every moment. I am ordering a white noise machine today and one of the one I looked at had the "special feature" of a very realistic tricking water sound. NO FVCKING WAY!!! I'd never sleep again... !!! You'll have to post pics of your new purse when you get it. I've got a closet full of purses that I never use. Maybe you could come to Chicago and pick some things out of my closet!

These past few days have been Crazy with a capital C! On Thursday I started my new part time job and I also went to that office on Friday. It took me 2-1/2 hours to get home on Friday, even though I left at 3:30. There was wind and sleet and hail and bumper to bumper traffic like I've never seen before. Part of the problem was they shut down Lake Shore Drive because the waves from the Lake were crashing over onto the street so people were using the highway as an alternative, but I was NOT HAPPY.

Speaking of this part time job, it could easily spiral out of control into MORE than a FULL time job if I am not very very good about reining it in. There are a zillion potention things to get done there and I can see that my plate is going to be overflowing pretty immediately (actually... it is already... ack...).

Saturday I went out with my indecisive client. AGAIN. We've seen everything there is to see... including with his mother, sister and brother-in-law and then again with his two close friends. There's really not going to be much new inventory until spring at this point. He needs to pull up his big boy panties and make a decision. And if that decision is that he doesn't like any of the available units enough to buy one of them I fully support that -- but he's GOT to decide!

Yesterday the CB and I worked on his two flat all day because the people who are going to rent the first floor unit want to move in next weekend. That's excellent of course, but getting it ready in that short time is not an easy task. He's really got his work cut out for him this week and I won't be able to do much because I will be working a lot of hours this week.

The kitchen contractor came back on Friday to look at some specific things. I'm hoping for a schedule from him today... You know what they say -- hope springs eternal!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday Evening Kids!

Dee Jay, gee I can’t imagine why you wouldn’t want some trickling water sounds on a white noise machine. They have apps you can download for white noise too. I should do that when Marty is out of town. I will post a picture of my purse when I get it. Sounds like fun to come shopping for purses in your closet full of purses. There will be wine and bling involved too, right? Glad to hear your new job will keep you busy since you never have anything else to do. :lol: Driving home on Friday doesn’t sound like fun. Your indecisive client would probably be driving me crazy. CB has his work cut out for him to get his place ready to rent. You guys are always busy.

Deegee, I’m dying with curiosity here – did you order your ring? :appl:

We had about 4” of snow; it was all slushy this morning. No ice. Woo hoo!!!

Marty sent me a long email and I love this line “Old Military Adage: No plan survives the first contact with the enemy”. That’s about how fun work is going for him in Serbia.

I heard from the jewelry store about my tiny 3-pointer band and they are going to size it back to a 6.75. I guess it’s a 3.75 right now. She said if the channel set diamonds don’t look right or secure she will have them reset them.

I hope to get glamour shots tomorrow but who knows.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, if I refuse to acknowledge that you said you got 4" of snow, will that make it not true... ? :cheeky: And I love Marty's quote--unfortuantely I am pretty sure it's accurate though!

Last night I returned a bunch of things to Macys, TJ Maxx and Target and then I went home and moved a bit of stuff out of the kitchen because the contractor is coming to start tomorrow morning. Somehow the kitchen area has become a magnet for crap since it's just one big open space.

This morning I went to a compliance seminar at one of the big law firms. Their coffee was AWFUL. I fully admit I have become utterly spoiled, having a Nespresso both at home and at work, but seriously, if I were on a desert island and this was the only thing to drink I would elect to perish of thirst!

I'm going to write a contract at lunch with the indecisive client! Fingers crossed on that one please!

Tonight we've got a team outing at a place where they give cooking demonstrations. I am not going to get anywhere near a knife, an appliance, or a bit of food that needs to be cooked in any way; I'm just going to observe and wait until they put something in front of me to eat! My department does stuff like this a couple of times a year and it's pretty awesome. The day after I started we had dinner prepared for us by one of the top chefs in Chicago in a private setting. Have I mentioned lately how much I love this company?!?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are my glamour shots.

