CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As a spin-off to the makeup thread...

I'd like it to be...

Fragrance-free
Very lightly tinted
Light coverage but enough to make my skin look more even
My main goals: created a more "matte" appearance and hide some redness.

I am fair skinned...

Any recommendations?

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks AMC and Lara!

Both are good brands...I did try the Elta MD sunscreen once but not sure it was the same one (I don't think that's "technically" a BB cream, AMC - but I don't know what dictates what makes it one...I just don't see that on the tube at all.)

I wonder if the La Roche one is available at Ulta - so I could try the tint.

Do they all tend to contain sunscreen?* (I didn't realize that, but I guess that makes sense if they're supposed to be an all-in-one type of product...)

*not because I don't want to wear sunscreen - I wear it every single day - but just might want the option to wear my own underneath it.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like Clinique's CC cream, not heavy and looks nice (I know not bb cream)

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
amc80|1414535667|3774096 said:
This isn't exactly BB cream, but it's what my dermatologist recommended-

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012XO2W6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It has just enough tint to even things out.

Elta MD is my all-time favorite SPF. I don't use the tinted one anymore (I used to) because I switched to the Elto MD UV Clear SPF 46 (it helps with discoloration, hyper pigmentation, etc.). I found a similar product (to the tinted Elta MD) recently called Elizabeth Arden RX Triple Protection Factor. It is a sheer, tinted SPF (50)with antioxidants. It goes on super-smooth, has just enough color, and feels wonderful on (not sticky, heavy, or oily like other sunscreens).
I also sometimes use Dr. Jart Premium BB cream. It has an SPF of 45, which is higher than many of the others. It is fairly heavy on color though, so I mix it with a light moisturizer or I'll add more SPF if I'm going to be in the sun.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
oh my goodness, I feel like you are all speaking in secret code here! :lol:

What the heck does BB stand for?

I use Clinique's Dramatically Different for a moisturizer - is that CC cream? Lush used to make a moisturizer I loved, I think it was called Ultralite?, but it was discontinued.

edited to add:
Never mind, I looked it up. Sounds like it started off meaning something specific and now is pretty much a marketing term. I guess I spend all my time in Sephora looking at colorful makeup, not creams - because I have never heard of this abbreviation!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
BB stands for Beauty Balm:) CC creams are not just regular moisturizers (like the Clinique product you mentioned). They are color correcting and they are typically lightweight and fast-absorbing. Most of them even out skin tone while providing skin with antioxidants and/or SPF.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the IT Cosmetics CC Cream, I use the one in the tube, in Fair.

Qvc and ulta both sell it

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy|1414537894|3774120 said:

This does not look good on my skin. They will give you a take home sample if you ask. I love Missha BB (buy from Amazon). May be more coverage than you want though. I wear number 21 and am very fair.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1414541534|3774146 said:
BB stands for Beauty Balm:) CC creams are not just regular moisturizers (like the Clinique product you mentioned). They are color correcting and they are typically lightweight and fast-absorbing. Most of them even out skin tone while providing skin with antioxidants and/or SPF.

thanks momhappy!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I say go to a Sephora to try on different kinds. BB creams usually only come in limited colors, so my favorite (Clinique) may not work for you if your tone doesn't match mine.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you go to Paulaschoice.com, look under beautipedia reviews, under Best Product-then scroll to BB creams in the catagory section, you will find a list of the BB creams she likes. The site will tell you why she likes them and what benefits each product has. I always check Paula Choice before buying a new product just to see what she has to say. I have found some pretty good products that way.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also use Missha. If I need it very light, I use a teeny tiny squirt (barely press on the pump). If I need more, I use a medium sized squirt (half depressed pump).

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maria D|1414541331|3774144 said:
oh my goodness, I feel like you are all speaking in secret code here! :lol:

What the heck does BB stand for?

I use Clinique's Dramatically Different for a moisturizer - is that CC cream? Lush used to make a moisturizer I loved, I think it was called Ultralite?, but it was discontinued.

edited to add:
Never mind, I looked it up. Sounds like it started off meaning something specific and now is pretty much a marketing term. I guess I spend all my time in Sephora looking at colorful makeup, not creams - because I have never heard of this abbreviation!

It does sound code! I initially thought CJ was looking for a cream to use on her breasts since I've seen bb used in that context. Figured I better read and see what I was missing because I never knew you were supposed to have a special cream for them :lol: 8) 8)

Momhappy, thanks for explaining what they are!

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
I love Smashbox's photo finish BB cream from Sephora. Before I found this I used clinque's but it was so heavy and didn't soak into my skin very well.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maria D|1414551252|3774219 said:
momhappy|1414541534|3774146 said:

thanks momhappy!

