shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on this 1.1 carat "champagne" diamond

cbird

Rough_Rock
You know what, if I can't do the pave now I can't do it. I can always upgrade in the future.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cbird|1413837763|3769957 said:
You know what, if I can't do the pave now I can't do it. I can always upgrade in the future.
True. But I'd try and do it if its in your budget just because women get attached to their e ring, they often don't want to change it.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Niel|1413838478|3769967 said:
True. But I'd try and do it if its in your budget just because women get attached to their e ring, they often don't want to change it.
Yes, and especially if you are going to do the rose gold head, which will probably be a custom type project. You might consider having the ring made in a way that you could add pave later without having to build a new ring. That could save you a little money now and she would not have to change rings in the future - just enhance it with the diamonds on the shank. Or not. She may decide not to do that afterall. Maybe get a diamond band instead. A pink one and a yellow one. Wouldn't that be peachy :wink2:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Opinion on this 1.1 carat "champagne" diamond

If it were me,I'd contact David klass. I'd tell him you want a lotus style pave ring in 14k white with a 14k rose gold head. The shank I'd try and do like this Leon mege ring
http://www.whiteflash.com/engagement-rings/diamond-settings/lotus-diamond-engagement-ring-by-leon-mege-1244.htm

And a head more like this cvb ring.

Lotus style plus these photos I think he should get. Tell him 6prong if that's what you prefer. I think this would be nice because it adds extra metal around the diamond for as much pink gold enhancement as you can get without a cup, and the band doesn't have a cathedral so it feels more appropriate that the shank and head are different colors.

uploadfromtaptalk1413839197848.jpg

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Texas Leaguer|1413838908|3769973 said:
Yes, and especially if you are going to do the rose gold head, which will probably be a custom type project. You might consider having the ring made in a way that you could add pave later without having to build a new ring. That could save you a little money now and she would not have to change rings in the future - just enhance it with the diamonds on the shank. Or not. She may decide not to do that afterall. Maybe get a diamond band instead. A pink one and a yellow one. Wouldn't that be peachy :wink2:

I can't tell if your comment was meant as a dig to my post :confused:
I only posted to demonstrate the quality that ERD can offer because like me, OP researched VC - I wasn't posting to suggest a setting style, etc.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Re: Opinion on this 1.1 carat

Niel|1413839204|3769975 said:
If it were me,I'd contact David klass. I'd tell him you want a lotus style pave ring in 14k white with a 14k rose gold head. The shank I'd try and do like this Leon mege ring
http://www.whiteflash.com/engagement-rings/diamond-settings/lotus-diamond-engagement-ring-by-leon-mege-1244.htm

And a head more like this cvb ring.

Lotus style plus these photos I think he should get. Tell him 6prong if that's what you prefer. I think this would be nice because it adds extra metal around the diamond for as much pink gold enhancement as you can get without a cup, and the band doesn't have a cathedral so it feels more appropriate that the shank and head are different colors.

Very pretty setting, Niel:)

cbird

Rough_Rock
I absolutely love that lotus idea. Thank you so much.

cbird

Rough_Rock

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think BOTH stones looks lovely. Please trust your instinct, if you like the first one more!
(very pretty setting idea - Lotus)

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
momhappy|1413839589|3769978 said:

I only posted to demonstrate the quality that ERD can offer because like me, OP researched VC - I wasn't posting to suggest a setting style, etc.
On the contrary, I think your color bands are beautiful and I can totally see them on either side of the OP's engagement ring with white band and pink head. (I like the one Niel suggested very much). I was being a little facetious in that they would obviousy bust the budget which is the whole reason for suggesting to do the pave on the shank later. But they sure would add that peachy impact the OP is going for! And they could be added on as budget becomes available without any change to the e-ring. Great anniversary presents :wink2:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Texas Leaguer|1413840324|3769994 said:

