shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I think we are posting at the same time. My mom lost her balance Ion a throw rug and fell. My mom and stepfather have been in the hospital a few times this past month. She came home last night. I'm going to their home this afternoon. I figured I'll stop and get some containers of Panera soup (which they love) and bread . Then I plan on going grocery shopping for them. I know they both love soup and salad so I plan making a big salad today so they are set for tonight. My husband and I will bring dinner to them tomorrow and my brother is going to see her tomorrow afternoon. It's times like this I'm glad I'm not working. It really does get difficult when your parents get older. It kind of worries me because I know all most all of their care will fall on my shoulders. Count your blessings that you have a sister.

My parents are extremely stubborn which also makes things more difficult. Common sense doesn't enter into their minds very often. I've been looking at snow removal services this morning. My mom still feels my 80 year old stepfather (who passes out often) is okay to shovel snow. We paid for their snow removal last year and I swear if the service was not at their home the second it started snowing, I would get a phone call from them giving me a hard time about it. Not fun. The service we hired last year really did an excellent job but they don't want them to come back. My husband said to just set up it and write the check so I can quit worrying. They refused to buy a townhouse because they didn't want to pay monthly maintenance charges. My husband and I end up paying for their maintenance costs. I'm so lucky I married the man I did.

It's funny that you are also an old soul. I think I always have been, even when I was very young. Then I went through some bad things when I was in my mid twenties that just made me even more of an old soul. Once you realize your life can be taken away in a moment it really changes your outlook.

Im sorry for the rant Missy!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1414426884|3773373 said:
Missy, I think we are posting at the same time. My mom lost her balance Ion a throw rug and fell. My mom and stepfather have been in the hospital a few times this past month. She came home last night. I'm going to their home this afternoon. I figured I'll stop and get some containers of Panera soup (which they love) and bread . Then I plan on going grocery shopping for them. I know they both love soup and salad so I plan making a big salad today so they are set for tonight. My husband and I will bring dinner to them tomorrow and my brother is going to see her tomorrow afternoon. It's times like this I'm glad I'm not working. It really does get difficult when your parents get older. It kind of worries me because I know all most all of their care will fall on my shoulders. Count your blessings that you have a sister.

My parents are extremely stubborn which also makes things more difficult. Common sense doesn't enter into their minds very often. I've been looking at snow removal services this morning. My mom still feels my 80 year old stepfather (who passes out often) is okay to shovel snow. We paid for their snow removal last year and I swear if the service was not at their home the second it started snowing, I would get a phone call from them giving me a hard time about it. Not fun. The service we hired last year really did an excellent job but they don't want them to come back. My husband said to just set up it and write the check so I can quit worrying. They refused to buy a townhouse because they didn't want to pay monthly maintenance charges. My husband and I end up paying for their maintenance costs. I'm so lucky I married the man I did.

It's funny that you are also an old soul. I think I always have been, even when I was very young. Then I went through some bad things when I was in my mid twenties that just made me even more of an old soul. Once you realize your life can be taken away in a moment it really changes your outlook.

Im sorry for the rant Missy!

Oh Callie, I feel for you. I totally understand what you are going through and my heart goes out to you and your family. Why do our parents get so (much more) stubborn as they get older? Are we going to be as difficult I wonder? The difference is we might not have anyone who will take care of us lol.

You are a great daughter and make sure your brother helps out enough. Don't let him get away with not pulling his weight. It is very difficult to do it all by yourself. I am so glad your dh is such a wonderful guy and loves your parents and is willing to do what is necessary. I have said it before and I will say it again-he's a keeper!

Yeah, my 80 year old dad still shovels the snow himself sometimes despite our pleas to the contrary. The problem is finding someone who will shovel by them as all the young people are gone and it is mainly older people who live in their neighborhood and when it snows it can be difficult finding someone no matter how much you are willing to pay. I so wish my parents would move somewhere warmer (i.e. no snow) or at least closer to my sister because they watch the grandkids and it would make so much more sense for them to live closer to them. I also have begged them to sell their house (same house I grew up in all those decades ago) as it is too much for them to take care of it all by themselves but no. Such resistance to even thinking about it so I have given up. No matter what makes sense and how I feel it comes down to what they want to do and I have to respect that even if I don't like it.

I agree completely about once you realize how fragile life is you realize what is important and what just doesn't matter. I think I was born an old soul though and as time went on it just became more and more evident.

I am keeping your mom in my thoughts and prayers Callie and hoping for her speedy recovery and for your peace of mind and sanity to remain intact through it all. (((Hugs))).

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi girls,

It was so funny you mentioned the expression old soul Callie, me and my best friend who is in the US always say this about ourselves, love the expression, maybe that is part of what draws me towards you girls. I am very sorry about your mom though, this does sound very serious at her age, is she going to be ok, what are they saying?

Yeah Missy I thought I mentioned I had four cats and two dogs. I was an Aby breeder but stopped it because of the heartache, I really did it the right way and rescued Abys and domestic kitties too but I could not stand losing babies. I think I did end up with a nervous breakdown. Yes, I posted some photos and I believe Niello IS on the pet thread or one of the pet threads. I have a very difficult time posting pix to PS sometimes but I can post photos of the kitties. Two are over 13, Puma and Niello, Puma is an Aby rescued from a very bad breeding situation and he is a sweetheart with all sort of genetic problems who has beaten the odds, Niello is my first kitty (well from this group but had kitties all my life) and he was a rescue from Hopalong in California where I volunteered too. I did volunteer for the HSUS as well but I did not agree with alot of their practices so rescues were a better place for me to volunteer. You may be able to enjoy that a bit once you get better, not sure if you ever considered that as an option. I loved it, I ended up volunteering for another group in the Bay Area and fed feral colonies, worked at their rescue and also rescued myself. I also have two younger Abys I bred, Sapphie and Vinnie, well not young, they are 11 and 7 respectively. Vinnie is the son of my favorite cat of all times, Stella who died last year of FIP and whose death I cannot get over.

The dogs came this year. My mom found Elie wondering around her apartment building, when she trusted them more it became obvious that she was pregnant. So we started begging all rescues we could find online and locally to take her in but by the time one was even willing to help she disappeared. In a way it was good that she did as otherwise they would have aborted her babies full term and I really do not believe in that, I know it cuts down on the population but when they kill viable babies, to me that is murder. So Ellie gave birth and reappeared a week later. After a week they found where her babies were but noone was able to get to them as they were under a building. She gave birth the night of December 24 and this was January, it was starting to freeze really badly. Finally, my mom got the rescue to help and they dug under the building while my mom was feeding Elie and brought out her four surviving babies. So, even though I have always completely been a cat person at heart I offered to foster them as I have a big house, a big yard, a huge garage, etc. Fortunately, the rescue group did foster them and I adopted mom and Samuel, one of her sons but it has been a horrible amount of work with Samie.

