shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone have a 1.5mm or larger halo?

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all! I recently tried on a cushion Halo with larger melee and loved it... I loved the finger coverage, but it was small enough that it didn't provide the "flower effect." While beautiful, it just isn't for me... it was actually a Daussi, I'm not really a fan, and their diamonds aren't really my thing, I prefer my antique chunky faceted beauty. I did however adore the finger coverage. This isn't the Avenue I have been headed, I was looking at a half pointer halo, and considering a double halo to achieve more coverage... anyway, I thought I would see if there were any felow PS'ers who had halos like this? Caysie at CVB has been providing me some fabulous ideas, she is currently also working on a few other projects for me, while I totally decide which direction I am going in. Now I understand why so many of you wait sooo long to complete a reset!! :confused:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
TruLuv858|1414586120|3774367 said:
Hi all! I recently tried on a cushion Halo with larger melee and loved it... I loved the finger coverage, but it was small enough that it didn't provide the "flower effect." While beautiful, it just isn't for me... it was actually a Daussi, I'm not really a fan, and their diamonds aren't really my thing, I prefer my antique chunky faceted beauty. I did however adore the finger coverage. This isn't the Avenue I have been headed, I was looking at a half pointer halo, and considering a double halo to achieve more coverage... anyway, I thought I would see if there were any felow PS'ers who had halos like this? Caysie at CVB has been providing me some fabulous ideas, she is currently also working on a few other projects for me, while I totally decide which direction I am going in. Now I understand why so many of you wait sooo long to complete a reset!! :confused:

Hi TruLuv. My halo has 1.5 pts. melee (which also happens to equal 1.5 mm in this case) and it works beautifully with my chunky OEC. That size provides the scalloped/flower effect that I was after, plus it works perfectly with my OEC's bold, large, colorful flashes of light performance.

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Kathley, no kidding? For some reason I thought yours is 1mm... Caysie recommended somewhere between 1.5- 1.7mm, but I don't want it to scalloped for my piece... your proportions look pretty perfect! I'm going to have to check out your ring again :love:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
TruLuv858|1414587325|3774379 said:
Kathley, no kidding? For some reason I thought yours is 1mm... Caysie recommended somewhere between 1.5- 1.7mm, but I don't want it to scalloped for my piece... your proportions look pretty perfect! I'm going to have to check out your ring again :love:

Caysie has a great eye for things like this! My scalloped look is achieved because I have minimal metal and you can see the shape of the diamonds better.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
My first reset sounds a lot like what you might be looking for.

rlring1.jpg IMG_2073.jpg

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
iluvcarats|1414602750|3774516 said:
My first reset sounds a lot like what you might be looking for.

rlring1.jpg IMG_2073.jpg
Your ring is exquisite :) what size is your melee? I am actually looking for more a tighter halo, non - scalloped... that was your old reset? It's lovely!! I will have to check your profile to see the latest!! Can't imagine it getting much better!!

I added a picture, of what I believe is larger than 1.7mm... can anyone chime in?

2014-10-26_21.jpg

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I felt that it was too big for my little hands, so I reset it in a Michael B. halo
8899876.jpg

I actually don't wear it much. I love flowers too. Lately I am wearing two eternity bands on my left hand, and an Edwardian Daisy ring that I recently got on my right.
image_968.jpg edwdaisyring.png

I am obsessed with these three rings.

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
iluvcarats|1414610795|3774580 said:
I felt that it was too big for my little hands, so I reset it in a Michael B. halo
8899876.jpg

I actually don't wear it much. I love flowers too. Lately I am wearing two eternity bands on my left hand, and an Edwardian Daisy ring that I recently got on my right.
image_968.jpg edwdaisyring.png

I am obsessed with these three rings.

Gorgeous collection!! Do you have any other closeups of your Michael B?

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Here's better pictures.

file.jpg
mbring03.jpg abshell.jpg

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
ILuvCarats- beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

QueenofDiamonds33

Rough_Rock
iluvcarats - where is your flower/marquise diamond eternity band from? It's gorgeous!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Truluv - For some reason it looks like everyone thinks you want the "Flowery effect" but from what I'm reading you DO NOT
want the "Flowery effect." Not sure if that statement is correct but you might want to clarify so you get examples like what
you want.

QueenofDiamonds33

Rough_Rock
Oops, I actually meant the eternity ring that you posted along with the Daisy ring - sorry if there was any confusion!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
tyty333|1414675145|3774939 said:
Truluv - For some reason it looks like everyone thinks you want the "Flowery effect" but from what I'm reading you DO NOT
want the "Flowery effect." Not sure if that statement is correct but you might want to clarify so you get examples like what
you want.

Oops. I didn't read that correctly. Sorry Truluv.

I guess the Michael b. is more of what you are looking for, but the diamonds are only around 1.2.
Have you looked at beverley k settings?
http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/beverley-k-jewelry/rings/

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
QueenofDiamonds33|1414674308|3774937 said:
iluvcarats - where is your flower/marquise diamond eternity band from? It's gorgeous!!

It was made by my local jeweler.

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
tyty333|1414675145|3774939 said:
you want.
Haha! I noticed the same thing but people were kind enough to post their lovely rings- Lol!

Yes, it's true, I am looking for larger melee WITHOUT the flowery or scalloped effect... just trying to see how large I can go without that effect. I think i would be safe in the 1.5-1.7 mm range.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results