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1415127030.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1415127041.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rats. I can't delete those pictures with the logo showing.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-My ipad keeps locking up and I have to do a hard shut down. Neither the update nor the factory reset helped. When I don't post, that's the main reason. Your earrings look beautiful! Will you have them tomorrow or will they be shipped tomorrow? Do you like them from the pictures? You will be so proud of me...I ordered my band today. I was in a meeting today from 10:30-5:30, so I turned my laptop where nobody could see the screen while I emailed back and forth with Sheerah. Hee-hee! I ordered a band like yours, but in platinum. Fingers crossed that it looks great with my ring. And I also refuse to acknowledge your snow comment. Nope. Not time yet. And poor Marty.

Dee*Jay-I downloaded a white noise app to drown out the noise of one of my office mates typing (she's types very loud, and when we first moved from our own offices into one big office, it drove me crazy). One of the options on the app was the sound of typing on a keyboard. Nooo!!! I can't wait to see your finished kitchen. I bet you can't wait either. I have a coworker who has one of those fancy coffee things like yours. He can only make do with our Keurig coffee at work because he brought in a separate frother thingie, and he's always making fancy coffee with the frothy stuff for us. I prefer my coffee straight up, nothing added. And I want a job with your company. Let's make that happen, K? :)

Today was a state holiday, but I ended up working 10-6 anyway, with an all-freaking-day long meeting which will start back up at 9 in the morning. We went to Cracker Barrel for biscuits and gravy for lunch and I had leftover Olive Garden ravioli for dinner. Not too good. I also had a whole lotta coffee to keep myself awake through a very long meeting. I'm glued to the TV this evening watching election results. I really need to read a document for work, but I kind of feel like I just got home and can't quite bring myself to work any more today. Have a great Wednesday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday Evening!

Deegee, I am so excited to hear you ordered your ring. I will be anxious to see it and hopefully you love it with your pretty ering! My earrings were scheduled to ship tomorrow so I should get them Thursday. The earrings and diamonds are not in focus on both images – the flower is sharp in the one picture and the reflection is in focus in the other one. Now I’m paranoid the diamonds are cloudy or fuzzy but they are listed as “eye clean” even though they are si1 clarity. I am sure they are fine. The diamonds are sure sparkly and I like the 8-prong settings. Hopefully I like how they set on my ears. Thursday seems a LONG time away. Poor Marty was up at 2 am local time so worked at the hotel then went to work at 7. I am sure he’s shot tonight. Rats you had to work on a state holiday. I will google iPad freezing and see if I can find any helpful information.

Dee Jay, you and Deegee can deny my 4” of snow all you want but it happened and that means it’s coming both your direction. Just saying. Reality bites sometimes. Good idea to return things you don’t want; that clears out room for new things you bring home from your next shopping trip. Marty loves his Nespresso machine too. He has a Kreuig downstairs in his man cave. Did your indecisive client sign a contract today? I hope so. The cooking demonstration sounds really fun. You have mentioned you love that company and it sounds like a great place to work!

I left work early to vote then met a friend for supper. We had a glass of wine and ½ of a 6” pizza. I love cheap happy hour prices. Our meal was a little over $13.00.

Simply Mac found they hadn’t registered my Apple Care for the new iPad so that should be done now and they also were able to print me a receipt for my old Apple Care and I’ll get about $45 back from that. That almost pays for my new purse.

Have a great day tomorrow.

Marcy aka Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I bet your earrings are bright, flashy, and super sparkly! It's hard to keep your mind from thinking the worst, but I'm betting they're gorgeous. I hope the setting works well for you. With the 3-prong martini setting, I find I put the back on too tight to keep them from leaning forward, and then they're uncomfortable. Probably the reason they don't get worn. You asked earlier if I ever got glamour shots from BGD. I did, with the shipping confirmation. I'm clearly blind! I didn't scroll far enough. I just saved them to my iPad, but I can't crop the logo out. My iPad is acting very ugly.

