shape
carat
color
clarity

Baby & Feminine WIPES Recall PSA

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Saw this article, thought I'd pass it on.

Recall Notice: Your Baby Wipes May Be Contaminated with Bacteria

Watch your baby’s backside — several brands of wipes have been pulled off shelves.

Before you clean your little one’s bum, you may want to check the label on those wipes. Nutek Disposables of Pennsylvania has voluntarily recalled its baby wipes, which are manufactured under 10 brand names, since the packaging may contain a type of bacteria that’s often antibiotic-resistant.

The company was prompted to investigate after receiving complaints that the wipes had a strange odor and showed signs of discoloration. Microbial testing revealed the presence of Burkholderia cepacia, a bacteria that poses little risk to healthy people, but may cause infection in those with weakened immune systems or chronic lung diseases (like cystic fibrosis), according to the CDC.

On October 3rd, the company decided to recall the wipes that tested positive for bacteria, as well other wipes manufactured in a similar time frame; the recall has now been extended to all Nutek wipes. The company has received several complaints of rash, irritation, infection, fever, gastro-intestinal issues, and respiratory issues, although these reports haven’t been definitively linked to the use of the recalled wipes, according to a company statement.

The recall includes these brands: Cuties, Diapers.com, Femtex, Fred’s, Kidgets, Member’s Mark, Simply Right, Sunny Smiles, Tender Touch, and Well Beginnings. The baby wipes were distributed before October 21, 2014, to Walgreens, Sam’s Club, Family Dollar, Fred’s and Diapers.com, among other retailers. Nutek has halted distribution of all wipes manufactured at the facility.

If you purchased a pack of recalled wipes, you may return them to the place of purchase for a full refund. To contact Nutek, call 1-855-646-4351, Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. ET.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I saw it this morning on the news - thanks for sharing, iLander =)

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, I just sent a msg to my daughter.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results