On the contrary, I think your color bands are beautiful and I can totally see them on either side of the OP's engagement ring with white band and pink head. (I like the one Niel suggested very much). I was being a little facetious in that they would obviousy bust the budget which is the whole reason for suggesting to do the pave on the shank later. But they sure would add that peachy impact the OP is going for! And they could be added on as budget becomes available without any change to the e-ring. Great anniversary presents :wink2:

Ah, okay:) Thanks for clarifying - it's tough to tell sometimes how things were meant to come across on a forum like this.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
momhappy|1413842308|3770027 said:
Texas Leaguer|1413840324|3769994 said:

Ah, okay:) Thanks for clarifying - it's tough to tell sometimes how things were meant to come across on a forum like this.
Indeed. Sorry if I was getting too cute with my post. Your color bands looked so nice I guess I got a little carried away with my "advice".

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cbird|1413839903|3769985 said:

Of course. I was trying to find an example from someone like Gabriel and Co because i know you have a vendor in your area, but i couldnt find any without cathedrals but with interesting heads. I think the reason it would work is that the it doesnt have a cathedral. meaning, the shank just looks like a circle with a head plopped on top. usually i prefer cathedrals, but for this, i think, it actually flatters the stone more. the rose gold head with the a brown diamond is so different from the white gold shank with white diamonds, i think its nice to make a clear distinction. Also, thats why i think the lotus head would benefit the design. It clearly delineates the head style from the shank style. They are different colors and metals, so playing this up rather than pretending they are the same i think is the way to go.

Id probably see if he could do it for 1k. Hell come back and tell you if he cant, but, you'll need to leave yourself some wiggle room for shipping it insured to him, then getting insurance for the stone while set

https://www.facebook.com/david.klass.jewelry

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was looking at his pinterest page and he has actually already done a similar head. Heres what i imagine, with some tweaks that are noted. You can send him a pic like this and see what he says.

1489274_561254283957380_1008718407_n.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
rose gold + white would really look fab

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
please forgive my spelling and grammatical errors in my photo, my husband was talking at the same time, i must need to pay more attention :lol:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cbird|1413848774|3770088 said:
I just noticed he has also done a fleur de lis inspired solitaire, which happens to be on of the symbols for my gfs sorority. But I really love the lotus...

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/557531628843771303/

Cool!

The only thing I'd say about that is make sure shell still be into a sorority motif in 15 years.

cbird

Rough_Rock
Yup just ran it by her. She prefers the lotus. I think we are set!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cbird|1413850431|3770098 said:
Yup just ran it by her. She prefers the lotus. I think we are set!
Smart man to run it by the wearer!

Did you send a message to SK?

cbird

Rough_Rock
I am going to contact him today! Do I need to have a FB account to view the page?

cbird

Rough_Rock
It has arrived! And it is perfect. I can't really put into words how excited I am. It is the exact color we have been looking for, eye clean, and it sparkles so beautifully! I know my gf is going to love it. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to all of you who have responded to my inquiries and/or made suggestions, especially Niel. It really means a lot that to me that you are willing to take some time out of your day to help someone out who has no idea what he's doing!

Working with Leibish has been such a pleasure. Excellent customer service and knowledge, and the stone was at my doorstep two days after I wired them the money. Very refreshing when compared with a lot of other companies I have experience with. In case anyone ever digs up this post in the future with questions about Leibish, don't hesitate to do business with them!

Now the setting: I contacted David and he got back to me. Sounds like he can do exactly what I'm looking for. When I have a little more information I will update.

As far as pictures go, I only have a camera phone and the pictures I've taken don't really come out that well.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cbird|1414192061|3772276 said:
It has arrived! And it is perfect. I can't really put into words how excited I am. It is the exact color we have been looking for, eye clean, and it sparkles so beautifully! I know my gf is going to love it. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to all of you who have responded to my inquiries and/or made suggestions, especially Niel. It really means a lot that to me that you are willing to take some time out of your day to help someone out who has no idea what he's doing!