I ended up working 2 hours this evening. What is my problem? The good news is I have enough comp time built up as of today to take off full weeks for Thanksgiving, Cmas, and New Years without using vacation time at all. Woo-hoo!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Deegee, I hope the 8-prong set okay on my ears. Brittany said they set lower than the standard basket settings. I am sure the diamonds are gorgeous. I am glad you did get your glamour shots from BGD of your ring. I've been working for about an hour now trying to get all my email accounts working on my new iPad. They worked great the first day I had it then about half of my accounts said screw you I'm not sending any more emails. I will go google locked up iPads now. Did you download the new IOS? Wow what a deal to get all the holiday weeks off with comp time. Woo boo!

Edit to ask: which iPad do you have? It seems like it's pretty new like an iPad 4? Air?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So most things I found suggested rebooting the iPad. If it's freezing up on certain apps delete them and download then again and if none of that works backup your iPad and do a complete wipe all data and settings and start again. Good luck!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday morning kids!

Deegee, have you tried using large backs with your earrings so they don't droop? I was kind of skeptical of that when ordered them but they make all the difference in the world. I think I've mentioned this before but the backs are actually TOO big on mine becuase my holes are low and unless I put those suckers on super tight you can kind of see the bottom below my earlobes. I should do something about that some day... :cheeky:

Curby, I am so excited to see your new studs! Thursday IS far away but we'll keep each other company 'til then so it's not so bad. And I am sure the SI1s are totally eye clean if WF said they are. My indecisive client did write an offer yesterday and it was so ridiculously low that the sellers refused to respon. This part of my job is so frustrating but what can you do? Hopefully he'll see the light and come back with a higher more realistic offer.

The event last night was great! They split us into two team of six people each and we cooked a meal using the ingredients they gave us. Each team had a chef assigned too and that person was really in charge (thank god!) and everybody had a good time. I took a bunch of pictures that I need to send around to everyone.

This morning the kitchen contractor showed up to start the work!!! I still don't know if I'm really going to be able to have my annual party on the first Friday in December like I always do but I'm going to try...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday! :wavey:

Dee Jay, I will have to check my stash of extra earring backs in case I need larger backs for my studs. They are only ½ carat so they hopefully I won’t need them. I did chuckle that your indecisive client made an offer but goes with a total lowball offer. Maybe the decision he made was to make an offer he knew they wouldn’t accept. Marty actually ended up with his F250 that way. The cooking class sounds really fun. Yay for finally starting on your kitchen tomorrow. :appl:

Deegee, did they give you an estimated ship date on your ring yet?

My earrings shipped today but for some reason my “next day FedEx” on my original invoice turned in to “2 day FedEx” on my shipping notice so I won’t get them until Friday. RATS!!! 2 :wall: More days. Plus is says after 4:30. They hold them at FedEx for me to pick up and the office closes at 5:15. I might go in to work early Friday so I can leave early.

My neighbors were moving in more things tonight. I don’t think they are living there yet. We had great neighbors at our old house so hopefully we’ll be that lucky here.

I woke up at 2:30 boiling hot. The electric mattress pad and extra blanket probably had something to do with that. It takes me about an hour to fall asleep again then something startled me awake at 5:30. It scared me so bad my heart was racing and I couldn’t get back to sleep. I was worn out when I got up. I did go to work and started to feel okay by about 10:30. I plan on being in bed by 10:30. And like I told Marty – don’t laugh. I am going to try. :lol:

On the way to work my car alarmed that all 4 tires are underinflated. I am sure it is because it’s getting colder now but I went to a tire dealer during lunch and had them check them. He said they weren’t bad just slightly low and he filled them all with the same amount of air. I had to dig out my manual to learn how to reset the alarm but I managed. Naturally that would happen when Marty is out of town. Of course he’d say I probably hit some curbs and that is what happened.

