shape
carat
color
clarity

The grandmother thread

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Or as my daughter would say let her poke me in the ribs and run to pee as much as she wants, she'll be evicted soon lol. Seriously where did the time go? April, Wishing your dil an easy as possible labour and delivery and a Very Healthy little girl.

siv1

Shiny_Rock
Just checking in to see if there's any new grandma's out there. Both of you must be so excited. The last few days were torture for me while waiting for a new grandbaby. Hope to hear of safe deliveries and healthy moms and babies this week.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Three more days! Nothing happening here yet! Good luck clueless!

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Well baby Giada got her eviction notice this morning lol She came into this world at 2:44 am by C-Section. She's a healthy 9 lbs 2 ounce 20" precious pure bundle of joy. She already has us all wrapped up around those precious little pinkies.

Thank you for your well wishes siv and April.

April now it's your dil turn can't wait for her little princess to get here! All the best xo

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the new grandbabies soon! :appl: :appl:

siv1

Shiny_Rock
Cluless|1414023243|3771312 said:
Well baby Giada got her eviction notice this morning lol She came into this world at 2:44 am by C-Section. She's a healthy 9 lbs 2 ounce 20" precious pure bundle of joy. She already has us all wrapped up around those precious little pinkies.

Thank you for your well wishes siv and April.

April now it's your dil turn can't wait for her little princess to get here! All the best xo

Congratulation Cluless on the birth of your precious granddaughter Giada. Enjoy as much of this time with her as possible. They grow so fast. It seems the grandbabies grow faster than my children did. Its hard to believe my new grandson is already 6 months old. Hope you daughter is doing well.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! She is a good size! Why the CSection at 2 am? Nothing happening here. Looks like we will have a late baby!

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you ladies! xo April I'll come back a little later to update need to get some work done.............. would rather be spending time with my girls than working ,lol

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So no baby today :(

Maybe on the 26th for my half birthday???

And since when did obgyn stop doing internal exams at the end???? They have no clue if she is even dilated?

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
April half birthdays are good right? Or maybe she's holding out to be a Halloween baby lol. In any case it won't be that much longer, hang in there. Here (Canada or our province at least) they still do internals till the end.

To answer your question " Why the C Section at 2 am?" Well when she went to her appointment she still wasn't dilated and they found her blood pressure was a little high I think it was 140/74 and they found higher protein in her urine, so they gave her a blood test to check for preeclampsia the results came back borderline, so doc suggested inducement for 8 Monday night. She went in on Monday to have a catheter in to open up the cervix and they would start the inducement medicine on Tuesday morning. Her cervix only opened 4cm and the baby was still very high, she hadn't dropped at all and her contractions were very mild even with the meds. At 6:50 they broke her water by 7:10 the contractions were very strong and very close, but the baby still was not coming down at all. At 12:30 her doc did an internal and checked her out. She came out and told us that basically nothing had happened and she was same as Monday night except for her cervix being dilated at 4cm and at this point it would be best to just deliver the baby by C Section. There already was a patient in the O.R. and needed to wait about an hour before being taken to the O.R. There you have that's how little Giada was born by C-Section at 2:44am on October 22 instead of the 23. If she wouldn't have been induced I'm pretty sure she would have held out till Halloween lol.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to say congrats on the birth of your precious granddaughter Cluless! What a special time for you and your family, I'm glad mama and baby are doing well - congrats to all! :appl:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad mom and baby are well! 6 pm here on my half birthday and no baby :(

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you junebug, it truly is a precious time xo

Thank you April xo, hang in there just a little longer she'll be here before you know it. Hey the 26 is not over yet you never know, stranger things have happened lol.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still nothing. If she is not here tomorrow they will induce Thursday night for a Halloween baby!

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Oh how exciting! Looks like it won't be much longer now! All the best! I just realized she'll be a Harper or Holland probably born on Halloween how cool is that! She has the H theme going on.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Induction tonight starting at 8 pm. I think Holland might now be out because she doesn't want to be a "Holly ween" baby!

