shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on WF or GOG Ring ~1.5c

canvasback

Shiny_Rock
You will most likely see no difference between working with WF and GOG. I have dealt with both. They're both some of the best of the best.

I'm going to tend towards the larger GOG stone. I love the ACA, too, but tend to shy away from feathers at the girdle. That being said, because it's an ACA, it has been thoroughly inspected, and it would be wrong of me not at least tell you to talk to WF about it and make sure it won't effect durability of the stone.

In all honesty, I'd be more inclined to buy from whichever you choose a setting from (if that's an option).

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
jbouma|1414589592|3774390 said:
WOW. Both of those GOG stones are gorgeous. If you go with the WF stones, I prefer the first, because the table size is more in line with ideal. You'd need to be SURE the WF is completely eyeclean.

I have had great luck with GOG. I prefer them. I didn't have great experiences with WF workmanship on a wedding band.

jbouma

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies. I have seen both the WF diamonds in person. They are both eye clean and honestly can't tell any difference between the ACA and expert selection in terms of sparkle, color, etc. Of the two WF diamonds I am leaning towards the expert selection due to the price difference. The only hesitation I have is the G color of both of those compared to the GOG.

What are your thoughts on the GOG stones? One is a GIA vs. the other being an AGS. Any recommendations?

Does anyone have experience between GOG superior hearts & arrows cut vs. WF ACA or expert selection cuts?

P.S. I was told that the reason the expert selection didn't make ACA was due to the little bit of leakage on the ASET scope.

Buldor

Shiny_Rock
Hi, I have several WF ACA and own a GOG RB too. In terms of customer service, they are both excellent.

As for diamonds, I can see a difference between an ES and ACA. But since you can't tell the difference, go for ES and save the penny.

RockyRacoon

Brilliant_Rock
Both GOG and WF are great vendors, with strong track records.

I would go with whichever vendor has the setting you're looking for, to make it a one-stop experience.

jbouma

Rough_Rock
Both have the setting I want. I'm torn between the ES WF and either of the GOG.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All my diamonds have come from GOG and WF, and I have high regard for both! I wasn't going to comment, but I will say that of the GOG stones, I'd far rather have the 1.5 F stone over the smaller one, and I prefer the ACA over the ES from WF. The ES is a step below the other three in cut quality, in my opinion.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I'd also go with the larger GOG. I've had fantastic experiences working with them. If any one of them is grabbing you, reserve it ASAP so that a lurker doesn't snake it out from under you.

RockyRacoon

Brilliant_Rock
jbouma|1414606404|3774546 said:
Both have the setting I want. I'm torn between the ES WF and either of the GOG.

Got it.

If you decide to go the GOG route, I would ask for a video of the two stones you had selected, along with a third of approximately the same price. You can compare side-by-side and see if you prefer performance of one over the others.

That way, you can be confident in your choice and you'll have the paper to back it up.

Best of luck!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both of the GOG stones are H&A top cut quality so their performance would be similar. It's just the size difference that will be noticeable, in my opinion.

jbouma

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the replies. I think I know the answer to this is yes, but can you all confirm from your experiences that GOG and WF policies are basically the same in terms of upgrades, etc?

canvasback

Shiny_Rock
jbouma|1414674673|3774938 said:
Thanks for all the replies. I think I know the answer to this is yes, but can you all confirm from your experiences that GOG and WF policies are basically the same in terms of upgrades, etc?

Both of those companies have lifetime trade up policy on their signature stones. Meaning, if you buy a GOG H&A or a WF ACA, at any time during your lifetime you can trade for a stone of equal or greater value. That means if you buy a WF ACA for $21,989 two weeks or 52 years from now you can trade up on a $22,000 or $52,000 stone and only pay the difference.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results