Ah, I think there is no such thing as a crazy cat lady.:))) My mom and I have rescued many kitties we found stray, unfortunately not all ended well as one girl had terminal cancer and that was a heartache but we have rescued a few successfully too and found them homes. My mom has always thought that if she was very rich she would open a rescue facility. Ok, some might think I am nuts but that is ok.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Ovi, thank you for all that you do for the rescues!!! I know it is heartbreaking at times and very stressful but just saving a life is so worth it.

I used to volunteer with rescue organizations all through my twenties but in my mid thirties and beyond life got impossibly busy and the woman I was volunteering for closed shop anyway so it all just happened that way. I plan on starting again sometime in the near future but my big problem is, like you I suspect, I am too sensitive for my own good and sometimes I cannot shake all the sadness dealing with the rescues if you understand what I mean.

And I totally understand what you mean about losing a beloved fur baby family member. I am so sorry about your sweet Stella. The pain is intense and never goes away completely even after many decades. I miss all my kitties that are no longer with us. I like to think of them at Rainbow Bridge playing and having fun and that I will see them all again one day. Them and my grandmother.

I am sure you did tell me about your animals I apologize. I have no short term memory these past 4 plus months and it is getting worse. All due to not sleeping enough I am sure and I am very sorry I didn't remember you had 4 kitties and 2 dogs. Heaven! I am off to look for photos of Niello that I probably already saw before LOL. I am sure as Samie gets older he will become less of a handful but I can imagine how difficult (and fun too I hope) having a puppy must be.

I definitely do not think you are nuts and I'm with your mom 100%. If I had enough money I would open an animal rescue/sanctuary somewhere with a lot of land and space to roam and be safe and free and I wouldn't turn away any cat or dog that needed a loving and safe home. That is my #1 dream.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
We have always tried Missy, I remember the day when me and my sister were walking to school and found a kitty with her intestines out lying on the ground, she had just been hit by a car. Instead of school we ran home to my mom who then proceeded to the scene and got her medical outfit all bloody, the kitty had three broken legs too and was unable to control her bowels but miraculously she survived the whole ordeal. We have often treated stray kitties when they were very ill and then found homes for them. There are instances that do not have such a happy ending as you know.

I love my Abys so much because of their temperament but this breeding world, though I was successful if we want to consider that important (not in a monetary sense as I spent volumes more on animals than I ever made and that should never be the goal), was not for me because of the people and heartaches, the only reason I sometimes want to do just one litter is to have another Stella, maybe this is crazy though, I am totally torn, my mom thinks I should not do this but my only cat that is not neutered is her son. I hope you do not hate me for being honest Missy as I do understand the sentiment against breeding as I know what breeders can be like but I have a hard time giving up on this thought though I do know that Stella herself will never come back but herself she would want to be reborn into my house? Ok I know I am far off from reality.

My grandma was one of the most difficult losses for me too. She had been suffering from Parkinsons for years and only because my dad had her at his clinic she lived as long as she did but it was not a life for her. I had to slowly let go and I was extremely close to her. They tell you that the people you really love and they love you back wait for you but also do not want you to be there when they die. In her case it was largely true as I was visiting once a month and I was there but my dad sent me for allergy testing and I got there five minutes too late though I did get to say goodbye to her in a way because she was still in a coma for a week longer. Tell me about your grandma.

Ok, then we should really be off to happier subjects but I think a successful rescue is really a happy subject though. I can be very spiritual and sort of deep into things which may appear gloomy at times, it contradicts my positive, happy personality and seemingly superficial things like shopping. Sorry for the thread hijack, I am very guilty when it comes to that. OTOH, I think this thead is also wonderful because we talk about many different subjects, our daily lives, I get to know you Missy and also some of the wonderful posters to this thread.

Most importantly, I hope you are having a good day!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, Your kind words helped me more than you could ever know today. I was so frustrated this morning and while driving to my parents today, I felt like the worst person ever. I bought everything they need at the grocery store and have meals set up for them so at least that makes me feel better. I'm hoping she isn't in as much pain tomorrow. I feel so much better when I'm actually there versus getting updates on the phone. I can at least know for sure if she's being honest regarding her pain when I'm right there with her.

I am so glad you understand about the snow removal. I have been trying to find a snow removal service who will come back a couple times in case the snow plows block their driveway in. This was my stepfather's complaint about the service I used last year for them. Unfortunately I can't control what time a service will come to their home any more than I can control when the snow plows will drive by. It dawned on me tonight that this would be an issue wether they live in a house or a townhouse. Snow removal services are not going to drive by your home every hour to make sure your driveway is completely free of snow. No service will ever be at their beckon call. Any suggestions on how I can tell them they are being completely unreasonable? This whole thing is comical. It's just that the thought of him shoveling snow and passing out in the cold terrifies me. Unfortunately this is a real possibility with the way his health has been this past year.

Another reason I was so upset this morning is my brother and his family knew my mom was in the hospital on Saturday and I found out this morning that no one from his family even bothered to call. They finally called her tonight around 7:00 PM. Needless to say my other brother and i are pretty mad at him. We managed to be there for her all weekend and yet he can't be bothered to even call her.

They are planning on doing surgery early next week on my moms back so hopefully everything will go well. She goes back to the doctor on Wednesday to go over the details.

Did you have a good day today? Here I go bothering you with my problems when you have so much going on. I promise not to vent anymore the rest of the week.

I want you to know that I am also very glad you didn't halo Bea! She truly is perfection the way she is currently set. As you can see I just finished reading your reply on another post.

OVincze, I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother. It is always so hard to lose a loved one. Hugs

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi girls,

Now in PS fashion I must go hunting for the thread on Bea. I want to see as much of her as I can. You probably know from other threads that I am a humongous fan of halos. I do too have a solitaire but never wear the ring anymore, it was a real steal buy from a friend that purchases from the public but not with a good diamond. I adore my halo-d earrings but that is also because of the workmanship on them. OTOH, I have to say that I think for a ring I would most likely want to go with a solitaire even though I love halos. I now want to see more closeups of your ring Missy.

It is a very difficult situation you are in now Callie and please of course do vent, we are here for you. We seem to all do this a bit hijacking this thread and venting ourselves. Is your mom not even in the hospital with a broken vertebrae? How old is she? I remember you were saying maybe your stepdad is in his 80-s? These fractures are so dangerous at such a fragile age. My grandma had several fractures and it was really hard because they cannot move and that is the biggest danger but I am routing for your mom and my grandma pulled through several too even in her state. I hope you will keep us posted about her and you, how you are dealing with this because it must be taking a toll on you emotionally. It is really shocking about your brother but OTOH I am not surprised about people anymore. When I was in the hospital for two months my dad never called. You can imagine how that felt but not all family members are so caring even though I think this is really sad that someone cares so little about a person they should love. Not sure what is wrong with your brother in this regard. At least you guys are there for your mom.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OVincze|1414445884|3773526 said:
We have always tried Missy, I remember the day when me and my sister were walking to school and found a kitty with her intestines out lying on the ground, she had just been hit by a car. Instead of school we ran home to my mom who then proceeded to the scene and got her medical outfit all bloody, the kitty had three broken legs too and was unable to control her bowels but miraculously she survived the whole ordeal. We have often treated stray kitties when they were very ill and then found homes for them. There are instances that do not have such a happy ending as you know.

