shape
carat
color
clarity

How many pets do you have in bed?

On a typical winter night how many pets do you have in bed?

• 0 in bed...don't have any pets.

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • 0 in bed...they're not allowed!

Votes: 13 28.3%

Votes: 17 37.0%

Votes: 7 15.2%

Votes: 2 4.3%

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • 5 or more

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • too many!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's just starting to get cooler at night where I live and I've noticed 2 of our 3 cats have started to join us in bed.
In a way I like it, well, until I try to move, then I wish I had the whole bed to myself! :cheeky:

Just wondering how many pets people let in their beds at night?

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have 1 medium size dog that is always in our bed and our cat sometimes jumps in with us, but for the most part she sleeps with our son

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
We have 2 dogs, but they are not allowed in our bed. We love our fur babies dearly and they are very spoiled, but they have their own comfy-cozy bed.
Pet hair + bed = gross :lol:

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
One 50 pound English Bulldog who sleeps at the bottom of our bed. He really likes sleeping next to my husbands legs and it drives him nuts!

April20

Ideal_Rock
Our little guy (10 lbs) sleeps in our bed occasionally. He has is own bed in our room though, and nine time out of ten, he'll move to his bed during the night if he starts out in ours. He gets irritated when we move and disturb him. He's a bit of a diva.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I have 2 cats, but only one sleeps with me. When I get into bed, wherever she is in the house, she runs to my bed and sleeps by my feet. Sometimes when its cold, she will crawl under the covers and sleep by my legs.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our small dog sleeps in bed with us. If you would have told me 5 years ago that I'd have a dog in our bed I would have told you absolutely not. Now I'd be unhappy if she wasn't there.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mom and dad used to let their chow/golden retriever mix sleep in bed with them. He was a good 120lbs

My Mort does. He snores like a boat running ground and he likes to lick anything and everything right by my face to wake me up.... I wouldn't have it any other way hahaha

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No pets in bed, period. I have twin newborns, so I already don't get a lot of sleep as it is. I don't want any pets in the bed to disturb my piddly three hours of sleep! Plus I would not be happy with kitty fur on our sheets. I love pets, but they can sleep in their own little spot.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
When we lived up north, our puppy dog would sleep on the bed only in the winter time, which worked well to keep us all warmer...

Now that we live down south, he actually sleeps in the bed with us every night! The difference is that we were finally able to get a king size bed (we could only fit a queen bed in our Apt up north). When he lays on the wood or tile floors for a few hours, he gets limpy so we're happy to have him in bed with us - he doesn't limp when he gets up after a full night in bed.

Our pup is around 45 lbs, but he can really fill a bed when he stretches out! Even if it means an umcomfy sleep, we don't move him... he has us wrapped around his adorable paws.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
We have 30 lb dog and we've been letting her in our bed for the past 6 months. She sleeps in our bed every night now and we love being able to snuggle with her.

This is how she sleeps:

img_5949.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our dog will only hang out in our bed in the morning while I am getting read and there is no one else in it! She crawls under the covers and takes a little nap for about half an hour. She won't get in bed with us, she's crate-trained and only wants to sleep in her crate at night. Her other naps during the day take place on the floor wherever there is a sunny spot. It's not really that we don't allow her to sleep in the bed with us, I mean, that wouldn't be our ideal situation, but she doesn't want to, anyway. I guess it worked out great for all involved!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Depends, anywhere from 1-4 cats. Britta will deign to come somewhat close to the other cats to get some snuggle time/warmth. I love when they all pile on.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When they were alive, two German Shepherds with hubby in a Queen bed. It got warm and toasty.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have two Westies, Finn and Maggie. Finn sleeps between the pillows of my husband and me, and Maggie starts off the night cuddled up on my husband's legs. She moves off the bed shortly after lights out to her Orvis Tempurpedic bed, she doesn't like movement near her. She gets back up on the bed when everyone's out of it in the morning and she takes about a 90-minutes postbreakfast nap.

I started out thinking our dogs would NEVER be in our bed. It only took a few weeks for Finn to get in our bed, LOL.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
However many cats I have... currently it's just one. She's 15 years old and my bed is very high off the ground, so I have bed steps to make it easier for her to get. She gives me the stink eye if she thinks I'm staying up too late!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Our two cats sleep with us every night, usually on my side of the bed. My husband laughs because rather than disturb them and move them out of the way, I squeeze myself into whatever space they're not taking up.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
we have 5 cats. Whatever number feels like sleeping with us does. We did have to go from a Queen to a King to accommodate them, but it is worth it.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just my SO.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1414705093|3775160 said:
Just my SO.

hahahah

cute

We have zero.

