shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany twist knot pretty or dated?

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
I like it.
Rose gold and yellow gold are having a real moment fashionwise...could be that white is the 'dated' look for the next few years...
For myself I sould double check the length of the chain though.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it could go either way depending on outfit. I probably would pass for something else.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Classic styles are always in fashion. This pendant is perfect for wearing every day.
Love it!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
oddly, I like it....are you meaning for this to be a statement piece and/or a piece you wear 24/7?
i would say, though, that if you're already considering that you'd leave in a jewelry box then it is a no-go.

wear what YOU like.
trying to be trendy imo is dated.
i'm much more interested in the jewelry of people that know what they like and like it period....regardless of the current trend.

of course, you should take this all with a grain of salt from me BECAUSE i like jewelry that could have come from an archeology dig...........and i admit to liking things i won't see on anyone else.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1414467982|3773698 said:
oddly, I like it....are you meaning for this to be a statement piece and/or a piece you wear 24/7?
i would say, though, that if you're already considering that you'd leave in a jewelry box then it is a no-go.

wear what YOU like.
trying to be trendy imo is dated.
i'm much more interested in the jewelry of people that know what they like and like it period....regardless of the current trend.

of course, you should take this all with a grain of salt from me BECAUSE i like jewelry that could have come from an archeology dig...........and i admit to liking things i won't see on anyone else.

The bolded!

Listen, wear what appeals to you and your eye/aesthetic and don't worry what others think. You know that.

If you love it, buy it, enjoy wearing it. If you stop loving it, put it away or sell it.

No big. I feel kind of "eh, it's cute but not that cute" about that piece, but it is lovely and I wouldn't turn it down if it was presented to me. :naughty: Especially in that silly little blue box! :lol:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think its a little dated but take that with a big grain of salt because I say "if you like it, buy it!" It's
all about how you feel wearing it.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for your thoughtful responses.

I do like it, but I feel like the yellow gold version is something my mom would wear. Her and I usually don't like the same things so that had me questioning it.

It would be an every day necklace and I think the price isn't terrible, but it does look like a style I could find in other metals at any mall store. Not sure if I want to pay Tiffany markup for something so understated.

I think I will take your collective advice and pass since its nice, but I don't love it.

In the end what I really want is a rose gold (very light skin and love how it looks on me) bezel pendant with a little diamond (under 0.5 ct). The husband is very against the project so its been on the back burner for a few years.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is pretty but for that amount of $ I would get something else. I have seen so many nonTiffany's of this design, especially earrings, that I would pass.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I don't think that it looks particularly outdated, but I also think that there are much better choices out there. Keep searching - you'll find something that's perfect for you:)

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
you know what you want, don't settle for less.
re hubby: tell him you want cash for your anniversary, birthday, holiday, etc. present and that you are saving up for this project.
it just cannot be over the top expensive over several years of setting $ aside.
I have no idea why he is against it but I don't think you're asking for the moon with this project and I hope you've been saving for it during that time.

eta: what I wrote sounds harsh; I meant it as a means of compromise so you get what you really desire.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
movie zombie|1414529157|3774034 said:
you know what you want, don't settle for less.
re hubby: tell him you want cash for your anniversary, birthday, holiday, etc. present and that you are saving up for this project.
it just cannot be over the top expensive over several years of setting $ aside.
I have no idea why he is against it but I don't think you're asking for the moon with this project and I hope you've been saving for it during that time.

eta: what I wrote sounds harsh; I meant it as a means of compromise so you get what you really desire.

Not harsh at all! I showed DH.

He is very anti material posessions. He doesn't think twice about upgrading a flight or hotel, but spending equivalent on a pendant doesn't compute for him. He is also anti gift generally, but that has more to due with his background.

He has been getting better and has been buying smaller pieces (ie less than $500) for the last few special occasions. I would rather just consolidate and buy something I really want rather than 5 thinks I'm meh about.

Your post actually helped. He is OK with me returning the watch he bought me for my birthday last month and will be adding that money to anniversary and Christmas. So yey!

The birthday watch is nice, but I already had one that is better quality.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
chemgirl|1414511822|3773886 said:

In the end what I really want is a rose gold (very light skin and love how it looks on me) bezel pendant with a little diamond (under 0.5 ct). The husband is very against the project so its been on the back burner for a few years.

I was browsing Blue Nile the other day looking for a gift and saw this bezel pendant on sale so I figured I'd post it because the price is good and you can usually find an additional 10% off and free shipping at Blue Nile with a quick Google search...

http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-necklace-14k-white-rose-gold_37645?elem=title&track=product

:wavey:

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
alexah|1414547992|3774197 said:
chemgirl|1414511822|3773886 said:

I was browsing Blue Nile the other day looking for a gift and saw this bezel pendant on sale so I figured I'd post it because the price is good and you can usually find an additional 10% off and free shipping at Blue Nile with a quick Google search...

http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-necklace-14k-white-rose-gold_37645?elem=title&track=product

:wavey:

I LOVE that! Classic and will never go out of style!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually like it! I don't love it as earrings but it's kinda interesting as a necklace. :)

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, i'm glad to have been of assistance!
your hubby gets extra points for being receptive and forthcoming on this!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results