I love my Abys so much because of their temperament but this breeding world, though I was successful if we want to consider that important (not in a monetary sense as I spent volumes more on animals than I ever made and that should never be the goal), was not for me because of the people and heartaches, the only reason I sometimes want to do just one litter is to have another Stella, maybe this is crazy though, I am totally torn, my mom thinks I should not do this but my only cat that is not neutered is her son. I hope you do not hate me for being honest Missy as I do understand the sentiment against breeding as I know what breeders can be like but I have a hard time giving up on this thought though I do know that Stella herself will never come back but herself she would want to be reborn into my house? Ok I know I am far off from reality.

My grandma was one of the most difficult losses for me too. She had been suffering from Parkinsons for years and only because my dad had her at his clinic she lived as long as she did but it was not a life for her. I had to slowly let go and I was extremely close to her. They tell you that the people you really love and they love you back wait for you but also do not want you to be there when they die. In her case it was largely true as I was visiting once a month and I was there but my dad sent me for allergy testing and I got there five minutes too late though I did get to say goodbye to her in a way because she was still in a coma for a week longer. Tell me about your grandma.

Ok, then we should really be off to happier subjects but I think a successful rescue is really a happy subject though. I can be very spiritual and sort of deep into things which may appear gloomy at times, it contradicts my positive, happy personality and seemingly superficial things like shopping. Sorry for the thread hijack, I am very guilty when it comes to that. OTOH, I think this thead is also wonderful because we talk about many different subjects, our daily lives, I get to know you Missy and also some of the wonderful posters to this thread.

Most importantly, I hope you are having a good day!

Ovi, I am so sorry for all the pain you have gone through and are still going through due to the loss of your beloved Stella and of course I could never hate you for wanting to bring her back to you through having her son reproduce. I totally get it and perhaps if I was in your situation would even consider doing that myself. Dear Ovi, don't let yourself feel badly about feeling how you are feeling and never let anyone make you feel badly for how you feel. Losing a loved one is traumatic and it is not something that you just recover from like a physical injury.

I am also so sad about your grandmother. I think we are often closer to our grandmothers than our own parents. My dear grandmother whose name was Beatrice but everyone called her Bea died in 1992 and I still miss her so. (((Hugs))) to you and to the memory of your dear grandmother and your sweet Stella.

It can often be cathartic to talk about our dark thoughts and that is what I want you and anyone else to feel free to do here. Please do not feel guilty in the slightest talking about your feelings. I mean I started a thread crying about my accident and severe injury so what better place to be free to vent and cry and just get it out so we can feel better right?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1414458790|3773641 said:
Hi Missy, Your kind words helped me more than you could ever know today. I was so frustrated this morning and while driving to my parents today, I felt like the worst person ever. I bought everything they need at the grocery store and have meals set up for them so at least that makes me feel better. I'm hoping she isn't in as much pain tomorrow. I feel so much better when I'm actually there versus getting updates on the phone. I can at least know for sure if she's being honest regarding her pain when I'm right there with her.

I am so glad you understand about the snow removal. I have been trying to find a snow removal service who will come back a couple times in case the snow plows block their driveway in. This was my stepfather's complaint about the service I used last year for them. Unfortunately I can't control what time a service will come to their home any more than I can control when the snow plows will drive by. It dawned on me tonight that this would be an issue wether they live in a house or a townhouse. Snow removal services are not going to drive by your home every hour to make sure your driveway is completely free of snow. No service will ever be at their beckon call. Any suggestions on how I can tell them they are being completely unreasonable? This whole thing is comical. It's just that the thought of him shoveling snow and passing out in the cold terrifies me. Unfortunately this is a real possibility with the way his health has been this past year.

Another reason I was so upset this morning is my brother and his family knew my mom was in the hospital on Saturday and I found out this morning that no one from his family even bothered to call. They finally called her tonight around 7:00 PM. Needless to say my other brother and i are pretty mad at him. We managed to be there for her all weekend and yet he can't be bothered to even call her.

They are planning on doing surgery early next week on my moms back so hopefully everything will go well. She goes back to the doctor on Wednesday to go over the details.

Did you have a good day today? Here I go bothering you with my problems when you have so much going on. I promise not to vent anymore the rest of the week.

I want you to know that I am also very glad you didn't halo Bea! She truly is perfection the way she is currently set. As you can see I just finished reading your reply on another post.

OVincze, I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother. It is always so hard to lose a loved one. Hugs

OMG Callie, I am so sorry about the poor behavior of your brother. I don't understand what he was thinking not even calling your mother at least. :nono:
Very upsetting and I understand how aggravated and stressed you must be feeling. On top of your mom's injury you shouldn't have to deal with your brother too. He's a grown man and should know better. I hope your other brother is more empathetic and can help you somewhat. So sorry! And I hope your mom's surgery goes well. It is scary when our parents get sick or injured like that and there is so much out of our control. I am keeping her in my thoughts and prayers and hoping it all goes smoothly!

As I wrote above to Ovi I want you guys to feel free to talk about anything and everything here especially anything that is upsetting you or bothering you. I started the thread for support and strength and want it to be helpful for anyone who needs support and help to get through difficult times. It has been so helpful for me and I would love it to be helpful for others too...please know I really mean that from the bottom of my heart. There is no topic that is off limits here and no such thing as threadjacking in my thread. OK?

My OEC wasn't the diamond that I was considering haloing. It was my original ER diamond that I spoke to VC about and was going to send to him to halo. However after much thought I realized I didn't want my MRB diamond but an OEC so I traded it in my MRB to OWD for an OEC. LOLOL all the initials hahaha. There's a song in that sentence somewhere. :cheeky: Thank you for the compliment on Bea. She enjoys being a solitaire so she can be the shining and only star of the ring. She loves showing off her chunky facets and colorful personality if you kwim. I think we need to get you one of your own OEC's Callie....just say the word and we can get started on that. :appl: :bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OVincze|1414484914|3773745 said:
Hi girls,

Now in PS fashion I must go hunting for the thread on Bea. I want to see as much of her as I can. You probably know from other threads that I am a humongous fan of halos. I do too have a solitaire but never wear the ring anymore, it was a real steal buy from a friend that purchases from the public but not with a good diamond. I adore my halo-d earrings but that is also because of the workmanship on them. OTOH, I have to say that I think for a ring I would most likely want to go with a solitaire even though I love halos. I now want to see more closeups of your ring Missy.

