shape
carat
color
clarity

New project - three stone cushion with colored sides (POLL)

Which side stones would you choose?

• Champagne / light brown old mine cut

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Champagne / light brown modern cut

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Light lemon-y yellow old mine cut

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Light lemon-y yellow modern cut

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters

CalmerPalmer

Rough_Rock
While waiting for my e-ring upgrade to be finalized, I'm already starting to think about my next project (PS is a dangerous place to hang out...!!) - would love to hear your thoughts please!

I would like to use my original e-ring stone (2.2 ct modern squared cushion F VS1) as the center, with colored diamonds of around 0.7 ct each on the sides. I am planning to set the ring in rose gold. Please let me know which combination you prefer.

Thank you as always!

CP

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: New project - three stone cushion with colored sides (PO

I think either color would be fine but without a picture of your center stone I dont know what would look better with it
(cushions or MRBs).

I do like the browns that have orangy-pinky colors in them and I'm more into the mellow yellows than bright yellows.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

To keep with the feel of the center stone, I'd go with a modern stone. I also prefer champagne (light peachy colour) side diamonds because light yellow or light brown may not be noticeable at all, even next to an F coloured diamond. They might look off-coloured whereas when one goes with stronger coloured sidestones, it looks deliberate.

CalmerPalmer

Rough_Rock

You are right! Here is a picture of my current ring for reference.

_23646.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Since you want rose gold I would go for the champaign stones. If yellow gold I would have preferred the lemon stones.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Curious, why do you want colored sides? You have a beautiful F cushion; I think that the brownish/yellowish sides will not look as pretty. Have you seen your stone with these particular side colors yet? Full disclosure, I am not a fan of any of these colors for colored diamonds as I am a colorless or near colorless snob.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AprilBaby|1414595204|3774432 said:
Since you want rose gold I would go for the champaign stones. If yellow gold I would have preferred the lemon stones.

This is pretty much my thinking, but you'll have to be sure the color is intense enough to be a contrast to the center stone. Definitely modern cut sides with a modern cushion center. I think I'd honestly prefer the ring with lemony sides done in platinum with just yellow prongs for the side stones, though.

CalmerPalmer

Rough_Rock

Thank you everyone for your input. To be honest I haven't seen the combination of colored sides and white center in real life but I want to do something more special/out of the box with this project than a traditional three stone ring with all white diamonds. I've realized that I have a tendency to err on the side of caution and favor simple designs (as evidenced by my conservative choice for the upgrade e-ring design..after considering many other more interesting settings I just couldn't pull the trigger), but think that it's time that I spice things up a little bit :twirl:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

CalmerPalmer|1414633986|3774783 said:
Thank you everyone for your input. To be honest I haven't seen the combination of colored sides and white center in real life but I want to do something more special/out of the box with this project than a traditional three stone ring with all white diamonds. I've realized that I have a tendency to err on the side of caution and favor simple designs (as evidenced by my conservative choice for the upgrade e-ring design..after considering many other more interesting settings I just couldn't pull the trigger), but think that it's time that I spice things up a little bit :twirl:

I love your idea. And your diamond being so white would look great with any color. Even colored stones with blue or red.

I have a big crush on caramel color brown diamonds right now, and with rose gold and your skin tone, thats what i would pink.

CalmerPalmer

Rough_Rock

Hi guys,

Thank you again for your previous comments (and encouragements!). I'm pretty close to deciding (waiting for a couple of details to be confirmed) but hubby and I have different preferences that I would like to ask your opinion on please: should the side stones be completely square just like the centre one, or slightly rectangular to give the overall look a more slim feel?

Below are two rough reference pictures that I attempted to make in powerpoint with stones from DBL (please excuse the quality but hopefully you can see what I mean) - both of these have 1ct per stone on the side.

Which one would you pick (and if neither, why)?

Thank you!

rec_side.png

square_side.png

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Agreed. #2

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

It's a matter of preference of course.

But I personally would prefer blue sapphire, green tsavorite, or red spinel sides.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results