When I met DH I used to let my one cat then sleep with me, but DH "trained me" to not allow them on the bed and I've come to like that they don't. I don't love them any less, but now I prefer that they sleep in their own beds.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a technicality question for me. We have 3 Chihuahuas. Everyone gets one if everyone is at home. Otherwise, I get one and my eldest daughter and I share one, and she gets the third. Youngest puppy (almost 10 months) technically sleeps in his crate on our/her bed. He chooses to sleep in it whether the door is shut or not. Middle needy dog requires under the covers. Oldest will take under the covers or sleeping on the floor in her bed with a blanket on top of her. She is the only one that sheds, so she's not allowed on our bed.

We bathe our dogs weekly. They are the most bathed dogs we know, because sometimes it's 3 times a week if the boys have been bad outside. Why do dogs like to roll in clover??? :angryfire:

lulu

Ideal_Rock
We have a king bed and we are joined every night by the 60 pound dog and the two cats. They are all cuddle bugs and we love having them snuggled in with us.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We usually don't let any sleep in our bed but one of our dogs with occasionally sit with us while we watch tv. One sleeps with my boys, (whoever is home), and the other has her own kennel in our room. The kennel gets covered with a quilt and she is very happy. I always know when she is ready to go to bed, if she is sitting with us, because she starts burrowing under the quilt I have folded at the end of my bed.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I get wedged in by the pets from time to time, the dog on the spare side of the double bed, and the cat next to my feet on the other side. However, it is usually just the dog.

DK :))

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our cat (a rescue) sleeps on the foot of our bed. I used to be aware of the cat when I tossed and turned so I hardly moved - but now I just move and if he falls off -oh well, he will learn.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1414720695|3775271 said:
I get wedged in by the pets from time to time, the dog on the spare side of the double bed, and the cat next to my feet on the other side. However, it is usually just the dog.

I totally get pushed over the very edge of the bed by the one 7 lb chihuahua! I have woken up a few times feeling my leg just starting to fall off the bed. It's so annoying. He usually sleeps against my DH, but when DH is away he sticks to me or pushes with all 4 legs. Sometimes during the night I just say "Move over!". He listens but then gets attached again later on.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have one of our four sleep with us because the other 3 don't know how to stay still at night and would keep disrupting our attempts to fall asleep. Only Francesca sleeps peacefully through the night. She sleeps either on my stomach (I sleep on my back these days) or right up against me on my right side. She craves the body heat (as do I as it's getting chilly these nights) so it is a symbiotic relationship at night haha.

When I was single in the early to mid 90's I had 3 kitties and they all slept with me very peacefully. One on my right side one (Billy) on my left side (Butch) and one at the foot (Buster) of the bed. They never stirred as we were sleeping. It was amazing really. No such luck with our kitties now with the exception of Francesca.

However in the mornings while we are having coffee in bed we allow all 4 of them to join us on the bed and it is delicious. 4 purring kitties in the early dawn hours just lounging on the bed keeping us company. Heaven!

_293.jpeg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
None at night when we're trying to sleep.

We used to allow them in the room while we were sleeping but it got to be way too much. It was okay so long as they shared a little of the bed and we could actually sleep...

At the point we had four cats in bed and found ourselves each on a little corner while the cats all stretched (taking most of the blankets with them) and tried to shove us even further out of bed, we had to start talking about making some changes. When they decided to start wrestling with claws flying over the top of us, we were pretty sure things had to change.

That said, they do each have their favorite times in the morning or just before bed to come in and snuggle :))

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I picked 0 not allowed, but it really more the personalities of the pets we have. In our 20's we had a cat and dog who slept in our bed, and I didn't mind (helped keep us warm) except when cat hemmed me in (but then I'd push him, and he'd readjust).

Once those pets passed away and we also live in the south, I told my husband I'd prefer if pets didn't sleep in/on the bed. But it's not something we've ever had to enforce. The dog and cat we have now, they were both strays adopted when they were around a year old and never tried to sleep on the bed (the cat was living on the street so minimal human contact). The dog likes to sleep on the front couch (we put a dog bed in that corner) or the carpet and the cat is - mysterious (she is outdoor/indoor cat so most of the time we don't see her). I know she sleeps on few different chairs from the fur, and have caught her sleeping on the shelf that runs along the inside of the back porch.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lyra|1414722002|3775283 said:
dk168|1414720695|3775271 said:

I totally get pushed over the very edge of the bed by the one 7 lb chihuahua! I have woken up a few times feeling my leg just starting to fall off the bed. It's so annoying. He usually sleeps against my DH, but when DH is away he sticks to me or pushes with all 4 legs. Sometimes during the night I just say "Move over!". He listens but then gets attached again later on.

It's amazing to me how a 7lb dog can feel so much heavier she's pushing against you all night. Mine hates being disturbed when she is sleeping.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results