It is a very difficult situation you are in now Callie and please of course do vent, we are here for you. We seem to all do this a bit hijacking this thread and venting ourselves. Is your mom not even in the hospital with a broken vertebrae? How old is she? I remember you were saying maybe your stepdad is in his 80-s? These fractures are so dangerous at such a fragile age. My grandma had several fractures and it was really hard because they cannot move and that is the biggest danger but I am routing for your mom and my grandma pulled through several too even in her state. I hope you will keep us posted about her and you, how you are dealing with this because it must be taking a toll on you emotionally. It is really shocking about your brother but OTOH I am not surprised about people anymore. When I was in the hospital for two months my dad never called. You can imagine how that felt but not all family members are so caring even though I think this is really sad that someone cares so little about a person they should love. Not sure what is wrong with your brother in this regard. At least you guys are there for your mom.

Hi Ovi, I am so sorry about your dad never calling you the whole time you were in the hospital. I cannot imagine how that must have hurt you. Like you people don't really surprise me anymore sadly. I have learned to expect the worst but hope for the best but even so my sensitive self does end up getting hurt still. I think that is why I love animals so dearly. They can never hurt us the way people can with their thoughtless and insensitive behavior. Lest I sound like a people hater I am not (most of the time that is lol) it's just well people can disappoint in a way animals never can if you kwim.

OK Back to the bling. :appl:

I adore haloed earrings too and agree the workmanship makes them special. My thread on my OEC Bea doesn't have the best pics I will be honest as I 1. don't own a camera and 2. was just taking lots and lots of pics to share with PSers here in my excitement and didn't do a great job in the picture department. I am not a good photographer (using my phone for pics doesn't make it easier either) but just posted all the pics because PSers were so helpful as usual and I was trying to give back so to speak with pictures of Bea because goodness knows I have enjoyed countless pics of PSers gorgeous jewelry so wanted to be able to pay it back a bit.

If you want to read the full (and romantic IMO) story about Bea and my OEC journey (warning it's long) here is the link. Otherwise you can just look at the pics I will post here for a shortcut. And adding a pic of my grandma which is also in that thread.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/l-is-for-so-in-love-with-my.185018/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/l-is-for-so-in-love-with-my.185018/[/URL]

myoecbea.jpg

_23620.jpg

_23621.jpg

mygrandma.jpg

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Bea is beauuuutiful Missy! So is the ring! <3 wow! I agree, Bea is set in a perfect setting. Glad you are continuing to heal well and get stronger. You are such a beautiful person, you just shine.

Callie...hugs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
moneymeister|1414497644|3773773 said:
Bea is beauuuutiful Missy! So is the ring! <3 wow! I agree, Bea is set in a perfect setting. Glad you are continuing to heal well and get stronger. You are such a beautiful person, you just shine.

Callie...hugs.

Aww thank you so much moneymeister. You are a beautiful person too and I really appreciate your kind words. (((Hugs))) all around.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Ahh, you are so kind and sweet Missy and your grandma is very special. Dunno where to start. I think this is a great thread because we are speaking openly about whatever crosses our minds and sharing with each other more than elsewhere, it is ok to talk about whatever is on our minds. It is very obvious that you are a warm and caring person Missy and somehow you make others open up too.

I so agree with you about grandparents, while I am very close to my mom too, she is not the easiest person. I was very close to both my grandmas and I even look like a mix of the two of them. One of them died young sadly and my other grandma who lived to 80 was my nanny when I was a baby, sort of my second mom as my mom was still attening uni in another city. I was very close to her and it was very hard to accept that I will lose her even though I had years to get used to it and really felt it was not a life she had anymore. She had a hard life anyhow but living unable to move and pretty much unable to talk by the end is the worst thing I would never want to put anyone through.

Anyhow, Stella, well, you know I named my company after her and her loss was in a way even harder and some may flame me for that but losing the animals we care for is like losing our children and harder to come to terms with in a sense to me. Perhaps it is foolish that I want a grandchildren of hers but Vinnie came back to me unexpectedly and very fortunately and he really was my baby and he still thinks he is as I handraised him for the first days of his life. When I was in the hospital he went to live elsewhere and was very unhappy, dunno how I could have parted with him but my family was very pushy, and the virus be brought back killed Stella but I have him back at least for the rest of his life and he could not be happier. I just think it was meant to be.

Now, very importantly BLING! talk. Ooh, your ring made me think and think what kind of ring I would like. I am wearing nothing but a small and simple emerald and diamond ring I truly love, it really is a simple piece but my jeweler did a great job on that and I love this ring. I still would like a gorgeous ring but you know because I have not known where this marriage was going I never went ahead with a project.

My problem is that I love diamonds and many kinds of diamonds too much. My faves have been my FCDs but been recently making necklaces for myself. I never even liked necklaces before but somehow I want the FCDs to be in my neck. I adore FCDs but realized now thinking over your ring that I think I prefer color in my ears and on my neck and would probably want a white diamond ring. I am sooo torn though. I love ideal MRBs for their strong facet patterns but I also truly love vintage cuts with their also strong facet patterns and chunky facets. It is a tough call. Interestingly, like Adam told you as I was reading your thread I definitely like only high white MRBs but lower colors in OECs. I also have been having a very strong yearning for cushions, all kinds. I think I will leave the cushion project for a necklace though. I think I am being pretty bad because I still have stones waiting for me to finish my projects for myself and yet here I am wanting only more... unbelievable, my passion for jewelry is just infinite. I think my passion for diamonds is even worse and this is why I keep getting diamonds for myself and study them for a long time before I even start a project with them. I feel that I am almost sorry setting my diamonds but guess what watching a project and the surprises all along and at the end is one of the best parts IMHO and there is always an element of surprise and at the end I fall in love with the jewelry so much. I think that women should not be allowed to work with diamonds plain and simple, at least not me.:)))

Sooo here is my list of what I should get for myself? Cushion, for sure but what? A true vintage? A possibility. An FCD? I think I would really love to have a pink brown the most and I enjoy studying FCDs the most, wearing, well, my halo-d whites get the most wear but those FCDs made into necklaces are very special. So unsure about the cushion issue. One solution may be a true vintage at the end of the letter scale. I tried on a magnificent necklace at auction locally and fell head over heels for it. It had an almost 10 carat U-V cushion pendant but if I get into the ring project things get even more complicated, I am not surprised that the people on PS sometimes have such a hard time as I am personally so torn too. Ideal MRB smaller and higher in color maybe around 2 cts or OEC something in the size and color range you got Missy or even lower on the letter scale. I think those old stones have such a personality, I totally adore them. If I went OEC, I too would leave it unhalo-d, probably get a U-V or lower and over 4 carats. If I went ideal MRD, I would want an over 2 ct E-F halo-d with delicate micropave shank. Ok, girls, I promise I will stop ranting. I am still in the thought process about this but you know what? Here in Europe you can get these OECs at great prices at auction, not sure that is the case in the US.

