carat
color
clarity

Opinion on this 1.1 carat "champagne" diamond

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
cbird|1414610688|3774578 said:
I guess I'm just nervous about sending the stone through the mail channel and the waiting to get it back. Any experiences?
If you use registered mail and insure it for full value, and deal with a reputable jeweler you will be fine. If you are more comfortable dealing locally, give Ralph a call. He is very knowledgeable, well respected, and will put you at ease. He will either be able to help you or point you in the right direction.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Opinion on this 1.1 carat "champagne" diamond

This one?

That's from cvb
https://www.etsy.com/people/cvbgraphix

Here are some forum examples of her work
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/show-me-your-cvb-t201715.html']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/show-me-your-cvb-t201715.html[/URL]

I've worked with her before. She's utterly lovely.

I've shipped stones before to get them set. You insure the shipment for the cost of the stone, make sure not to put on the box that it's going to a jeweler (or any other markers to indicate there's jewelry in there) and then you need to insure the stone while being set juuuust on the off chance it gets damaged during setting.

uploadfromtaptalk1414611074997.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am just going to mention that the diamond in that rose gold ring of the week was W-X color and not as dark as the stone I think you are looking at. I consider that one more champagne and yours more brown with yellow. Is that was she is wanting? Honestly, I think this stone is going to look better with yellow gold than rose gold. I think you need a lighter brown (WX-YZ) with less yellow to look right in rose gold. Sorry to be chiming in late, but I just want to be sure you know it is not going to look like the Victor Canera ring which has a lighter color brownish stone with less yellow.

Regardless, though, I love Caysie and think she is the perfect one to make your setting! She has many more pictures here:

https://www.facebook.com/cvbinspired

cbird

Rough_Rock
Hey Diamond thanks for posting. I wasn't going for the same look as the VC ring that was featured. I already purchased the stone. Its much much lighter than the pictures. I love it. My GF does not like yellow gold. Right now I am considering a rose gold head with a white gold shank, but I may go with straight white gold.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, that is awesome that you have seen the stone and it is lighter in person!!!

I love the idea of the white metal shank and the rose gold head, personally! I am just not sure a plain white metal setting would do justice to your stone.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006 said:
Okay, that is awesome that you have seen the stone and it is lighter in person!!!

I love the idea of the white metal shank and the rose gold head, personally! I am just not sure a plain white metal setting would do justice to your stone.

Agree with DS here.

If you just put it in white metal around the diamond will wash it out.

When I had mine in two tone with a thicker plain shank white metal -the thick white plain shank washed out my diamond (mine is also a colored Diamond)

Definitely agree with two tone.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
any news?

cbird

Rough_Rock
Hello all!

So sorry I haven't bumped this. I'm getting ready to send my stone off to David Klass to be set in this :

cadsetting.jpg

I just got to thinking though, I haven't had the stone insured yet. In order to get it insured I'm pretty sure I have to get it appraised right? Has anyone sent a stone to David uninsured? What would happen if it was lost in transit?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay its moving along!

Truly I don't know if jewelry insurance covers it in transit. People who have sent their stones off I'm sure have more information on that.

Did you get any sort of appraisal from the company you bought it from?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Opinion on this 1.1 carat "champagne" diamond

Also, is he doing the shank like this?? I saw this setting and I though with the head switched it was perfect for your design

uploadfromtaptalk1418484223156.jpeg

uploadfromtaptalk1418484233327.jpeg

cbird

Rough_Rock
Well, finally all done! Just want to thank everyone for their input. I'm so happy I went with DK.

cring7.jpg
cring3.jpg cring.jpg

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! What a great journey you have had getting the perfect ring. I hope she loves it. Congratulations.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How great you've finally got you're ring! Its really lovely the head looks great.

What made you decide to go soli instead of having diamonds in the shank?

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Looks beautiful Cbird. Congrats on a wonderful project that will bring you both a lifetime of enjoyment. :clap:

Diamoneecee

Rough_Rock
Wow that is just so gorgeous, :love: . Enjoy it and your new journey in life together!

AlexPark

Rough_Rock
wow very nice!

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I love it! Just beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results