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow just came in to check before going to bed,how exciting. Lots of positive dust coming her way for a smooth labour and delivery. Hang in there grandma xo

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This baby is not being very cooperative! Mom has been in labour since last night and she is not progressing very fast. We might just miss Halloween!

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Oh how I feel for you April, the waiting is sheer torture, but she is worth the wait so hang in there grandma just a little longer to go and hopefully she will make her grand entrance just in time before Halloween is over

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Baby Harper made her grand appearance just after 6 pm on Halloween! Mommy, daddy and baby are doing very well and are very tired!
I got 15 minutes with her before the ward closed for the night but it was love at first sight!

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations April glad to hear all are doing well, enjoy her!

siv1

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations April on your sweet granddaughter Harper. Glad to hear everyone is well. Hope you get more bonding time today.

Clueless-How is your little one and mom doing?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful news April! :appl: I'm happy for everyone, congrats to you and your family - enjoy that sweet baby!

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
siv the not so little one lol and mom are doing very well,she's drinking about 3 ounces every 3 hours and mommy is recovering well from surgery. Thank you for asking xo

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so happy for you April! I hope your getting lots of time with her. I love her name!

siv1

Shiny_Rock
How's all the grandmothers and grandfathers doing this holiday season? Hope everyone got to see their grandkids for Thanksgiving. Do you have all of the shopping for the little ones done? I've been done a few times. Every time I say I'm done, I find another outfit or toy or book that I'm sure would be enjoyed. The kids try to stick me to 2 presents at Christmas and 1 for their birthdays. But that's so hard to do. When they get older it will be easier to stick to that.

My little grandson will be 8 months old in a few days. Time sure does fly. C is sitting and is trying to pull himself up in the crib. He's army crawling, but he likes to roll to get where he's going faster. We think he'll be an early walker. He has an older brother to keep up with. R (will be 4 in Feb), is so excited for Christmas. He helped his parents decorate the tree and he's been busy making all of his presents for the grandparents. Those are the best presents ever. :love: :love: :love:
My granddaughters J (2 1/2) and E (15 mos) are enjoying counting down the days on the Advent calendar. DD and SIL are probably more excited than the girls. I have to wait until the last minute to mail the presents to them. DD has been known to open up their presents as soon as they get them and not have any to open on Christmas. :rolleyes:

Who has travel plans?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harper is a tiny baby. She was 7.13 at birth and at 8 weeks she is just over 9 lbs, still less than my kids at birth. She is quite precious, but I am a bit worried. She makes no eye contact, won't nurse, sleeps 11 hrs at night since 5 weeks. I keep my mouth shut but I can't remember my babies being like that. I'm a bit worried she might be autistic. Calm me down? Should a 8 week old baby be looking at faces???

siv1

Shiny_Rock
Hugs April. I'm sorry you're so worried about your sweet granddaughter. I'm not an expert, but each baby is different and reach milestones at different rates. When does she go back to the ped? Harper may just be petite, which can be a good thing. :D Try not to worry too much and don't compare her to other babies. Hope you get to enjoy her for Christmas.

siv1

Shiny_Rock
Last night I got to babysit my grandsons while my DS and DIL went out for her birthday. The boys are so much fun. I was telling R how we will be opening presents in 2 days and he was so excited. I just hope the kids don't get too upset about all the presents I got. But, being a grandmother allows me to get them as much as I want. My son has to work and we are getting together around noon, but since he works so close to my house, he can always come over for a little bit then go back to work if need be. I hope he gets finished, but at least he will have a little time with us and can always come back after he gets done working.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
siv1|1419388670|3806931 said:
Hugs April. I'm sorry you're so worried about your sweet granddaughter. I'm not an expert, but each baby is different and reach milestones at different rates. When does she go back to the ped? Harper may just be petite, which can be a good thing. :D Try not to worry too much and don't compare her to other babies. Hope you get to enjoy her for Christmas.

It's just a gut feeling and I hope I'm wrong! Looking forward to seeing her for Christmas eve! Hope all of us have fabulous christmas' with our sweet babies!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results