I hope I was talking to you about ideas, I know that as a trade member normally I should not but these are my personal projects and first and foremost I am crazy about jewelry and diamonds. It is definitely not about selling but about buying for myself, talking away and commenting on your gorgeous stone and ring Missy. I totally get why you went with an OEC as I do think these old stones are so lively. I do think if I went low on the letterscale they may be a better fit for me personally than an MRB even if they have beautiful facet patterns and are like supermodels.

Girls, if you are sick of my novels, just let me know. As you can tell I am not short winded just like Missy.:))) Maybe noone can follow me anymore.

Callie, thinking of you and your mom, sending healing dust your way!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
moneymeister|1414497644|3773773 said:

Callie...hugs.

Moneymeiser, Thank you so much for the kind words and I'm truly sorry about the rant. I appreciate the kindness shown here so much!
And thank you for your convertible story. I always use sun screen on my face but never bothered with my neck until recently. When I was in my early 40's. I also had a cute little convertible. Now I know why neck looks bad! I'd never even thought about it before your post but now I'm sure it had a lot to do with driving the convertible! Callie

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy and OVincze, You have no idea of happy it made to open this thread and see both the beautiful Beas. I hope everyone is doing well today. How is your toe feeling Missy? Does it feel better than last week? Do you have any plans to do anything fun this week? I had to laugh about comments regarding people and animals. It's funny I never understood it until we found our baby. I was done as soon as that little puppy looked up at me. It so funny because my husband feels the same way about her. She has to be one of the most spoiled dogs on the planet. My husband went out and bought her a rhinestone and black velvet looking collar the second day we had her. He said she really needed some bling! Have you heard the joke about locking your wife and dog in a trunk for an hour and seeing who really loves you when you open the trunk. The give so much unconditional love and bring such joy to our lives. Thank goodness she has only really been sick once, but I was a complete wreck at the time. I don't even want to think about the day she is no longer with us. I will truly be devastated.

You are doing the right thing waiting and really thinking about the type of diamond you want OVincze. I purchased two rings in the past year. How I wish I could do everything over again. I could of had a ring like Missy's Bea if I'd waited and really thought everything through. Of course this was before I found Pricescope so my rings are not up to Procescope standards. I don't think anyone here would be happy with them. I know that Missy and Gypsy would have helped me buy something really spectacular. I feel so spoiled even typing this.

My husband wants to retire early in about 5 years so I don't really feel comfortable buying another ring when I know we will be purchasing a new house and I'm sure I will be buying new furniture, and doing landscaping. I know I will want whatever house we purchase to have a beautiful kitchen and bathrooms and I definitely want a closet like I currently have. I also love a beautiful yard and that is very costly as well. I know I shouldn't be spending more on yet another ring. The house we currently have is smaller but has beautiful windows and woodwork and really pretty features I wish I could just move my house and yard to wherever we move. We built the house we currently have so I was able to have it built the way I wanted. I told him last night that I also wanted our retirement house to have a stone fireplace in the kitchen like the one I currently have. I really want my same house in a warmer climate.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Callie, could you trade in the rings you bought prior to PS? That would be a way to help you get the one you would really love. Ah, you know just because they are not creme de la creme, it does not mean they are not nice but I get your points. When I was living in Hungary everyone even in the trade sold or knew substandard diamonds, I always knew I wanted something different. In Austria it is a little better but it really opened up my eyes when I went to Antwerp and found my wonderful wholesalers, I would never go back. I do love all kinds of top diamonds and they can be so different but will definitely put thought into the ring idea.

How is your mom doing today Callie?

Yes, animals will always love you unconditionally, sad to see that even abused animals sometimes love their owners, that is heartbreaking but perhaps it is their innocence what makes them like children but still different, they are much less trouble and always give you their best.

Hope our Missy girl is fine today too.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Callie and Ovi. :wavey: I am doing OK. Toe still hurts but not always and mainly when I am outside on hard surfaces. Very confusing to me and thanks for reminding me that I have to do my toe stretching exercises. Toe stretching exercises sounds crazy lol.

Callie how is your mom doing? I like Ovi's suggestion of trading in something for another diamond you might covet. That's what I did with my original ER diamond but I know some may be too sentimental to trade that. Perhaps you have something else you don't enjoy that could be used as a trade?

I also would love to take our home to a warmer and sunnier and drier climate when we retire but that's not going to happen. I am having qualms about selling our NY home and moving full time to the beach house when we retire but I know Greg truly wants to move there in retirement. He wants all that the life there brings that we cannot get here. I am such a city girl at heart that I worry about that.

Since I broke my leg I realize how dependent I am on being so close to our doctors and friends and life. See what order I put that in-really shows where my mind is these days haha. I am trying not to think too far ahead but it is a concern and we put so much into our beach house that I am not sure there is any going back. I love it don't get me wrong but I love the energy of the city and I am just not a suburbs girl even with that fantastic sea view. I did know that all at the time I came up with the idea to search for our forever home at the beach but pushed that aside for my dh since I know how much he would hate living in the city for retirement. No place here to garden, to do major woodworking (his hobby) and even enjoyable wide open cycling (but of course see where that got me) so for all those reasons I was OK with our plan that in fact I came up with for our retirement. Sometimes I feel like Lucy from "I Love Lucy" with all my crazy plans and schemes.

Ovi, I feel the same way. So many diamonds but such limited funds. I wish I could have one of every variety. I agree diamonds each have their own personality and I would never get bored having one of every variety LOL. I think that at every stage in our life we might have stronger preferences but with jewelry it really is hard to just pick one and be done. I am looking forward to seeing what new projects you have on the horizon. And with regards to Vinnie my advice to you is follow your heart. I think when we do that we can never go wrong when it comes to loved ones.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy,

How are you doing? I hope you are able to get your PT taken care of by insurance. Do they know what is wrong with your toe? Toe stretching exercises do sound kind of funny. I know you’ll do whatever PT they recommend.

Bea if a gorgeous ring and I loved seeing a picture of your grandmother.

Your weekend sounds absolutely divine; walking, shopping and enjoying spending time with Greg. That is awesome!

Marty and I did some major shopping in Denver Saturday after I picked him up at the airport. We have quite a few Tom Everhart pieces (he does the Peanuts art in case you aren’t familiar with is work) so went to the remains of a show from a few weeks earlier. We bought a print of Snoopy as the vulture titled “Are you talking to me?” Then we went to Marty’s favorite watch shop and a watch was on sale then we got an additional 20% off so we came home with a new watch. I decided why stop there so I ordered from ACA studs from Whiteflash today. I am so excited! We are good through Christmas and birthdays for the next 100 years now.