Take care.
Marcy Anxiously Waiting Until Friday

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday. :wavey: Tomorrow my earrings will be here. :appl: :appl: :appl:

I was crazy busy at work today so my day zipped by. I spent an hour in a meeting which was honestly a nice break from work. :bigsmile:

After work I picked up a kid's hamburger meal and ate about 1/2 of my fries with it. Quick, easy, cheap and won't break the calorie bank. Healthy? Probably not but it works.

My purse showed up. A few of my bears are rifling through it for money. Maybe they think they are going to have a poker night tomorrow even though Marty's gone. :lol:

I am doing a batch of laundry tonight and I like quite a few programs on TV tonight so I won't be bored.

Marty is extending his Ethiopian stay until the 18th and will get home on the 19th. He said he got tired of hearing them whine about him staying until the bid is submitted.

Have a great evening and tomorrow is FRIDAY.

Curby

_23904.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1415393131.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday New Earrings Day!

I tracked my package about 9:30 and it was already waiting for me at FedEx but I restrained myself from going to lunch right now. I did leave a little after 11 though. I picked up my earrings and took 2 pictures in my car. I didn't put them on then because I learned my lesson a long time ago - earrings should never be put on or taken off in a car. BAD IDEA!

Then I stopped at KMart to buy some toys for a local toy run tomorrow. I got an little posable Olaf, a Frozen coloring packet, a Barbie (then bought 3 outfits from my sister's doll clothes pin), a LEGO Star Wars Lego kit and 2 Cars cars. That should appeal to a variety of kids. I had fun shopping for it too.

I finally put on my earrings at my desk then ran to the bathroom to see them and there was someone in there already. I casually wandered around until I had the mirror to myself. They look huge even though they are .05 more in carat weight than my old pair. Funny thing was side by side you don't notice a size difference. The posts and backs are significant so my ears noticed them at first but I don't feel them right now. I wonder if wearing them daily (which I will) will stretch my ear holes more open? The backs are tight enough they work a little hard but I am sure they'll get better. I took them off and compared them to my other earrings. I definitely notice the color difference. I think the other ones are GHI range. I wandered around the house with all sorts of different lighting and my ACA were more lively but the pair I'm selling my sister were still pretty close. I like the 8-prong settings and they don't droop on my ears at all. So far I'm a fan. :appl:

I heated up 2 pieces of pizza I had leftover in the pizza. The convection oven heat them up quite adequately.

Any fun plans for the weekend? I hate weekends the most when Marty is gone.

Take care.
Marcy aka Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The jeweler has my ring resized and said it looks good. There are a few of the channel set diamonds they are going to re-channel. I should get it back Tuesday.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I don't think I can hold my eyes open for more than 2 minutes, but I wanted to hop in to say your earrings look beautiful! I hope you love them!! Are they as sparkly and flashy as were hoping? I hope the settings work very well for you. I actually wore my earrings yesterday and noticed I kept pushing the backs on tighter when I could feel the earring drooping. They aren't that big, but they droop! I love the pic of the bears checking out your new bag. Cute. The ship date for my new ring is November 17. I'm nervous, but Matt keeps reminding me I can return it if it doesn't work. And...squeee!!!!!...If I feel like moving around tomorrow, we are heading to PA to go shopping and near the shopping center is an Audi dealer. That might get me out of bed! (Don't expect me to come home with a new car though. I have to think about it for a while, unless they have EXACTLY the one I want.)

Dee*Jay-I don't know how you can stand working with annoying clients! I may be super indecisive when it comes to actually buying stuff, but the three times we have bought houses...we've been on it. With our current house, we put ourselves in the position financially to buy the house we wanted when we found it, and we then found it and bought it without trying to haggle too much. We put in a solid offer with zero contingencies, and the owners took it out of several other offers. We may have been able to offer lower, but I think we're at the point in our lives that we saw it, wanted it, and got it. That's kind of a nice feeling, and we have no regrets.

I'm going to bed. I have worked over 60 hours since Monday, and I am truly exhausted. Good night! (Marcy, must have more pics....)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results