Citizen Eco-Drive - Cool or Pleb?

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1414559523|3774263 said:
LaraOnline|1414546810|3774183 said:
Dancing Fire|1414538890|3774135 said:
Ladies...if your husband cheated on you, you buy him this watch... :lol:

http://www.sinn.de/en/Sinn-Spezialuhren.htm

From this i'm getting that watch appreciation is about mechanical accuracy and ability to continue ongoing high level function under environmental pressures (which are actually pretty macho values)!!

I can see that a purely mechanical timepiece might be seen to encapsulate the 'purest' firm of watchmaking. But if we accept that accuracy and reliability are superior with the Eco drive technology then ???
Then you buy a high tech watch.. ;))

do you mean the sinn you just posted??
It that a 'high tech' watch? or do you mean say the new samsung smart watch :naughty:

I'm thinking perhaps cool watches are something akin to garage bands signed to independent music labels - ie the more obscure, the cooler it is??

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TBH...I don't know much about high tech watches. I have only worn mechanical watches in my entire life.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If it is all about the mechanical complexity and engineering, why not exchange your common computer for a Babbage adding machine? Those things got quite complex and they were all gears, no electricity at all. :naughty:

I don't wear a watch anymore but I might consider an Eco Drive for those situations where wearing one would be convenient. Precise and doesn't need batteries? Perfect. I like the all black one but the face is tad too large for me.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Lady_Disdain|1414600973|3774498 said:
If it is all about the mechanical complexity and engineering, why not exchange your common computer for a Babbage adding machine? Those things got quite complex and they were all gears, no electricity at all. :naughty:

I don't wear a watch anymore but I might consider an Eco Drive for those situations where wearing one would be convenient. Precise and doesn't need batteries? Perfect. I like the all black one but the face is tad too large for me.

Lol I've realised I do actually already own a mechanical clock... although it might be too big to carry around every day.
It's had something dropped on it from a height at one stage, too - or perhaps someone leant on it in the candle light...

I have grown to love this lovely little clock, wonk and all...
It keeps perfectly good time for three days, and then you must wind with its large old fashioned key...
It chimes on the hour and half hour but my husband objected due to the 3am bell so now there is bubble wrap sticky taped to the bell, if you stand very close you can hear the hammer hitting the bubble wrap!

clock_photo_1_resized.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
LaraOnline|1414668978|3774894 said:
Lady_Disdain|1414600973|3774498 said:

Lol I've realised I do actually already own a mechanical clock... although it might be too big to carry around every day.
It's had something dropped on it from a height at one stage, too - or perhaps someone leant on it in the candle light...

I have grown to love this lovely little clock, wonk and all...
It keeps perfectly good time for three days, and then you must wind with its large old fashioned key...
It chimes on the hour and half hour but my husband objected due to the 3am bell so now there is bubble wrap sticky taped to the bell, if you stand very close you can hear the hammer hitting the bubble wrap!

That is lovely!

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
Citizen Eco-Drive: My favorite watch. The only kind I buy. I have a small collection - Five watches, all are women's average-looking daintier styles. My favorite style is rectangular face with mother-of pearl with stainless steel bracelet. Reliable, and I call them "perpetual motion machines." Don't store in a jewelry box or drawer when not worn. They need light like a house plant. ;))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results