Poor Marty is crazy busy and getting up really early. He leaves again on Saturday so I will enjoy the few days he is home. I am trying to get him to do some chores too but work comes first.

Take care and have a great day tomorrow! :wavey:

Marcy

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy and OVincze, I just wanted to quickly apologize to OVincze. I'm so sorry for not answering the questions you asked I beleive yesterday regarding my mom. I just now say your earlier post. It's late so I'll answer tomorrow. She is home doing better but will be having a surgical procedure next week. I'm also sorry you spent time in the hospital and didn't hear from your father. I will write more about this tomorrow morning as well. I didn't read any other posts that were written later this morning so I will catch up tomorrow morning and reply. I hope you post an update Missy and that you have been feeling well today. :wavey:

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Callie, glad you mom is feeling a little better and no need to apologize, we all have lives, will talk tomorrow, today I am going to Vienna.

Marcy, what kind of watch did you buy and what earrings did you order from WF? Congrats! That is exciting. I used to work with watches long time ago and of course stud earrings are my favorite type of jewelry.:))) Cannot wait for modeling shots. Enjoy the few days you will have with your SO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1414548819|3774200 said:
Hi Missy,

How are you doing? I hope you are able to get your PT taken care of by insurance. Do they know what is wrong with your toe? Toe stretching exercises do sound kind of funny. I know you’ll do whatever PT they recommend.

Bea if a gorgeous ring and I loved seeing a picture of your grandmother.

Your weekend sounds absolutely divine; walking, shopping and enjoying spending time with Greg. That is awesome!

Marty and I did some major shopping in Denver Saturday after I picked him up at the airport. We have quite a few Tom Everhart pieces (he does the Peanuts art in case you aren’t familiar with is work) so went to the remains of a show from a few weeks earlier. We bought a print of Snoopy as the vulture titled “Are you talking to me?” Then we went to Marty’s favorite watch shop and a watch was on sale then we got an additional 20% off so we came home with a new watch. I decided why stop there so I ordered from ACA studs from Whiteflash today. I am so excited! We are good through Christmas and birthdays for the next 100 years now.

Poor Marty is crazy busy and getting up really early. He leaves again on Saturday so I will enjoy the few days he is home. I am trying to get him to do some chores too but work comes first.

Take care and have a great day tomorrow! :wavey:

Marcy

Good morning Marcy. I am so glad you and Marty are getting to spend time together and shopping for art and jewelry together is just about perfect IMO.

I love Tom Everhart's work and it is so cool that you collect his pieces. I wish there was an artist we collected but though there are many artists we love we cannot afford to have more than one (if that) of their pieces. One of our favorite artists is Robert Cardinal and we have his sailboat sunset painting. Right now it is in our NY apt but when we move to the beach house full time that's where it is going for good and really we bought it so we could have a little bit of the ocean wherever we go.

I am excited for you getting those ACA studs. I bet they are gorgeous. :love: Have you posted pics on PS yet? I would love to see those beauties on your ears. Funny you bought Marty a watch because I am getting Greg a watch for Christmas and almost ordered it yesterday but he wanted me to wait. There are no secret gifts between us unfortunately since we are both so picky we choose our own. And that's really for the best. Is that what you guys do too or do you still surprise each other?

Enjoy the next few days with Marty and your beautiful new earrings and your "Are you talking to me" print! :wavey:

Hi Callie, how is your mom today? I hope she is in good spirits and I hope you are feeling well also and not letting anyone upset you. Continued good vibes and PS dust being sent your and your mom's way. No change in my status but will update as I know more or if anything changes.

Hi Ovi, hope you had a good night and that you are feeling well also. I have PT this morning and will speak with you guys later. :wavey:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy and OVincze, Could your toe problem be something with the tendon or maybe you are putting pressure on it differently then you did before your injury? I'm sorry you are still in pain. What did Victor have to say?

My mom seems to be feeling better today although I'm sure it is the pain pills talking. I'm going to see her later today. My brother still has not called. It would not bother me nearly as much if my mom didn't feel so bad about it. I don't want to talk to him because it will end with both of us being angry. My other brother has pretty much given up on him. I know it makes him mad because my parents have always done everything for his family and he can't even be bothered to call. I sent him a text yesterday asking him to please call her he replied back but still never called. I told my mom today to stop helping them all the time and see if that changes things. Family can really be frustrating at times.

My house residing has turned into a nightmare. I swear a mouse got in and died in the basement. I smell a strange smell in an area of the basement and can't find where it is coming from. I called the company and now I also need to get an exterminator to the house. I only drink occasionally but I swear this week I may just start. It's a darn good thing I love to laugh or i would probably be crying.

Missy, I would take your beach house in a minute. I'd leave everything behind but the husband and dog, and not look back (especially this week)! Seriously, it must be so beautiful. I love going to the city for a weekend of shopping but nothing makes we happier than getting up in the morning and seeing nature outside with my cup of coffee. My view is so pretty in the summer that I wait for it all winter. I wish I lived on a couple acres but don't think that would be too practical in my retirement. I just can't get excited looking at concrete no matter how beautiful the buildings are. My niece feels exactly like you. She can't wait to live in the city someday. Have you always lived in the city. She says that now but is always telling her parents that they aren't allowed to move from their home which is out in the county on a couple acres of land with their horses boarded at home. When we built our home we both wanted land but decided against it because my husband was traveling as much as he was home and I was working and Judy didn't have the time to take care of everything by myself. I'm sure Marcy can relate. I'm so glad he is pretty much done with being gone all the time.

If I get another ring it will definitely be an old cut. One on my rings is a GIA rated F color and I swear I can see some brown tint to the stone sometimes and It drives me crazy. The other one is EGL USA color grade D, but let's be honest who know what the heck it really is. I was actually very happy with them until I found Pricescope. The F color stone is the Henri Daussi which I so regret buying. I wore it last week when I was out to dinner with a girlfriend and two people stopped by the table to comment on it. That's the haloed ring and it is so blingy. It also gets a lot attention because it looks large. I love the other one because it's a big really fat pear. I love large diamonds. My dream is to get a 4 carat old cut. It seems so strange to me because I'm really not a fan of round brilliants. I would be in so much trouble if I was around diamonds all the time. I don't know how you do it ORvincze. That goodness my husband manages the money.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry for the novel I just wrote above. Oh yeah, I also apologize for it not being too interesting! I hope your day is going better girls. I just called one of my girl friends to see if we could plan a girls weekend. Forget jewelry for now, I want to go to a beach!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Callie, glad your mom is feeling somewhat better even if all due to the pain pills at least they are doing what they are supposed to be doing. Sorry your brother is being such a jerk. :blackeye: Yeah, families can be challenging in their own right.

Ugh, I hope it's not a dead mouse or anything like that in the basement. Definitely get an exterminator soon to get rid of whatever it is. And try not to think about/worry about it till it's done. Thank goodness there are professionals who take care of these things for us.

