carat
color
clarity

Thoughts about si2 quality?

eiger

Rough_Rock
3_140.jpg
3_139.jpg

I am looking for something around 3 carats in an I color and eye clean si1 or si2 stone with faint or non fluorescence. The one above looks to have good proportions (I think) although, after seeing the photo, I'm wondering if the stone could still look ok. Perhaps I should not be looking at an Si2. The vendor says the stone is eye clean and the inclusions only "look" jarring because the image is magnified 200x. At 3.24 carats, it's also a bit larger what I am looking for)

The vendor also recommended this stone:

Any thoughts? Do you think these stones will look terrible in person? I was very interested in, what appeared to be, a well-cut I Si1 with no fluorescence, but I am told that it is milky, so that one is not longer an option.

The two above are from North American Diamond Brokers. I'm not sure if anyone has experience with them.
Any thoughts? I currently have a GIA 1.7 E color eye-clean Si2 diamond and am looking for something a bit bigger.

3_137.jpg
3_138.jpg

MelisendeDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Trade
eiger|1414379436|3773159 said:
3_140.jpg
3_139.jpg

I am looking for something around 3 carats in an I color and eye clean si1 or si2 stone with faint or non fluorescence. The one above looks to have good proportions (I think) although, after seeing the photo, I'm wondering if the stone could still look ok. Perhaps I should not be looking at an Si2. The vendor says the stone is eye clean and the inclusions only "look" jarring because the image is magnified 200x. At 3.24 carats, it's also a bit larger what I am looking for)

The vendor also recommended this stone:

Any thoughts? Do you think these stones will look terrible in person? I was very interested in, what appeared to be, a well-cut I Si1 with no fluorescence, but I am told that it is milky, so that one is not longer an option.

The two above are from North American Diamond Brokers. I'm not sure if anyone has experience with them.
Any thoughts? I currently have a GIA 1.7 E color eye-clean Si2 diamond and am looking for something a bit bigger.

3_137.jpg
3_138.jpg

Your third thread with the same stone and you are ignoring the advice already given.

You are trying to get an eyeclean 3CT+ stone but the amount you want to spend is not enough. For the specs you want you need to be well north of 30k.

None of us could answer whether something is eye clean, or milky or not, if you don't trust your vendor to do so then find one you do trust.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would rather have a clean stone half that size that a large stone that included. You are unlikely to find a truly eyeclean SI2 at 3 cts and it will take some luck and searching to find a clean SI1 at that size. I would strongly advise sticking to the 2 ct range and look at VS2 and maybe SI1.

eiger

Rough_Rock
I never posted either stone before.
Unfortunately, since posting what I was looking for on PS, I've been a bit overwhelmed with vendors sending me listings and not knowing exactly what to make of some of them (after an initial pass through the HCA). I AM willing to pay more for a better quality stone or find a smaller stone (although it makes no sense to look for something around 1.7 since I already have a lovely diamond that size). The only thing I won't do is go lower than I color since I like a little warmth (I have a 3 carat H color OEC, which I like every bit as much as my D color modern RB), but I don't want anything blatantly yellow.

That said - I seem to be annoying you, and I don't like being scolded, so I won't be on PS anymore.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, that's likely not mindclean enough for me. And I have a more liberal clarity tolerance than DS does.

I'd happily drop down to G or H color instead of E. And stick to SI1 eyeclean. And like DS, I'd also prefer a smaller stone if that wasn't enough. I'd go to a 2.8 carat.

MelisendeDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Trade
eiger|1414383331|3773178 said:
I never posted either stone before.

Post #1 where you posted the 3.244Ct AGSL graded diamond.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/gia-india-is-this-junk.207237/#post-3771351#p3771351

Response #1
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/gia-india-is-this-junk.207237/#post-3771497#p3771497
"The uncertainty is compounded when it comes to diamonds of lower clarity. As you move down through the clarity scale, each grade becomes broader, encompassing a wider range of features that can potentially have negative impacts. For instance, the main grade setting feature on this diamond is a feather." It appears to be fairly large and may or may not present some durability concern or be visible to the naked eye from certain angles. .... As MelisendeDiamonds explains above, the original diamond is a better bet.

Post #2

Then you posted another 3Ct+ I Si2 in another topic [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/looking-for-opinions-on-these-two-rbs.207263/#post-3771615#p3771615']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/looking-for-opinions-on-these-two-rbs.207263/#post-3771615#p3771615[/URL]

Reponse #2 to You.
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...n-these-two-rbs.207263/#post-3771840#p3771840

Now you have posted the original 3.244 again in a third topic. At some point in the three threads one or more posters has tried to impart upon you if you want eye clean at this size we can't tell from images, but few SI2 stones are.

If you want eye clean and "ideal tolk" proportions at this size you are likely going to have to up your budget well above 30k as well as clarity, or to remain in budget go down in size to about ~2.5Ct.