Working with Leibish has been such a pleasure. Excellent customer service and knowledge, and the stone was at my doorstep two days after I wired them the money. Very refreshing when compared with a lot of other companies I have experience with. In case anyone ever digs up this post in the future with questions about Leibish, don't hesitate to do business with them!

Now the setting: I contacted David and he got back to me. Sounds like he can do exactly what I'm looking for. When I have a little more information I will update.

As far as pictures go, I only have a camera phone and the pictures I've taken don't really come out that well.

Awesome!! Isn't it so nice when things meet your expectations? Also I had hapes your little hiatus from PS meant you heard good news from David.

I take all my photos come from my phone. It takes some practice but if you put your phone about a foot away from your stone and put it on macro (if that's an option for your phone) usually you can get a nice pic. You just have to crop it after the fact abs that,will essentially zoom it for you. I find setting it on a windowsill on a sunny day usually makes it easy to get a good color. You get a lot of defused lighting that way. Even cup your hand over it, that helps.

I say this just because I'll forgive not posting pics of the loose stone, but we will need pictures of the finished product :lol: :lol: :lol:
There's also a thread over in the show me the bling part of the forum that's pinned at the top says how to take good photos of your diamond.

Anyways I'm so excited for you! On her hand it will look even bigger. It's going to look like a million bucks! I hope you come back when DK gets you cads.

cbird

Rough_Rock
Still mulling over my options but a question for Niel and then the forum. Niel, what is the source of the first picture you posted with the lotus that sat directly on the shank? I can't get my mind off that setting its exactly what I want. And then for the forum, can anyone recommend any jewelers in Scottsdale or Phoenix AZ that might be able to create a custom setting for me? Thanks!

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
cbird|1414602145|3774509 said:
Still mulling over my options but a question for Niel and then the forum. Niel, what is the source of the first picture you posted with the lotus that sat directly on the shank? I can't get my mind off that setting its exactly what I want. And then for the forum, can anyone recommend any jewelers in Scottsdale or Phoenix AZ that might be able to create a custom setting for me? Thanks!
You might want to contact Ralph Mueler and Associates in Scottsdale.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Texas Leaguer said:
cbird|1414602145|3774509 said:
You might want to contact Ralph Mueler and Associates in Scottsdale.

If you do go want to connect with Ralph Mueller. I have been to see him, and they take appointments only. You also want to call them directly as they have never responded to my inquiry email :confused: . I sold some unwanted broken pieces of jewelry/gold to them a few years back.

If you were looking for contemporary Modern I would recommend Coffin & Trout in Chandler. I've worked with Michael's Creative Jewelry on a few pieces, (they are also more on the modern/contemporary-- I also don't like their prong work - its like an after thought :-o ) but after the last piece and the terrible handling of the whole situation; I won't recommend them anymore. They do very good repair work though :sick: The one in Chandler is the only location I used to regularly visit.

I recommend working with David Klass even though he is in LA.

ETA: That first Lotus head picture is from Caysie She does fine delicate bezel and milgrain for sure.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CVBinspiredDesign

I haven't found any jeweler that I liked for delicate designs yet in AZ... as most places do heavy metal intensive work and most really think the prongs are after thought.. that's why I like the many vendors recommended here in PS.

cbird

Rough_Rock
I guess I'm just nervous about sending the stone through the mail channel and the waiting to get it back. Any experiences?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cbird said:
I guess I'm just nervous about sending the stone through the mail channel and the waiting to get it back. Any experiences?

The first one in the mail is always nerve racking however, I've sent way too many gems and diamonds across the US and out of the country, and so have many on here.

David Klass is my go to jeweler now adays, I've sent it all sorts of way, first class, priority, register, guaranteed express... and I haven't had any problems. Many will tell you to go registered mail - takes longer but its the one that protects you the best.

Check out Ralph Mueller see if you like his stuff. I never went through his pieces, I got sidetracked and blinded by all his diamonds :love: and he had many to look at colored too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results