I actually live in Park Slope which is in Brooklyn. For me it is the best of the city in a civilized living environment. I lived in Manhattan for about 10 years and moved back to Brooklyn in the nineties. I wouldn't want to go back living in Manhattan. Too noisy and crowded and expensive. I love where we live now. It is our dream home and the space is unheard of for our neighborhood. We lucked out when we found this place and it was because I was on the co-op board I even knew this apt existed. Long story and not important just suffice it to say I will miss it when we sell.

And you know you are welcome to come and stay at our Beach House whenever Callie!!! I might soon be retired ::) and that would mean lots of quality time to spend near the ocean and that wouldn't suck lol. But it would be even better if I had friends joining me. :appl:

My parents are going to be here soon as I asked them to come because I have something for my mom that Greg made for her. A slant board like he made for me so she can stretch her calf muscles and foot. I hope she likes it. And I also have 4 huge bags of clothes I am getting rid of that she wants to go through. So that will be nice to visit with them as I haven't seen them since my mom's accident.

Is your mom's surgery scheduled yet? Hopefully it will be soon and she will be on the mend before you know it. And hoping your brother comes to his senses and calls and visits her soon.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, I'm so glad you are able to spend time with your parents. That was so nice of Greg to make the the slant board for her. Is she doing better now? I know it's been hard for you not being able to see them. Enjoy your evening with them.

My day got much better. My mom looked great today and is having the surgical procedure for her back next Tuesday. The siding company came and fixed the siding problem later this morning.

Do you have any plans for the weekend? Will Greg be home on Halloween. Do you usually have many trick or treaters. The weather is supposed to be bad in Chicago on Friday so I doubt we will have many.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi girls, I have to stop by for a short time before I head out again this morning. I am happy that your parents visited Missy, how was it? How are you feeling today?

Callie, let us know what you find out about your house, I hope it is nothing serious, very odd, I am not sure a mouse could actually stink so badly, it has happened to me but in the garage and there was no smell, so I hope it is not something bigger.

You should not talk badly about your stones Callie, I actually adore big, fat pears, pear is one of my favorite shapes when they are chunky, fat. I used to not like them but I became halfway obssessed with them, not as much as with cushions perhaps but still. I love almost all shapes maybe except heart and marquise but I would still take those if they are right. I love cleftless hearts and I would take say a pink heart. I have once seen a low color marquise at auction I adored, I think it was over 5 carats, vintage and maybe O-P in color. Even if your pear is EGL D, hey, it may be an F but just because the dreaded EGL graded it, it does not mean the stone is not nice and does not perform well. Have ever shared pix of them?

As to the beach houses, I have always been a city girl but in the last few years I moved out of the city. Now I live by a lake, not a beach per say but the area is beautiful. I too love getting up here and it is also better for the animals. I would go stir crazy though if I was not near a metropolis. Vienna is an hour away, which is great and there is a small city 5 kms away. I get to enjoy the best of both worlds and that is perfect to me though I must admit that commuting is not so much fun but I did commute while living in the US too, only from the Bay Area to Berkeley when I was going to school. I definitely understand both your points. Missy, maybe you and DH could somehow compromise?

Callie that is very sad about your brother, it does not surprise me anymore but still awful that someone like your brother is acting this way and your parents even helped him and continue helping him. Sometimes the more you help people the more ungrateful they are, I have had people turn on me after I had done everything for them, pretty typical but we do not expect that from our families.

Talk later, have a wonderful day girls, hugs to you both and sending healing dust to both Missy and Callie's mom.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1414619949|3774663 said:
Hi Missy, I'm so glad you are able to spend time with your parents. That was so nice of Greg to make the the slant board for her. Is she doing better now? I know it's been hard for you not being able to see them. Enjoy your evening with them.

My day got much better. My mom looked great today and is having the surgical procedure for her back next Tuesday. The siding company came and fixed the siding problem later this morning.

Do you have any plans for the weekend? Will Greg be home on Halloween. Do you usually have many trick or treaters. The weather is supposed to be bad in Chicago on Friday so I doubt we will have many.

Hi Callie, that is wonderful news! I am so relieved for you and your mom. Before you know it next week will be here and her surgery will be over and she will start feeling more like herself very soon.
Also happy for you that the siding company came and fixed the siding already.
Happy that things are finally looking up for you and your family!

We had a lovely visit with my parents and my mom loved the slant board. Here's a quick pic I took of the board and you can see my mom's feet, greg's feet and a bit of my dad's feet in the pic haha.

No plans for Halloween and it's a normal work day for Greg though he usually tries to be home in the early afternoon on Fridays as we usually run some errands if possible as weekends are crazy at Costco here. We don't get trick or treaters sadly but that's OK as I don't need extra candy around so we don't buy any. We haven't had trick or treaters here for years so I finally stopped buying Halloween candy years ago.

How about you? Do you guys get trick or treaters? It's too bad the weather won't cooperate for tomorrow. I like it when the kids get a nice day for Halloween. It's such a fun day for them.

This weekend is supposed to be nasty weather for us and I was trying to figure out what we could do to walk despite the weather so I can work my leg. Greg suggested we go to an indoor outlet (I have a great dh don't I) that is about 90 minutes away from us so that is our plan for Saturday. It's a big outlet so I will get plenty of walking in and I hope I don't do that much purchasing as I don't need any more clothes or shoes. Especially with my foot still swollen I am not sure what I will eventually end up wearing on my feet for comfort.

What are your plans this weekend? I know you will be visiting your mom but do you have any other plans? How is the smell in your basement? Do you have an appointment with the exterminating company yet?

I am keeping good thoughts for your mom and her successful recovery!

slantboardformom.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OVincze|1414650666|3774854 said:
Hi girls, I have to stop by for a short time before I head out again this morning. I am happy that your parents visited Missy, how was it? How are you feeling today?

Callie, let us know what you find out about your house, I hope it is nothing serious, very odd, I am not sure a mouse could actually stink so badly, it has happened to me but in the garage and there was no smell, so I hope it is not something bigger.

You should not talk badly about your stones Callie, I actually adore big, fat pears, pear is one of my favorite shapes when they are chunky, fat. I used to not like them but I became halfway obssessed with them, not as much as with cushions perhaps but still. I love almost all shapes maybe except heart and marquise but I would still take those if they are right. I love cleftless hearts and I would take say a pink heart. I have once seen a low color marquise at auction I adored, I think it was over 5 carats, vintage and maybe O-P in color. Even if your pear is EGL D, hey, it may be an F but just because the dreaded EGL graded it, it does not mean the stone is not nice and does not perform well. Have ever shared pix of them?