That said - I seem to be annoying you, and I don't like being scolded, so I won't be on PS anymore.
I am genuinely trying to help you by being direct and to the point. If you were standing in my office I'd say the same thing in the same way knowing that this may not be what you want to hear. But giving it to you straight will save you a lot of time and heartache.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
OP, noone is trying to annoy you or scold you, it is just that you are ignoring advice and we cannot tell you anything else in the third thread than in the first, if you post new stones or have others help you look that is different. We do genuinely try to be there for people and offer assistance and advice and we know it can be overwhelming but you seem experienced somewhat by owning two gorgeous stones already so you can sort out helpful advice and stones with potential with our help. I am not sure I understand the part about PS vendors trying to harrass you, I may have misunderstood something. If PS prosumers are writing to you, it is obviously with a good intention. At this size no you are not likely to find eyeclean SI2 and even SI1 are chancy although me personally like Gypsy would risk that chance with the right SI1, if you can live with a bit more included that is fine too but do not expect everything to be a bargain, you will pay the value of the stone in question in the majority of cases. Another option would be to go preowned in order to get size but you already have a 3 carat OEC. I am not sure I understand you because others are posting for you and searching for you and you are not happy with that but you do keep posting the same stones over and over again and you expect that different people will perhaps find your third thread and offer different advice? If you want self validation, then you do not really need that, go right ahead with one of your original choices if you feel you do not need the advice. If you do, we are here but please listen. Hope you do not run away, not one single person is trying to achieve that, we do welcome everyone here and are happy to offer support. We only want the best for you and attempt to advise accordingly.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think, OVincze, that eiger submitted a request to PS's Vendor Diamond Search-Quote feature (via the dark blue Get A Quote tab at the top of pages here) & it's the number of responsese she has received from vendors as a result of her request that she's found rather overwhelming,

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MollyMalone|1414457797|3773633 said:
I think, OVincze, that eiger submitted a request to PS's Vendor Diamond Search-Quote feature (via the dark blue Get A Quote tab at the top of pages here) & it's the number of responsese she has received from vendors as a result of her request that she's found rather overwhelming,

Ahh, and she is likely being shown some of the same stones by multiple vendors because there aren't going to be many listed by the diamond suppliers at 3 cts and that budget.

I really think you need to drop to the 2.5 ct range, because that is a significant size increase over your (around) 1.7 ct stone, and you should be able to find an I color SI1 within budget.

Here's one beautiful example:

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3172000.htm?source=pricescope

another:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/11885/ ($30-31k)

and there are a couple of larger ones:

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3157617.htm?source=pricescope (2.7 cts around $32k)

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3198012.htm?source=pricescope (3.0 at around $37k)

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Aha, ok, thanks girls, that would make sense, so she would get the same stones recommended by multiple vendors here (not knowing how this search option works, I could not for the life of imagine how a PSer would get harassed by vendors) but I thought she would identify them as the same based on specs, report No., etc. Yes, it is hard to find a lot of variety within her specs and budget, that makes sense but resubmitting the same stones over and over for opinion did not make sense to me. You are being so helpful though by recommending new options! There are some great options of course but OP should either increase her budget or go down in size. I too think that a 2.5 would be a really nice upgrade from a 1.7 and the size difference would be definitely noticable. Hopefully, the OP does come back to look at options and decide how to proceed. Perhaps, others will chime in with suggestions. Good luck OP!

MelisendeDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Trade

Well I think that is a lousy feature on this board and it puts it one step closer to just a referral service.
As a customer do you want to be bombarded by 8 companies low level employees (with limited cut experience) using what is basically the same tool as the Pricescope search tool? One vendor doesn't know what the other vendor has already offered the customer either and the customer's contact info(?) was given out to 8 dealers as well?. No wonder eiger is overwhelmed and disappointed with her pricescope experience, I don't blame her.

I think a much better idea is a customer has the option to fill out the very same form and click a box which will start a thread for them. Then members can quickly and easily nail down what the customer is looking for and do a more educated and less sales oriented link to potential candidates. Pretty much how threads in this forum work except that those giving advice have much more of the customers preferences already laid out for them in the beginning.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
MelisendeDiamonds|1414514669|3773905 said:

Well I think that is a lousy feature on this board and it puts it one step closer to just a referral service.
As a customer do you want to be bombarded by 8 companies low level employees (with limited cut experience) using what is basically the same tool as the Pricescope search tool? One vendor doesn't know what the other vendor has already offered the customer either and the customer's contact info(?) was given out to 8 dealers as well?. No wonder eiger is overwhelmed and disappointed with her pricescope experience, I don't blame her.

I think a much better idea is a customer has the option to fill out the very same form and click a box which will start a thread for them. Then members can quickly and easily nail down what the customer is looking for and do a more educated and less sales oriented link to potential candidates. Pretty much how threads in this forum work except that those giving advice have much more of the customers preferences already laid out for them in the beginning.
I agree it is a shame eiger is feeling overwhelmed. However, I don't think the problem is with the quote feature. It is quite accurately messaged as a tool to get quotes from multiple vendors. Normally that is an advantage for a consumer.
https://www.pricescope.com/diamond-multi-vendor-quotes

I think the problem in this case has more to do with the nature of "virtual" inventories and multiple vendors offering the very same stones, often with little or no first hand knowledge of the particulars or guaranteed access. It can be VERY confusing and frustrating for a consumer.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results