I have a horrible time with texting and computer abbreviations and I was not about to be the one to ask for the explanation for a simple beauty product abbreviation! So I was going with "cold cream" for "cc" and "body butter" for "bb" after having racked my brain for ages and ages! Thanks for doing the dirty work for me, Maria. And thanks for answering, momhappy. ;))

Deb

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I use the Misha too. You can use it very lightly. It's very spreadable and has great coverage.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

What is the difference between a BB and tinted moisturizer with an SPF? I wore the TM's for years and wonder now if it just rebranding.

cheers--Sharon

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1414617913|3774645 said:
I use the Misha too. You can use it very lightly. It's very spreadable and has great coverage.
I also suggest applying it with a beauty blender sponge. Very smooth finish.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I use a small amount and my fingers.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tacori E-ring|1414551030|3774215 said:
Skippy|1414537894|3774120 said:

This does not look good on my skin. They will give you a take home sample if you ask. I love Missha BB (buy from Amazon). May be more coverage than you want though. I wear number 21 and am very fair.

I have a feeling this won't look good on my skin either...I was looking on Clinique's website at their before and afters and I actually like some their BEFORES better! I just have large pores and "dewey" doesn't look great on me...dry or totally matte doesn't either, I like a finish somewhere in between.

However, I will try it, because I like that they have so many color options, and because several of you like it...

So here's what's on my list to try: (and TP, you cracked me up with breast cream thing - shoot, I probably need some coverage on these things too!)

I'm actually going to try all your recommendations...since I have only tried drugstore brands.

However, I have a feeling I need to give up on wanting it to be fragrance-free...but if I could find something that doesn't feel as heavy as foundation but just makes me look better, it might just inspire me to wear it every day and put a little mascara, on, etc.

Thank you guys!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy and Chrono, do you also buy it from Amazon? (like Tacori?)

There's a huge price difference between getting it from Amazon or from the Missha site. But sometimes I'm a little skeptical with Amazon and beauty products. Tacori, have you been purchasing this through Amazon for a while, no problems?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've heard of fake Missha products sold on Amazon, so I get it directly from Missha USA, which runs sales very often. I purchased mine nearly a year ago and am still using the first tube (granted I don't use it everyday). I think mine was a buy one, get one free offer or something which is why I have 2 tubes. I find the Perfect Cover to be heavier than the Signature Real. IIRC, the Signature Real does seem to have bit of fragrance.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1414622901|3774684 said:
HI:
What is the difference between a BB and tinted moisturizer with an SPF? I wore the TM's for years and wonder now if it just rebranding.
cheers--Sharon

Sharon,
BB creams supposedly contains ingredients that help heals/reduces blemishes (acne scars and dark spots) and heals breakouts. In using my BB cream, I noticed my zits drying out within a day or two and then completely drops off shortly after. On the other hand, I've also read that most US branded BB creams are nothing more than glorified TM's with hardly anything to reduces blemishes.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
CJ2008|1414684680|3774989 said:

There's a huge price difference between getting it from Amazon or from the Missha site. But sometimes I'm a little skeptical with Amazon and beauty products. Tacori, have you been purchasing this through Amazon for a while, no problems?

I have not had any problems. I think I have bought four tubes. They last a very long time. Missha has some sample sizes if you need to figure out your color. Lots of ladies seem to be a 23 but it was too beige for me. I am a 21 (ivory in other brands). Clinique looked streaky and that was with using the beauty blender (which I only buy from sephora). I have tried cover girl but there is little coverage.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bought mine from Amazon. But it was a WHILE ago. The tubes last a long time.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1414703518|3775145 said:
I bought mine from Amazon. But it was a WHILE ago. The tubes last a long time.
I still have a tube, lol, but didn't use it because the color was off (that is tough about buying online).

I second Sephora for checking out BB's or CC's, or tinted moisturizers. I hear you can return a product if you aren't happy with it.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tacori E-ring|1414695805|3775094 said:
CJ2008|1414684680|3774989 said:

I have not had any problems. I think I have bought four tubes. They last a very long time. Missha has some sample sizes if you need to figure out your color. Lots of ladies seem to be a 23 but it was too beige for me. I am a 21 (ivory in other brands). Clinique looked streaky and that was with using the beauty blender (which I only buy from sephora). I have tried cover girl but there is little coverage.

I would probably be a 21 too...anything with any beige in it makes me look too dark...as it is my face tends to be darker than my neck. :sick:

I don't have any Sephoras near enough to me to not make a special trip...(I used to love going to the mall, now, not so much) - but definitely so much better to try things in person.

One thing that's been really bugging me later is facial FUZZ - yuck. It seems to be getting blonder or something/more noticeable. Is this ANOTHER age-related thing? I mean damn.

BabyM - I love the Estee Lauder foundations so I may like their BB creams...

I really just gotta make a trip and try all these...and order the Missha in 21...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results