As to the beach houses, I have always been a city girl but in the last few years I moved out of the city. Now I live by a lake, not a beach per say but the area is beautiful. I too love getting up here and it is also better for the animals. I would go stir crazy though if I was not near a metropolis. Vienna is an hour away, which is great and there is a small city 5 kms away. I get to enjoy the best of both worlds and that is perfect to me though I must admit that commuting is not so much fun but I did commute while living in the US too, only from the Bay Area to Berkeley when I was going to school. I definitely understand both your points. Missy, maybe you and DH could somehow compromise?

Callie that is very sad about your brother, it does not surprise me anymore but still awful that someone like your brother is acting this way and your parents even helped him and continue helping him. Sometimes the more you help people the more ungrateful they are, I have had people turn on me after I had done everything for them, pretty typical but we do not expect that from our families.

Talk later, have a wonderful day girls, hugs to you both and sending healing dust to both Missy and Callie's mom.

Hi Ovi, we had a good visit, thanks for asking. My mom and dad looked well despite her injury and her need for knee replacement surgery as soon as her broken knee cap fully heals. She was walking with a cane but very very unsteadily and uses a wheelchair for longer distances. They cannot replace her knee until her knee cap is solidly healed so for now they are thinking the surgery will be in January. I know she wants this done as soon as possible because it is very difficult for her to get around.

My ankle has been aching since yesterday morning non stop and I am wondering if it is arthritis. My surgeon told me that would set in much sooner now since the accident and surgery. Not something I am happy about but what can I do. I am fortunate I was able to get my broken bones repaired at all due to the severity of the break so I am grateful. I am just not happy if I will be in pain much/all of the time. It's a dull ache that is uncomfortable and distracting but I am doing my best not to think about it. Toe still hurts if I am walking much or outside but hoping with time that will improve as Victor says it will.

About our beach house it is a compromise of sorts as we are very close to Manhattan and also close to where we live now so going back and forth is easy. We are only 30 minutes or so from the city via ferry and we are less than a mile from the ferry so it is a relatively quick trip and via car less than an hour so not a big deal. It's just I love being right where the action is so to speak.

For example these past months all I have to do is walk out my door and there is life. Stores, people, activity etc. At the beach there is a very small town within walking distance but it's about 8 blocks long and then you're done. A bigger town which is Red Bank is about a 15 minute drive so that's the biggest town close to us and that's it. I mean it is a great town but it's not that big.

Don't get me wrong. I love waking up with the sea right out our window and in our backyard (except for when we have hurricanes OMG Sandy was not fun) and I love the sound and smell of it. It is very peaceful though on weekend mornings the sound of lawnmowers and other suburb sounds makes me wonder how people think that suburbs are quieter than the city LOL.

If I was 100% the thought doesn't daunt me as much and as I wrote before I am the one who thought this idea up because Greg doesn't want to retire where we don't have land and outdoor space for us to enjoy. It's just being incapacitated like I have been and am right now so to speak makes it more challenging in that there is not much I could do there without the car. Whereas here all I have to do is walk a very short distance to activity. So that is where my concerns are at this time. Hopefully a clear answer will present itself to me when the time comes. If we don't sell our NY home we cannot ever retire as the carrying costs of both are exorbitant. Where we live in NY and NJ are 2 of the most expensive cities in our country.

How are you doing Ovi? I have been doing too much chatting about me lately. Please tell me what is going on with you. I trust you are 100% better from that stomach virus you had a few days ago. Any plans for the weekend? Any thoughts on your diamond/jewelry projects? I love big fat pears too and would one day love to have an antique chunky monkey fat pear!

Thanks for listening to my long stories. I forgot to address what you wrote a few posts ago on how we are both chatty and long winded. Hahaha yes that is very true. I don't think I could say what I wanted without a long story lol. Sorry. :wink2:
Anyway please tell us any news about you. Would love to hear it.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy and OVincze, Please, please don't quit writing you long stories. The past few days with everything that I have had been going on they were really a nice bright spot. It sounds like you had a nice visit with your parents last night Missy. The picture of the ramp Greg made surprised me because we have the exact same area rug in my husbands office. Speaking of pictures, seeing the picture of your ring makes me want one so badly. Just when I have myself convinced that I don't need another one, Bea pops up on the screen. Your pictures are killing me Missy!

Everything you say about your beach house sounds perfect. It really would be a dream for me. Do you think it would bother you to live in an area where everything isn't within walking distance? I'm sure a lot of your preferences are also based on what you are familiar with and it sounds like most of your time has been spent in the city. You have been so fortunate to be able to have both lifestyles. l'm with Greg and would love the space and pretty scenery. It also sounds as if everything is within a hour away. Your setting at the beach house is so pretty and peaceful that losing some of the convieiences wouldn't matter that much to me. You may feel completely different though. As long as I had get great shopping and restaurants within an hour, I would be fine, but that's what I've had most of my life. I love to shop but I can honestly say I loved it more when I was working, and I didn't have change my spending habits when I quit working. I have been absoulutely no help, have I? Haha

Yesterday while the siding person was working outside, the village sent someone to put a new water meter reader in our basement. The guy said he could only smell what I was describing in a very small area of the basement. He told me he wouldn't hire an exterminator and would set a couple mouse traps. It does make me nervous to have everything sprayed with the chemicals they use. My husband went thru everything in the area where the smell was and found nothing. He went thru every box. He said he searched the whole area and didn't find any mouse droppings. I went down there this morning and the smell is almost completely gone. He put down mouse traps and there were no mice in them this morning. I don't know what to do now. Any ideas would be appreciated. Would you call the exterminator? I'm just so freaked out at the thought of the possibility of a mouse being in our home.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy,

I will have to look up Robert Cardinals work. A sailboat sunset picture sounds awesome. I completely understand having a piece of the ocean with you in your New York apartment. I am totally mesmerized by the ocean.

I will get my ACA studs hopefully next week sometime. I am very excited. I will certainly post a picture here for you. Too funny you were going to order Greg a watch for Christmas. We don’t have many surprise gifts anymore. Sometimes we buy something and say you can give this to me for my birthday. I swear we are good for the next 50 years of holidays and special occasions. We do stocking stuffers each year though which are kind of fun to do

I am glad you like living in Brooklyn. It sounds ideal with big city benefits but still a civilized place to live.

How awesome your parents came for a visit. I hope the slant board works well for your mom. It sounds like your mom will be dealing with her knee for quite a while.

Sorry to hear your ankle feels like it might be getting arthritis. It is certainly no fun. That is too bad your toe is still hurting. I am with Victor that I hope it improves with time.

I certainly understand your tough decision on being at the beach house or remaining in the city. Both certainly have good points and bad.

I heard snow was heading your way this weekend. Is that kind of early for your area? We have been abnormally warm here but of course it is cooling off.

Marty is leaving Saturday again. Waah. They are trying to talk him in to staying in Ethiopia until the 18th.

Have a great day tomorrow.
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results